New Years Plans?

sullyS25

So New Years really isn't that big of a deal for me like it used to be because I don't drink and I only enjoyed it because it was an excuse to drink BUT I wanted to share what I have in store for me and I would love to hear anyone else's plans or worries....I have a few myself.

I moved to Spain 3 months ago and didn't think I would be doing much anyways as I didn't think I would know anyone but randomly a friend of mine who happens to be a chick decided to visit a city in Spain that is 30 minutes from where I live (Small world!). Of course I am going to meet up with her but this is the type of girl that would want to go to a Discoteca to dance and I am not a big dancer....at all....I am just afraid that I will be uncomfortable and that feeling will cause me to want to drink....Which I personally cannot do....

That being said I know I am worrying about the future when I should be living in the present moment because when I am intensely in the present, not worrying about the future or regretting the past, I am at peace and feel like I have no problems.....I have found so much strength through that and meditation which just takes it to another level...Sometimes it is so hard not to worry though and since I moved out here I have noticed that worry creep up on me little by little....

Anyone else worried about the New Year?

Silatuyok

Worried? Heck no, there's no way I'm going anywhere away from home after 9pm on New Years Eve! I will probably be snuggled up in bed with a movie at midnight. :)

sullyS25

Haha ya I feel the same way and would usually have the same plans....to stay at home....but this girl is coming thousands of miles, i haven't seen her in almost 4 months and I really need to start going outside my comfort zone...

Aletheia

we drank Dom Perignon all evening which was admittedly pretty cool

I don't have any.

God I hate New Year. I've had like three decent ones ever:

me.jpg

Invisibleman

I hate new years,everybody has plans and its honestly the time I feel the most isolated and alone. Especially when I watch new years in times square,all those hot people living it up and loving life.

My "Friends" invited me to their new years party but I was talking to them and they talked about the damn party with no mention of me coming. Seriously it was one of those awkward times where im trying to hint that I want to come without blatantly asking like a loser but they dont get it. Me:yeah im going to be soooo lonely on new years.Them: Oh that sucks. Me:Id love to be out having fun on that night. Them: Yeah I bet it would suck being alone on new years. And then they said nothing more about it. Some friends.

sullyS25

I hate new years,everybody has plans and its honestly the time I feel the most isolated and alone. Especially when I watch new years in times square,all those hot people living it up and loving life.

My "Friends" invited me to their new years party but I was talking to them and they talked about the damn party with no mention of me coming. Seriously it was one of those awkward times where im trying to hint that I want to come without blatantly asking like a loser but they dont get it. Me:yeah im going to be soooo lonely on new years.Them: Oh that sucks. Me:Id love to be out having fun on that night. Them: Yeah I bet it would suck being alone on new years. And then they said nothing more about it. Some friends.

I am sorry to hear that man and I know what you mean.....Just ask though....seriously it doesn't make you a loser they are probably just dense....It will be worth it if New Years really makes you feel isolated....That few minutes of being uncomfortable will be worth it and I'm sure they will say it is cool if you go....I've experienced the same thing and waited until the last minute to ask when it was too late...seriously just ask if you can join them

Invisibleman

I am sorry to hear that man and I know what you mean.....Just ask though....seriously it doesn't make you a loser they are probably just dense....It will be worth it if New Years really makes you feel isolated....That few minutes of being uncomfortable will be worth it and I'm sure they will say it is cool if you go....I've experienced the same thing and waited until the last minute to ask when it was too late...seriously just ask if you can join them

Well its already too late. None of them use facebook and none of them have cell phones. Im fu**in annoyed.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Worried? Nay! I'm not really one for going out and getting drunk just for the sake of it. Though, I do like the occassional drink now and then.

My only hope is that 2012 will be better than the utterly crap 2011 I've had. Aside from that on New Year's Eve my cousin's coming to visit with my mother and I for a few days. And I'm looking forward to that, since I've not seen her for a few weeks. So, it'll just be the three of us.

