Och aye the noo

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
FUR FUC... !! F*ckin' Hell's teeth ! :kickingmyself: Cannae come up with a song title that would match the tone of this piano instrumental.
Nay idea what I'm gonnae change my display name to on my SoundCloud account. :thinking:
And to top it off... I don't whether I should mix n' master the tracks individually? :question: :idontknow:

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
FUR FUC... !! F*ckin' Hell's teeth ! :kickingmyself: Cannae come up with a song title that would match the tone of this piano instrumental.
Nay idea what I'm gonnae change my display name to on my SoundCloud account. :thinking:
And to top it off... I don't whether I should mix n' master the tracks individually? :question:

What is the tone? I'm sure your social phobia pals could give you some ideas.

I'd think of the sound cloud name like I was naming a band.

I can't help you on that third one. :D

Graeme1988

What is the tone? I'm sure your social phobia pals could give you some ideas.

I’d definitely say the track leans more toward ambient electronic in tone. Kinda Philip Glass meet Tangerine Dream, if I had to make a comparison. The piano melody is kinda odd, in that preset I used on the track made the notes I’m playing with the right hand fluctuate in pitch. But it’s very minimal, the chord progression pretty stay the same throughout the whole 3 minutes.

And the there’s a glitch drumbeat that was plays almost as a backing, but like the piano melody fluctuates between a bass/snare pattern to subtle white noise.

My oldest sister said the melody had hypnotic feel to it when I was initially piecing the song together.

I used a preset patch from this synth VST program on the track​
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxS6No6AP9o

I'd think of the sound cloud name like I was naming a band.

Yeah, that’s the approach I’m taking with the display name; but I’m just very much drawing a blank at the moment. :thinking: :idontknow:

I can't help you on that third one. :D

Oh, I’ve opted for doing the mix and mastering on the tracks separately. :bigsmile: As the recording software I use only always for tracks to be mastering together if you plan on putting them on a disc or release them to SoundCloud as digital release of either an album or EP.

Plus, I’m still not back in my room, so I’m having to do mixing via headphones plugged into my audio interface. And I’ve got a pair stereo monitor speakers, if I was using them, I’d have better idea of how my mixes of the tracks actually sound.

Last edited:

Graeme1988

Thankfully, though, I’m using this programs when doing a mix...

EZMix2-large.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0gRbLv3SuQ

And I use this program for making drum tracks, if I’m not using royalty free samples. Which is what I started out using initially.

toontrack_ezdrummer_2_1_2.jpg

Graeme1988

Call your soundcloud SongConnery♂.

:eek: That’s actually better than some, if not all, the band names I currently have write in an Excel spreadsheet. Definitely stands out for sure!
Seriously, Fountain, that is an absolute belter of a name. :applause: :thumbup:

And is certainly up there with Biffy Clyro, Mogwai, Idlewild and most of Scottish band names. Having said that, I’m so glad that ah didnae just take a drink of my Pepsi as I read that name. Cuz that genuinely made me laugh out loud. :bigsmile:

Graeme1988

Call your soundcloud SongConnery♂.

:D

Aye, that name’ll do fine. Kinda leans itself to not being pigeonholed to a specific genre. Well, not unless I go that route.
Just need to get my month SoundCloud account upgraded so I have unlimited upload time, then I’ll see about get some songs uploaded. Don’t worry, I’m planning a new thread on here for it. I’m thinking about calling of calling it “Shite Noise”? :giggle:
Obviously, ah’ll censor the more profane language. Or would that be too risky a title? :thinking:
Even though it’s what my older sister dubbed my taste in music to be during my teenage years. :bigsmile:

Graeme1988

Musically speaking, ah do wish wus a better guitarist than I actually am. Dinnae git me wrong, I’m pretty decent. In fact, probably better now compared to how ah wus 16 years ago. That’s no me just bragging, as I’ve heard a different in guitar playing that wasn’t really there when I was 14, 15. I just wish I’d got taught how to play or make up guitar solos when ah wus still taking lessons, aged 14. As that’s the only thing on the guitar that I don’t really do well... but it was also my lack of progress in that area made me quit the guitar from 15 until around the time I turned 18.

Not that I hated being self-taught since giving up lessons completely; I’d have just preferred being taught by a tutor, either in a group or one on one setting. Cuz, for me, it’s better that way than it is watching tutorial DVDs or YouTube videos; as great a resource as those are. I guess I just prefer being taught by another person; as they can telling if you’re not playing something right, and show you how to correct it, so you get it right next time you practice.

F0AM

Aye, that name’ll do fine. Kinda leans itself to not being pigeonholed to a specific genre. Well, not unless I go that route.
Just need to get my month SoundCloud account upgraded so I have unlimited upload time, then I’ll see about get some songs uploaded. Don’t worry, I’m planning a new thread on here for it. I’m thinking about calling of calling it “Shite Noise”? :giggle:
Obviously, ah’ll censor the more profane language. Or would that be too risky a title? :thinking:
Even though it’s what my older sister dubbed my taste in music to be during my teenage years. :bigsmile:

Don't use profane words on the title, you'll be moved to the adult section. I speak from experience.

