People you don't like.

PisceanWisdom

Do you care about what people that you don't respect think of you? Why do you think that is?

There are some people that I don't like, but I still worry about what they're thinking. Maybe somewhere in the back of my mind, I think that they're smarter than they appear? But then, there are some other people, who I don't respect, and that's genuine enough, that i just don't worry about them at all. (Not to suggest that I'm a complete misanthrope.)

Hellhound

Super Moderator
My only worry (paranoia maybe?) is about them planning to do things to hurt me. Besides that, i don't really care about them.

agoraphobickatie

nahhh... i can't waste my time/energy/thoughts on people who i don't even like or respect. i'd rather devote my time to my own well being, and the happiness of those that i care about vice versa :)

Anomaly

I don't really have enemies. If I don't respect people, I don't expect anything from them, they're free to do the same.

limetree

Only if they're popular enough to influence others not to like me, but there are certain people I don't even want to be liked by.

plus 44

I dont like people who talk behind my back..... Sometimes Im being too kind so they try to do stuff that would make me mad. But I try to control my anger and confront them.......

Harleyq

Yes. I think it comes with my S.A. Whether I like someone or not, I care about what everyone thinks about me. Mostly because of self-esteem. I feel as though someone not liking me means I must've done something wrong, although logically, I know it isn't so, most of the time.

I don't put on a fake persona to try to get others to like me, but I find myself holding back actions/words sometimes if I worry about how it'll be perceived.

Luke1993

to answer the question yes I do i think usually it's because they are better and i envy them to the point of obsession

Felicidad

I mainly dislike people who are extremely judgemental and people who has a "huge mouth" I mean people around you who don´t know how to be discreet. This is something I can´t stand.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I used to feel this exact same way! I used to have this fear that people who hate me were going to try to hurt me or my family. There are very vindictive people out there and some people are vindictive enough to hurt others over stupid shit, but I don't think that the majority of people are like this. I honestly believe that most people have better things to do than plot and scheme to ruin someone's life.

I had the disgrace of meeting people like that, though. So i am never sure who is and who isn't like them. The doubt is always there. My paranoid head always tells me that everyone who dislikes me are planning to destroy me somehow D:

Walk

I like to think that I care less than the majority of people, but I do care quite a bit. I think most people care.

And to to be honest, I think people who claim they don't care what others think are not being honest with others and themselves. Everyone cares at some level. Most people enjoy some level of attention and affection.

We're social animals. That's why we are in such pain being loners; because we are going against our human nature.

Silvox Black

I believe that what you have is simply attributed to social pressure to not be singled out for something in public or fear of ridicule. Perhaps it has something to do with that? I understand where you are coming from, intelligent people tend to try and separate themselves from the common people...and yet even in that, they long even more for acceptance...

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I know what you mean. It's absolutely nerve wrecking to live with this fear. The problem is that when we are so busy being fearful or paranoid we are less likely to see when someone means real harm or when we are in real danger. We all have the right instincts that give us warning signals and help keep us from harm. This fear also keeps us from truly livng our lives. If you wish or get the chance, check out 'The Gift of Fear' by Gavin de Becker. It has actually helped me be less fearful of other people's retaliation. Maybe it can do the same for you.

Thanks! I shall check it out someday if i have the chance.

i try to go by the bible and love and forgive everyone..its hard for some people though..typically girls i see now that have made my life hell since the 6th grade...but they usually have accidental kids now..so im like well sucks for you...i find it hard to feel bad for them...im also very particular who i call my "friends" mostly i just have people i know..i find it VERY hard to talk to someone i dont respect..thats a big thing for me respect is...

Walk

i try to go by the bible and love and forgive everyone..its hard for some people though..typically girls i see now that have made my life hell since the 6th grade...but they usually have accidental kids now..so im like well sucks for you...i find it hard to feel bad for them...im also very particular who i call my "friends" mostly i just have people i know..i find it VERY hard to talk to someone i dont respect..thats a big thing for me respect is...

I like people who can ignore assholes and cherish the good people in their lives. Loving everyone equally never happens. I have experienced people who are ONLY disrespectful to kind people; they take advantage of their kindness.

I've found that being kind is literally overrated. You have to know when to be an asshole in life, very important. And you're not being a true a-hole anyway; you're just sticking up for yourself.

philly2bits

For the most part I ignore people I don't like or that don't like me. It's not that I don't care about people not liking me. I understand not everyone will like me. It's a fact of life. Instead of trying to make people like me, I pay more attention to people that already do and try to build it from there.

philly2bits

I think this is the wisest thing that a person could do.

It's also very practical in my opinion. i only have so much time and energy in any given day. I try to spend it on things that I consider productive. Trying to sway a person onto my side just doesn't seem worth the effort. Sometimes it's best just to cut your losses and move on.

206Raider

If I don't like or respect somebody, I'll tell em if they push me. But my step-dad, I've never liked him, because he punched my sister when we were little and was an asshole to my mom. So he ignored me pretty much my whole life while living in the same house and I did too. My mom divorced him and out of nowhere he called to see how I was and didn't asnwer he left a message, I don't want to talk to the guy ebcuase even on his message he was like "your mom, is being dumb to you and everybody else in the family and if you need to talk then call me". yeah right mother****er. Last time I really talked to him I blew up at him was like 2 years ago when he said some dumb shit to me and I called him all these names and I wanted to punch him soo bad but my little brother was there and I wouldn't do that. He still says I should apologize but I never will becuase he was wrong to say what he said and he don't feel he is wrong, soo....**** that guy