KiaKaha

Banned
I dont really like new years...it brings me down and makes me feel a bit lonely. I havent really done much for new years for the last few years becaue I dont really have a group of people to hang out with... so I will be just at home.... probably reading a book.

I have a party popper which I am going to pull as soon as it hits midnight...

you know...to celebrate.. ahem..

Last 2years I was out of the country. I felt bad at the time for being "alone" feeling appart of everything. Now I'm here. And I still feel the same. The places, the time changes....but the feeling that keeps always the same!

sullyS25

I dont really like new years...it brings me down and makes me feel a bit lonely. I havent really done much for new years for the last few years becaue I dont really have a group of people to hang out with... so I will be just at home.... probably reading a book.

I have a party popper which I am going to pull as soon as it hits midnight...

you know...to celebrate.. ahem..

I don't think it should bring you down but I understand why it does....It seems like society puts such pressure on us to do something then that if we don't we are viewed as outcasts.....I really just view it as another day, just like my birthday and Christmas.....I spent Christmas Eve and all of today by myself and was fine....I am not very religious and I just accepted the way things are, me being alone and enjoyed my time by myself

Although I've some plans...There are coming some friends of mine joining for dinner. We will make it at my house and from then on we probably do some board games, bingo....someone is bringing music...or some karaoke game! Never spent NYD in spain, altough i live not so far...u could enjoy to make something tradinional

MikeyC

On NYE 2009 I spent it in Sydney.
On NYE 2010 I spent it on the Gold Coast.
On NYE 2011 I will spend it in Melbourne!

The one on the Gold Coast wasn't that great, to be honest. My mate has some kind of meltdown and ruined the experience for me. This year I want that not to happen again, and I'll be pushing for a nightclub or something in the heart of Melbourne. I'm looking forward to it, actually. Should be good. :)

Sorry to hear some people here dislike New Years. If I could I'd hang out with all of you.

sullyS25

Although I've some plans...There are coming some friends of mine joining for dinner. We will make it at my house and from then on we probably do some board games, bingo....someone is bringing music...or some karaoke game! Never spent NYD in spain, altough i live not so far...u could enjoy to make something tradinional

Ahhh you live in Porto no? I am in Vigo just up the road....I plan on hanging out with my friend that is coming out....but the thought of going to a discoteca doesn't seem to appealing as I don't drink and don't dance....I was just in Porto, well the airport at least...I realized I really like how Portuguese sounds and I want to learn some...It is similar looking to spanish and very similar to Galician so I think I would enjoy learning it....

Ahhh you live in Porto no? I am in Vigo just up the road....I plan on hanging out with my friend that is coming out....but the thought of going to a discoteca doesn't seem to appealing as I don't drink and don't dance....I was just in Porto, well the airport at least...I realized I really like how Portuguese sounds and I want to learn some...It is similar looking to spanish and very similar to Galician so I think I would enjoy learning it....

Vigo...for so long I don't go there, I used to visit a lot when I was younger. As a very night active life...lots of discos and students from erasmus...I imagine it can be very stressfull if u dont like a lot to party. Altough u ve some very nice places to visit nearby in summer...sanxenxo in spain...or Vila nova de cerveira in Portugal...Sometime ago I tried to start learning spanish, but as I know already some italian it becomes hard learning the 3...Portughese, Italian and Spanish...cause they are very similar, U will learn it fast, no doubt! : )

da_illest101

no plans, but like every year i'll will be doing the same thing I would be doing on any other normal day, computer or video games

nikkixo

I never really do anything on New Years. This year I'm more than likely just going to hang out with my best friend or my mom lol and do nothing.

Lilly

A movie, video games, comfort food... What I hate the most about new years eve is the noise of firecrackers and firework. I would make it illegal in a heart beat.

recluse

It's one of the most depressing nights of the year for me. Having no friends and social anxiety on new years does not work.