Over 35's only Does it get better?

OVER 35's ONLY!!!! 'Does it get better?'

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

nightcrawler

Im 32 years old & i dont think it gets any better, for me i feel more depressed that my 20s were swallowed up by social anxiety & i feel worse now than i did back then, at least in my 20s i had some kind of hope, i felt young enough & felt like i had options & i had friends & wasnt so lonely, now all of my old friends have gotten married & having kids settling down into there 30s, while im stuck on my own 32 years old feeling really lonely feeling worse now than i ever have, i dont mean to sound so bleak but its just how i feel, i dont think after 35 years old things will get any better

It's almost as if I had posted this! I'm older than you (41) but agree with everything you said. Like you say, as you get older most - if not all - of your friends end up marrying and having kids and that's when you start drifting apart. As I posted elsewhere, my last true friend recently had a baby and I don't expect to see him much now, if at all. It's amazing how some people can drop their "friends" as soon as they have their own family (yes, I am bitter about it!). So no it doesn't get better ::(:

Barry1979

Im 33 and mine has gotten quite a bit better. As I got older I got wiser in regards to dealing with it....still gets bad sometomes though!

miket67

Over 35s

Have your anxieties/ agoraphobia improved over the last 10 years? Do you run at the same level of anxiety now that you did when you were late teens/twenties/early 30s? Has anything improved? Do you feel you blend in more easily? Does it get better?

(I wanted to do a new version of the over 25s poll as it was so intriguing). It's an open poll so no cheating like last time thx.

I have made great improvement regarding my anxieties because of NLP self help techniques. Learning about anchoring, time line therapy, and other techniques has really made a big difference in the way I think.:D

Instead of a situation or circumstance making me nervous or anxious, I can use one of these techniques to dial up a powerful, confident state. This technique alone has dismantled many of my false beliefs and incorrect associations that resulted in phobic reaction. :cool:

My life is much fuller and richer because of NLP. I've gone to therapy with little or no results, and have gotten better results faster by taking matters into my own hands. NLP is a Godsend as far as I'm concerned.

GraybeardGhost

I say you give them infarctions. Or failing that, infractions at the very least! :D

Yes, yes. Infarctions of the myocardial kind. They won't expect it because they are so young.

I'm all for chastising these impertinent whippersnappers, but if we snuff them out at such a tender age, how will they ever learn whether or not things get better after thirty-five? On the other hand, it would mean more cake and ice cream for the rest of us. Hmm . . .

And for those teetering on the edge of the abyss . . .

Gooble gobble - YouTube

Remus

Staff member
Removed the 8 cheating votes yet again, closed the polls. So the answer is that there's more chance the SA gets better. Obviously we do not have many older members which may also be a clue.

Thread closed as I find it pointless to do a poll on a serious issue like this, when so many people want to skew the important result.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.