New Years Plans?

Rembrandt Broam

I think I'm probably a bit odd in that I really do prefer being alone on New Year. If I'm going to do anything at all as the clock ticks past midnight, I'll be contemplating the past year and considering the year to come rather than gulping down copious amounts of alcohol. :)

Johno

I hate new years eve too. Far too much pressure to go out and pretend you are having a good time. I always feel obliged to go out on New Years....... Even if I have no plans, I will go out by myself and drink.... However, (on the positive) a new year may bring new opportunities and the problems that go with that. HA HA.....

Kathryn.fr

New years is the only day in the year that I look forward to, not to be all debbie downer or something. But to me it's like a way to do things better than the last year. By this coming new year I'll be a bit more stable and not living off people anymore, go to school, be able to pay my own way again.

sullyS25

New years is the only day in the year that I look forward to, not to be all debbie downer or something. But to me it's like a way to do things better than the last year. By this coming new year I'll be a bit more stable and not living off people anymore, go to school, be able to pay my own way again.

That makes sense, the logic. But might I challenge you and say you can change your mindset at any point in time, any moment, any day or any month... I know that was like beating a dead horse but seriously, you can always change that mindset and don't need a new years day to do it.

sullyS25

it works for me. my mindset is changed already, by that time all that will happen.

Well if it works for you that is all that matters and I am happy...I just took what you said as you only look forward to one day out of the year....and that seems a bit depressing to me

PhantomPod

I'll just be at home on the computer or watching TV shows and movies on Netflix. The same as any other night.

I'll be spending it on the computer as always, listening to music with the earphones as well, to block out the sounds of the neighbors having their New Years parties.:rolleyes:

Silatuyok

In my old neighborhood, everyone celebrated New Year's by firing their guns into the air. This year, I'm looking forward to not being in that neighborhood. :)

Phoenixx

I never usually do anything on New Year's. Never really got into the holiday, nor do I care about the partying.

I'll more than likely just be on here that night, browsing the forum, exploring the depths of Tumblr, and probably playing The Sims.

razzle dazzle rose

New Years is one of those holidays that gets me so down. More than any other holiday I think. I never usually have any plans...but this year I am making sure that is not the case. I will be seeing my man (yay!) We don't have plans yet but I think we will go out to dinner then go home and watch a movie or two. I like the idea of going to a party and wearing the crazy hats...but we are not very social people so that won't happen, and clubs are not really my thing, so yeah. I will start the new year in a new city, with my boyfriend. It will be an exciting start (yet, inside I am really, really scared! I like my comfort zone. I just don't want the new year to be like the last. No way!)

MikeyC

New Years is one of those holidays that gets me so down. More than any other holiday I think. I never usually have any plans...but this year I am making sure that is not the case. I will be seeing my man (yay!) We don't have plans yet but I think we will go out to dinner then go home and watch a movie or two. I like the idea of going to a party and wearing the crazy hats...but we are not very social people so that won't happen, and clubs are not really my thing, so yeah. I will start the new year in a new city, with my boyfriend. It will be an exciting start (yet, inside I am really, really scared! I like my comfort zone. I just don't want the new year to be like the last. No way!)
Even doing nothing in the new year, but being in a different city, is good enough! And you'll be seeing your boyfriend...how good is that! You will have lots of fun! :D

IcedEarth25

Was invited to go to various friend's house, but i chose to stay at home with the family, not cause i don't want to but christmas showed me the true meaning of how important spending time with you family is :)