Opinions Please??? 2Crowded needs input

2Crowded

I think I was bit by something 3 days ago....I speculate a spider....i dont figure it was poisoness or my finger would be black now wouldnt it?...it hurts though & its swollen a bit & red as pictures wil show...I was debating wether to go to doctors or not yet...was hoping it would fix itself & my body would ward off whatever the spider put in there when he bit me..can see two little bite marks on top of my finger right behind the fingernail...so tempted to pop it with a pin to see what comes out cause its under preasure (but i know that probly wouldnt be good idea) & I have been taking Alieve to cancel the pain to this point...I think its about as bad feeling & looking as it has been since it showed up. Should I go have it looked at or should I wait a day more like i planned & see if it go's down & gets better on its own?

You know how fun it is to go to the doctor of course.

by the way I killed a spider today that looked guilty to me....but I dunno :)

IMG_1614.jpg

IMG_1613.jpg

IMG_1615-1.jpg

i been applying triple antibiotic ointment stuff too...dont know if it helps..been keeping it clean & applying bactine & such too...nothing really open on it though at this point...also been soaking it in ice water to bring swelling down from time to time

2Crowded

Spider that got dead...wether he did it or not

IMG_1586.jpg

I know hes a bit tan looking there...but I really dont think it's a Brown Recluse...of course I havent looked at a picture of one next to this one either

Last edited:

TheLoneWolf

Spider that got dead.

IMG_1586.jpg

I know hes a bit tan looking there...but I really dont think it's a Brown Recluse...of course I havent looked at a picture of one next to this one either

how attractive haha

ive had bites like that before they usually just go away. if it persists over the next couple days call a doctor. if it was poisonous and dangerous youd know by now im sure

If you haven't had any symptoms besides pain at this point you're probably fine. The swelling may be the result of a mild allergy (or whatever bit you had some big honkin' fangs :eek:).

Pppffftt, listen to me. I'm no expert. If you die I don't want to feel responsible, so if you start getting nausea or headaches or anything at all get your butt to the doctor!

If you live in the U.S. the only venomous spiders are the black widow and brown recluse. If it was the former you'd be in crippling, mind numbing pain. If it was the latter, your poor finger would be rotting off. ::p:

spy dar

Well if it was me I probably would have popped that thing with a pin long long ago, and end up with a big bloody finger. So that probably isn't the best idea. I had something similar to that, except for it was my entire finger and it was just all swollen, I don't think that popping it with anything would have done anything. I just waited it out for a few days, and it went away. You could probably do the same. It just might be a good idea to go to the doctor though. It looks pretty nasty, and the doctor might be ably to give you a special antibiotic or something to help it go away. I would say go to the doctor within a few days or tomorrow or whenever, if it doesn't appear to get any better.

2Crowded

I need to take another Alieve or two before bed here...its throbbing again :)... i wont hold any of you responsible if i die so no worries... supose its also possible that it wasent even a spider...but something that bites lol

RoidRage

A common thing I hear to do with spider bites is to cut it open and drain it. I believe it has to be done as soon as you realize you've been bitten. I would get it checked by a doctor though.

hippiechild

Well, whatever you found wasn't a brown recluse. The dead spider apparently is a pholcus phalangioides (daddy-long-legs spider)
ADW: Pholcus phalangioides: Information
if you were bitten by a brown recluse I'd imagine that you'd have been in convulsions by now. The bite is almost definitely harmless in itself. If, like Remus said, it is getting infected you would probably want to get it looked at. If it seems to be infected, get some help.

btw, brown recluse for future reference...very scary :eek:
2006-fall-nwexplorer-1-brownrecluse.jpg

see the "violin" on its head?

Sacrament

Any spider is scary, really.

I don't like spiders.

I wish I could get a restraining order against all spiders.

I would have it looked at soon. If there's an infection, it would be better to have it treated sooner rather than later.
Personal story- my ex-husband was bitten by something once (probably some type of spider) on his arm- and he waited forever to have it checked out. He had red lines trailing from the bite moving up his arm, and he went to the emergency room just in time, because if he had waited any longer, it would have gotten to his lymph node, and given him sepsis (blood poisoning). I don't think you have to worry about this particular problem, but the point is, don't wait. Get it treated.

2Crowded

Thank you everyone...i have appointment at docs 45 minutes from now...yikes...but I can do it...will be tough but here I go..will explain what I get told later on.

recluse

Well, whatever you found wasn't a brown recluse. The dead spider apparently is a pholcus phalangioides (daddy-long-legs spider)
ADW: Pholcus phalangioides: Information
if you were bitten by a brown recluse I'd imagine that you'd have been in convulsions by now. The bite is almost definitely harmless in itself. If, like Remus said, it is getting infected you would probably want to get it looked at. If it seems to be infected, get some help.

btw, brown recluse for future reference...very scary :eek:
2006-fall-nwexplorer-1-brownrecluse.jpg

see the "violin" on its head?

Who are you calling a brown recluse? :D

If i was you 2 crowded i'd get it seen by a dr.

2Crowded

Back from doctor visit... it wasent a spider bite....it was a "Paronychia" ...a bacteria infection that evidently happend because of a hangnail I must have pulled....bacteria got in there & then it became infected & filled up with stuff that had nowhere to go cause it had no way out...they chilled my finger then stuck a needle in to make a hole..then she sqweezed on it until all the puss came out..hurt like a #^&%*...... pus was green...they perscribed me an antibiotic that i have to take 3 times a day for next 10 days. I also have to soak it in warm water once a day & if it fills up with anymore pus Im supposed to somehow sqwish it out of there again?....dont ask me how :(....no pain deadning stuff will be murder..... I had all I could do to not scream when it was in a numbed state... she said that probly shouldnt be alot more build up but funny thing is it looks like some did already...i aint messing with it anymore today though its sore enough. A nurse wanted to watch the procedure as well...guess she hadent seen one done before... then doc said to her "Isent he the cutest thing?" lol oh god....embarassing..she nodded & said ya with cheesy smile...i think if my finger hadent been feeling like it had gotten run over by a truck I would have gone red.

Last edited:

mrb

hmm maybe you killed its uncle , so when your asleep its going to bite you again somewere much more painfull lol so id wear a nappy if i was you , and do it up tight now 100 safety pins at least lol