Personality Test Results

PennyLane

Hey guys, I just did one of those online personality tests. You know the famous Myers Briggs ones. Anyway below is my result. The thing that confused me though, is that how do I know if this is my 'personality' or just my SA, as this is not how I truly see myself!!

ISFP

Introverted (I) 76.19% Extroverted (E) 23.81%
Sensing (S) 55.17% Intuitive (N) 44.83%
Feeling (F) 69.7% Thinking (T) 30.3%
Perceiving (P) 68.57% Judging (J) 31.43%

Characteristics (supposedly these are pos and neg, but I can't see any good ones haha:)

disorganized, timid, prone to discouragement, socially uncomfortable, does not like leadership, suggestible, not self confident, not aggressive, lower energy, fearful, anxious, easily distracted, prone to discontentment, guarded, not confrontational, prone to longing for a stabilizing relationship, can be overwhelmed by unpleasant feelings, easily disturbed, fears drawing attention to self, prone to confusion, private, second guesses self, prone to quitting, underachiever, fears rejection in relationships, emotionally moody, prone to sadness, dislikes change, indecisive, modest, doubting, prone to laziness

limetree

Online mbti tests are usually pretty inaccurate. When I first took one, I got INFP but I had to do more research into the cognitive functions to figure out that I am actually INFJ. I know some extraverts who tested introverted because they were suffering from depression, and there is a youtube video on the ambiguity of typing people with mental illness somewhere. That description doesn't give a very full picture of ISFPs, these ones are better if you haven't checked them out already:

ISFP Profile
ISFP

Certain types may be more susceptible to SA but we don't necessarily have SA because we are a certain type.

PennyLane

Thanks Limetree, those other profiles were a little more forgiving. When I read the one I got I was thinking I so don't want to live my life as this person!!! I knew I had problems but reading that was just disturbing!! :)

Nicholas

It's interesting to see that a lot of people here seem to be INFP, or around there. I tried some tests some time ago, and I seem to be an INFP, but my INFJ component is also very very strong. That's why I'm a weird guy, LOL. There isn't one fixed category to fit in, that's what make us all different.

However, as you guys said, SA or depression might falsify the results.
When you answer, you should answer according to how you feel you really are, what you would like in your life and you are sure you would be able to get.
So, for example, even though I'm shy and I'm often uncomfortable around people, especially strangers, I would answer that "I like to meet new people and stay with friends", because that would be true, if only I could fix my life a bit and be less ashamed of myself... so that I can open up and feel more confident.

Anyway, finding out who you really are might be a bit shocking at first, because you might realize you have done lots of mistakes and... you should change your life completely. In my case, it made me realize that what I studied in college was probably not the best thing to do for my mental health.

Last edited:

Flowers-Of-Bloom

Ah, I remember this test. Took me awhile to really work out what I was.
I say with certainty, that I am INFP. There is no other type that decribes me best.

Generical

hmm i got ENFJ, don't totally agree with it, think the problem was with a lot of the questions i really didn't know the answer.

Lorraine Manca

Anyone ever notice how the myer briggs sounds an awful lot like the horoscopes in the sunday paper? Does anyone else think all the personality stuff is bs?

megalon

My result is INTJ, the Mastermind. I read through the INTJ type descriptions keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=keirsey&f=fourtemps&tab=5&c=mastermind & INTJ Profile and I think they describe me extremely well. Particularly these sentences-

"Although they are highly capable leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead."

"Masterminds do not feel bound by established rules and procedures, and traditional authority does not impress them, nor do slogans or catchwords. Only ideas that make sense to them are adopted; those that don't, aren't, no matter who thought of them."

"When it comes to their own areas of expertise -- and INTJs can have several -- they will be able to tell you almost immediately whether or not they can help you, and if so, how. INTJs know what they know, and perhaps still more importantly, they know what they don't know."

"INTJs apply (often ruthlessly) the criterion "Does it work?" to everything from their own research efforts to the prevailing social norms."

"...many also find it useful to learn to simulate some degree of surface conformism in order to mask their inherent unconventionality."

It also says "Masterminds are rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population"

neko

Am I the only INTP here? :p

Nope from all the tests I took, I always got INTP. It's quite accurate though I'm not sure about the jobs recommended by it... But yeah, I question EVERYTHING, to the point of getting on my bf's nerves sometimes. :D