Graeme1988

Don't use profane words on the title, you'll be moved to the adult section. I speak from experience.

Oh, ah know that maself; speaking from experience. This thread’s original title had an expletive in it before I asked for that to changed and the thread moved outta the adult section. :bigsmile:

So yer saying me ”bleeping” out the first word o’ the title would be a bad idea as well? :question: Just asking. I’m not arguing over, it just that expletive title wus the only Scottish sounding title I could think of. Well, at least yin that most non-Scots would get.. :giggle:

But ah mean I’m open to other alternate suggestions for my music thread title, especially if you or anyone else on here has any?

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
That’s actually better than some, if not all, the band names I currently have write in an Excel spreadsheet. Definitely stands out for sure!
Seriously, Fountain, that is an absolute belter of a name.

And is certainly up there with Biffy Clyro, Mogwai, Idlewild and most of Scottish band names. Having said that, I’m so glad that ah didnae just take a drink of my Pepsi as I read that name. Cuz that genuinely made me laugh out loud.

Just need to get my month SoundCloud account upgraded so I have unlimited upload time, then I’ll see about get some songs uploaded. Don’t worry, I’m planning a new thread on here for it. I’m thinking about calling of calling it “Shite Noise”?

Ha ha!

That's great, Graeme.

I'm glad I could help, I look forward to hearing your stuff. :D

connery.jpg

Graeme1988

Why are song titles so difficult to come up with...? :thinking: :idontknow: Or am I just overthinking the process? Probably, right? :question: Need a new thread title as well. Since ah dinnae ken if ah feel like risking use o’ tha mair profane language, even though ah would censor the swear word in question. Also, I don’t know what picture to use as my avatar on SoundCloud? As ah don’t fancy using my ugly mug as the profile pic.

Aside fae that, this bloody heat is getting to be unbearable. As much as ah like when it’s a nice day ootside. Sure would be nice to not feel so exhausted and tired.

Last edited:

Graeme1988

Ah wish ah wus happier, smarter and better looking. :sad: But then I tend to think like that a lot. Wish my family wasn't so toxic, wish ah could put myself first and not feel guilty for doing so. Crappy upbringing I guess... gotta blame summit for my misfortunes in life, eh? :idontknow: Emotional blackmail leaves quite an imprint on the psyche when yer subjected to it every time ye open yer mouth to speak.

Ah didnae exactly plan for my life to be like this. Supposed the sad part is how I just sorta accept the cards ah'd been dealt, so to speak. Got used to be ignored, mistreated, shamed and scorn by the same folk who'd tell me they loved me. Well, except my older sister; I doubt she's even capable of saying those 3 words and genuinely meaning them.

Sorry for being such a downer. Just writing this as another argument between mother and daughter occurs downstairs. :sad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rjRYSfCJvM

Graeme1988

My family life in a nutshell

Can’t even go one day without an argument. Nowt’s ever good enuff !
Somebuddy’s always throwing a tantrum over summit. :eek:h: :thumbdown:

Personally, noo, ah dinnae see tha point in f*ckin’ attempt owt close to actual human interaction, y’know? Like actually saying words, stringing sentences together n’ actually conversing wae them. There’s nay point... But somehow am the c*nt? :eek:mg: Cuz how dare I be angry and upset that my family incapable of behaving like a normal family.

Oh, and speaking of dreaded “c-word”! I indirectly called my mother that very the day; after she complained to me, yet again, about how the middle child treats her. And in response, I said the following:
”Well, she always been a c*nt, to be honest. Ah mean, she takes after her mother...” :eek:

But we all had those moment where words come oot oot mooth afore we huv the chance to catch them.

Graeme1988

I'm an artist, what are your thoughts?

Well, ah could get sued tae f*ck for this; but I'll risk it... :bigsmile:

Anyway, I'm thinking something similar to this Simpsons inspired metalcore band​
Okilly Dokilly

Except, have the band made of 4 or 5 variations of Sean Connery in the guise of characters he's played in throughout his movie career? :question: :giggle:

Graeme1988

Should I change my avatar for my SoundCloud account until I can come up with summit more permanent? :thinking:
As ah don't feel at ease using a photo my ugly mug. :bigsmile:

And I'm kinda split 50/50 on changing the song title I used for that instrumental I recently discussed here in another thread. As just used the preset I used for the track as instrumental's name :idontknow:

Last edited:

Graeme1988

Should f*ckin' ticked "Fleeing domestic abuse" on that f*ckin' housing application. :kickingmyself: :thumbdown:

Ah cannae be daein with this, like. Ah just cannae... I've barely gotten a day's peace in the last nearly 14 months. I'm tired everyday. I'm lethargic; don't see the point of getting outta bed in the morning.

Also, it's not much fun having to sit and listen to a family member burden you with their "problem". But when you try and tell them how things have been for you... Yer automatically dismissed, told you're being over-drama. When you're merely repeating many of the points you just sat and listen to minutes before. :idontknow: Then to be told, you putting your needs first makes you selfish and uncaring? :eek:h: