Och aye the noo

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
That be the tricky part - not "blaming" her (or judging her to be wrong) when she's responsible.

They're aw like that, though. My mum n' sisters. Never fully taking responsibility when they're ones being difficult. :sad: But then my mother been blaming men for all her problems since I was 12 years old, and ma sister just followed suit. And they'll no change noo. I mean ah've gave them plenty o' chance to do so. :idontknow:

Personally, I'd be better disowning them. They're mair hassle than they're worth.

Last edited:

Graeme1988

My mum just came upstair to my room, handed me my tea of sausage, harsh browns and beans. And as I take the plate from her, she leans in and whispers in my ear:
"Cannae wait this is o'er wae!"

Now if that doesnae speak volume as to how difficult my older sister is to get along with, I don't know what does.

Last edited:

Graeme1988

A slight change o' pace the day, musically for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9ARnRtC-2k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-I2s5zRbHg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMO5Ko_77Hk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojLgN7wqc5A

Might like a weird choice. But it kinda reflect ma mood at the moment. :sad: Which isnae great. And, Sigur Rós? Well, ah need to calm masel' doon somehow.

Whereas yesterday it was mostly the same as the previous days, ie. Metal of one variation or another.

Dinnae git me wrang, I'm still pissed off n' contemplating takin' ma ain life at some point within the next year. Since I'm done having to putting up with my family's constantly shouting n' arguing. :kickingmyself: I've got mair tolerance fur alcohol than ah dae ma ain clan it this point. F*ck 'em! :thumbdown:

Anyway, whit would you advise, slowesthand? I'm thinkin' ah should just move oot n' live oan ma ain, after ah turn 30? Whether my mother approve or not. Cuz ah cannae just continue tae put up with the constant tense family atmosphere anymore. Plus I've had to endure it for the past 20 or so years now.

I think movin out might be your own real solution, as it's clear as day that nothing can be done about the dysfunction of yer family. The only solution therefore is escape/avoidance. You need a complete break from it all. And i would advise you to move out before you're pushed to yer limit of endurance, as then it might be too late?. So i agree wit yer plan 100%. :thumbup:

Graeme1988

I think movin out might be your own real solution, as it's clear as day that nothing can be done about the dysfunction of yer family. The only solution therefore is escape/avoidance. You need a complete break from it all. And i would advise you to move out before you're pushed to yer limit of endurance, as then it might be too late?. So i agree wit yer plan 100%. :thumbup:

Well, sadly, I've been pushed beyond ma limit o'endurance. :sad: But naebuddy seems tae see that. Despite it being obvious. :crying: Every time I tried to open up n' talk ah wus telt tae shut up.

Even ma oldest sister didnae take ma side, yesterday, when we discussed what happened a few days ago. With me being awakened by the middle child raging n' shoutin' her heid off n' comin' doon n' trying to calm the situation. Then she - the eldest sibling - hud the nerve tae say: "It's your hoose anaw". And nearly went: "Well, it's ma hoose, how come ah feel mair like a lodger than f*ckin' co-owner?" But ah didnae, cuz Friday oot in Edinburgh - wthereas to see a comedy gig - and me breakin' doon in tears would've just spoiled it. I've been the scapegoat for everyone else's problems, since as long ah cun remember.

But, once the middle child n' her bairns (kids) huv f*cked off, I'm gonnae sit mother n' the eldest sibling doon n' unleash a f*ckin' tsunami o' verbal rage about what the 3 of them huv been like, from my perspective, growing up. Cuz, now I've got a 3rd example of how they're are aw tha f*ckin' same. As well as put the wheels in motion for me living on my own. Since, once I'm out, I'm cutting all contact wae them, like ah did ma dad*.

And, tae think, there wus a time when ah believed he wus the most domineering c*nt in ma life. But, it turns oot, it wus tha wimmin in ma life aw along. Ah mean, my dad hud his faults, hud this intimidating aura aboot 'em. But, at least, he wus an honest man. Told ye what he thought, and ye didnae dare argue, contradict, or tell him he's talkin' shite. Unlike the people I was raised around.

No-need-for-revenge.-Just-sit-back-and-wait.-Those-who-hurt-you-will-eventually-screw-up-themselves-and-if-youre-lucky-God-will-let-you-watch..jpg

Last edited:
Well, sadly, I've been pushed beyond ma limit o'endurance. :sad: But naebuddy seems tae see that. Despite it being obvious. :crying: Every time I tried to open up n' talk ah wus telt tae shut up

I was suspecting you were at your limit, or very close to. I'm surprised they don't see it themselves - perhaps they're so used to you being how you are that they don't notice?

It does seem very "intense" for you, living with them. Too intense really. It's "time" to move on i would say.

Graeme1988

I was suspecting you were at your limit, or very close to. I'm surprised they don't see it themselves - perhaps they're so used to you being how you are that they don't notice?

Aye. Well, they're not used to me tell 'em tae shut tha f*ck up. But do it tae me, quite frequently. Cuz ah just tend be indifferent. Since raising my voice is "very outta character". Given that I'm the "quiet, sensible" one in the family.

But the other day ah very near lost it, myself. Plus, it the only time my mum has ever agree with me in front of the other two, when ah telt the thirty-something middle child that shouting doesnae help in an argument. Oh, she didnae like that. But then I'm raging to the point where - had my temper prevailed in this situation - ah wus gonnae march down the remaining few stairs, as I wus halfway doon them. Shout: "Right you - f*ckin' c'mere!" and put my older sister in a headlock - but just enough to restrain her, mind you. But, given the size of my arms, she'd probably end up choking herself out if she struggled too much? Then I'd proceed to explain the proper way to resolve an argument. And ah know, the irony of how extreme that would be isn't lost on me. But it'd probably be darkly humourous in retrospect.

Or, next time she kicks off with either oor mum or the eldest sibling, they cun just go: "Right, calm doon! Or else Graeme's gonnae come doon them stairs n' he'll deal wae ya". Use me as a sorta deterrent. :giggle:

It does seem very "intense" for you, living with them. Too intense really. It's "time" to move on i would say.

Yer no wrang there. :thumbup: Ah kinda knew 2017 would be a shite year for me compared to last year. Things got off to a bad start.:kickingmyself:

Last edited:

Graeme1988

Don't know if anyone here is fae a very dysfunctional family, but is it "normal" to be frightened o' yer ain family?
Because I'm scared shitless o' mine. :crying: Some man I am, huh? :sad:

Graeme1988

Great! :kickingmyself: Could be 6 mair f*ckin' months o' ma older sister screamin' her heid off n' arguing. And her bairns greetin'.

Mum's just telt me she cannae take much mair o' it. Sound pretty pissed off, so I'm guessin' she's no f*ckin' aboot when she said that's at her breakin' point.

Ah suggested suicide, but only as a last resort. Cuz, well, when yer deid, folk suddenly started tae appreciate ya more than when ye were alive. But... that's merely an observation.

So ah cannae move oot til Little Miss Psycho-Fanny takes her weans n' git a hoose o' her ain. Though, the way she's been fleein' off the handle makes me wonder if she wus wise tae huv kids? Cuz ah see a lotta oor mother in her when she losing her temper. :eek:

But I'm keepin' outta it, the noo. When she finally packs up n' goes, then I'll speak ma mind n' tell her how ah really feel about the middle child. Since she seems tae hate being telt whit she doesnae want tae hear. And ah tend to say whit ah think and couldnae be f*ck about the consequences.

Ah know, honesty gits ye naewhere nowadays, but f*ck it...

And I've telt mum that if she needs a hand with owt, just tae ask me. Since ah dinnae actually mind helpin' oot aroon tha hoose, as ah should. Am payin' a greater percentage o' tha feckin' rent. :thumbdown:

Graeme1988

Really worried aboot ma mum's health lately. She's no hud a days rest since the older sister - the middle child - moved back in along with her bairns. And ma sister hus tha f*ckin' nerve tae say oor mother has done f*ck all for her. Urgh! :kickingmyself:

And, she - the ungrateful yin - wus offered a house, that's just a few yards from the house. And we - me, my mum n' oldest sister - were like: "YAASSS!!"
dance.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

Then ma older sister said she might no take house being offered to her. :idontknow: And mum no aw too happy aboot that. She telt me that she would, cuz she probably gonnae off hersel' if things keep gan the way they're going. :sad: Though, ah said ah dinnae blame her.
Oh, and that if she wanted tae move oot, I'd happily go with her.

Graeme1988

My mother in the same mood as me, and I don't what to say to make her feel better. All I can say is: "Ah know...", in a whispered tone, every time she lets out a sigh or says: "Am knackered. Wish this wus o'er and it wus just us in the hoose"

Which makes me kinda guilty aboot wishing that ah hud ma own house. At least, then a bunch of irritating wimmin wouldnae be nagging me and making me feel like shit on a daily basis. And they - my family - wouldn't be able get away with the manipulative, petty, immature, egotistical pish about "Muh feelings" Which isn't a valid argument, btw.

But hey, I've never fully understood wimmin, despite being around 'em for 30 years. They need me, apparently... Do they f*ck! If they did, they'd treat me with more respect n' consideration than they do - collectively speaking. :thumbdown:

Having said aw that - and once things are back to how they were for my mother and I - I am gonnae have another talk with her about moving out. As I think she'll finally understand why I want to do that.

Graeme1988

Ah feel stuck in f*ckin' solitary confinement here. :sad: But then... It's better than dodgin' the aggro o' ma older sister:
"Why?! Whit ye daein that fur?! Whit d'ye mean?! F*ck off!" :kickingmyself:​

Speakin' of which, she might be still staying with mum n' I until November. Great, innit? :eek:mg:

Graeme1988

Thank f*ck I'm still single and childless. :perfect:

Just overheard my older sister angrily tell her disobedient almost 3 year-old daughter, who has the phrase: "No, Mummy!" down to with shocking accuracy that ah cannae wait til the teen years. Her mum's response was to yelling the following:
"Och! Sod off, then! F*ckin' hud enough o' ye! Fur f*ck sake!!" :eek:

And sorry if this is whole inappropriate, but, I'm still laughing about it. :lol:

I seriously needed that after the crappy month this has been for me.

Last edited:

Hot_Tamale

Thank f*ck I'm still single and childless. :perfect:

Just overheard my older sister angrily tell her disobedient almost 3 year-old daughter, who has the phrase: "No, Mummy!" down to with shocking accuracy that ah cannae wait til the teen years. Her mum's response was to yelling the following:
"Och! Sod off, then! F*ckin' hud enough o' ye! Fur f*ck sake!!" :eek:

And sorry if this is whole inappropriate, but, I'm still laughing about it. :lol:

I seriously needed that after the crappy month this has been for me.
LOL that is funny. Sod off? The sayings from Scottish mothers are so different from American mothers. Haha.

Graeme1988

LOL that is funny. Sod off? The sayings from Scottish mothers are so different from American mothers. Haha.

Oh, sod off is more of a UK-wide expression, it's not just exclusive to Scotland.
It's just the alternative expression to the one that normally has the word, "f*ck", at the start of it. :bigsmile:

Last edited:

Graeme1988

Oh, I forgot to mention very funny moment from that incident I overheard.

Well, since my older sister is shouting, my mother starts shouting as well, tell her granddaughter off for "...upsetting mummy". In the middle of this my older sister storms off, my mum hears a door slam, and start shouting on my older sister. Silence! Shouts again. Now, she really worried, kinda across between worried she stormed off and left the house, and that panic ye get when yer child wonders off in a shopping centre. Anyway, turns out, my older sister was just in the kitchen. :bigsmile:

And my older sister's eldest daughter, she recently had another a few months ago, has the word "No" down with feminist-level accuracy that I dread to imagine what she'll be like when adolenscence hits. I'm mean, the wee yin already bossy the now, and she's almost 3 years old. :eek:

Oh, and I got a slight telling off from my mum for hesisting to answer her when she asked me

"Whit ye laugh it? A joke, is it?"
"Eh, no... I'm no laughin' it anything"
"Aye, ye are? Whit so funny?"
"Awww, just that wee parental meltdown ah overheard early. You gittin' aw frantic n' that"

It didnae help that ah wus desperately trying to contain my laughter, as I answer my mum's question. She jokingly called me an "arsehole". But is glad that the whole incident made me laugh. Apparently I've not to tell the eldest sibling, as last time I told her a story of me witnessing an family incident that as it was happening wasn't funny, I genuinely reduced my eldest sister to tears of laughter.

Graeme1988

Tha f*ckin' bitch! :thumbdown:

My oldest sister's playing the victim now. The c*nt!

Apparently she's been "carrying us" through this messy divorce between the middle child and her husband. Or so my mum tells me... and she rarely lies to me. As we've got a mutual respect for each other. In that I don't lie to her, and she doesnae lie to me.

Anyway, getting tae tha point o' why ah take issue with my eldest sibling's victimhood claim. Here, ah spell it fur yous:

SHE'S NO THE YIN WHO'S HUD TAE F*CKIN' PUT UP WITH 3 GREETING WEANS FUR THE LAST MONTH!! SPARE A THOUGH FOR OUR POOR MUM WHO HAS TO DO THAT AND RUN AFTER THEM ANAW!

And, yes, I did just refer to my older sister - the middle one - as a child. Cuz that's how she's been acting since she moved back in with mum and I. But, naw, tha f*ckin' eldest sibling who need a week-long holiday... Tae f*ckin' Scarborough!! :kickingmyself:

Oh, but it gits way worse! She sends me an email - a few hours ago - telling aboot her wee holiday. Cuz she forgot to inform me. Anyway, her opening line...

Ma heids up ma arse the now,you know how it is !
And I just stopped masel' from replying with: Aye, well, you've always been like that. Quite shocked you hud'nae noticed by now

And, coming fae me that's not what she would've wanted to hear. Since I don't tend to mince words if I get angry or lied about. Or I hear or see a person treating some else like crap and berating them. Sorry, but as someone who knows, first-hand, the impact bullying can have on a person, I won't stand for that.

Last edited: