NEVER HAD A GIRLFRIEND/BOYFRIEND

You are a.....

• Total voters

Kien

See it as natural, nothing strange. Some individs are not desired bye the opposite gender. ;)

faithnomore

Banned
It always bothers me. I cant stop thinking about women, its such an urge. Maybe i'm too desperate, and i know i dont get out much at all....But come on! (there has to be a nice woman out there for me!) :(

w*n*c*a*m

Wow! this is weird.... they say it's more difficult for guys to get in a relationship?...

And here I am, a girl who wished that she should have become a male when she was born. ( I'm not a lesbian, by the way)

It's bec. guys have more freedom to choose their ideal girl

And generally, there are more guys than gals... so there is a higher chance of a guy to get a gf than a girl to get a bf.

And I don't think having an SA would be a problem for a guy. Bec. some girls prefer quiet and mysterious type of guys. I've known a lot of guys with SA but they have a gf. I don't know how they did it, but you see, it was never a problem for them.
Unlike for girls, if they're not flirty enough, it will be a rare chance of getting a male to take interest at them.

Anyway, that's what I observe. Maybe it's on a cultural basis.

w*n*c*a*m

I mean, c'mon guys! some of you who kept whining about not having a gf are actually attractive, not only physically but morally. I mean, you make more sense when it comes to LIFE, unlike the jerky-conceited guys that I usually meet! How could you not get a gf?!! I mean, I don't blame you... it's just unexplainable... I even have a crush on one of these "never had a gf" guy! (but I won't tell who! LOL :lol: )...

Lord Baltimore

I'm 20 years old and have never had a serious girlfriend. Can't say I've never had one at all but nothing that really meant anything to me. Most of my friends are female so that fills that need in my life. Not really a priority at this point

spect01

As usual, the men have the majority of votes. I won't post any bitter thoughts about girls right now though. I think most people here understand my views already. (check my past posts if you haven't)

Mehh

Wow, great forum. I'm a teenager and I've never had a boyfriend. I'm still relatively young, so there's definitely plenty of time, but I really don't see myself meeting anybody while I'm still in high school. I don't get out that much, and I'm extremely shy. There's only been one guy that's ever shown a hint of interest in me, but that's because I was the only girl who talked to him. And that was way back in freshman year. I don't talk to boys; they don't talk to me. I don't see that changing any time soon.

And the reason that there's more single guys is because of society's gender roles. It's always the guy who has to ask out the girl, the guy who makes the first move. I'm glad I'm not a guy, because that would be extremely hard to do. I don't necessarily think there's more shy men out there than shy women though. It's just that a shy man's job is harder, and its easier for a woman to say yes than to work up the nerve to ask somebody out.

6string

I've had a few lady friends but obviously since I use the word 'had' it didn't go so well. You can't stress that kinda stuff. Some of the worst people date all the time and some of the best stay single awhile. No worries

6string

Sorry to double post but I wanted to add this. You say that nobody has ever been interested in you..okay well how do you really know that for sure? You probably have been interested in at least one person..I bet you probably didn't tell them that you were. 99% of people don't. What I'm trying to say is that just because nobody has actually expressed interest in you doesn't mean they didn't feel that way. Know what I mean?

*Amy*

I've never been in a relationship since I'm ugly and shy... that's the worst things someone could be::(:

Zoya Dulzura

"You can't stress that kinda stuff. Some of the worst people date all the time and some of the best stay single awhile. No worries"--true true. A few of my friends (many of my friends are shy like me; maybe that's why we're friends) don't have nor have never had a gf/bf but I think would themselves make a great gf/bf once they find the right man/woman.

Just mentioning--a lot of people these days meet their bf/gf online; might this be a little easier for people who have difficulties meeting people or have social anxiety? I wonder if anyone here has met their gf/bf here...

Amy: you say you are ugly and shy, but remember, you are your own worst critic! It pains me when people call themselves ugly--they don't see themselves the ways others do! All different sorts of people find different looks attractive, so even if one individual doesn't find you attractive, there are others who do. :)

Sinar_Matahari

I don't think this poll wil accurately show anything to be honest, we don't know how many females and how many males there are on the site for one thing. Also, yes, a female with sa may be more likely to get a relationship that is initiated by the guy, but very often it's with a dominating man who takes advantage of her vulnerability, because anxious women are likely to be targeted by men who want someone they can use and abuse who won't speak back, but I hardly see that as a woman having it 'easier' than a man.

I had the same thought. It's possible that some domineering men would more likely prefer to be with a woman who is passive, timid, with few or no friends or someone whom they don't have to worry will be able to easily interact with other men and thus increasing the chance of infidelity. In some cases, timidity in a woman may be an appealing trait for insecure men.

I think while people insist that the opposite sex have it easy all we are doing is bluring the thing we should really be focusing on, how to get better and heal. It's very easy to blame our problems on our gender and accept no responsibility, but I don't see how it improves anything at all

I could not agree more. Simply laying the blame on one's gender is an excuse for inaction.

I have a wonderful boyfriend who is shy, and when a lot of sa guys hear this they start going on about how I'm so lucky to be a female because he obviously made the first move, well, he didn't. I did. I was the one who went after him and made all the first moves, and female or male, making the first moves when you have sa is anything but easy! But I took responsibility for myself and my needs and I did what I had to do, I didn't hide behind my gender insisting a man had to approach me. And I don't think males should hide behind their gender either, I think before anyone can really improve from sa they have to stop placing the blame on other people.

:)

Phoenixx

I've never had a boyfriend either. Then again, I'm still a teenager so I guess there's still time... Still sucks though cuz I get teased about it every so often :/

da_illest101

i got a gf once but it only lasted a week, my I was stressed the entire time so i broke it off. I don't know if i can really count that has having a gf

Dr. Doom

no. no first kiss. no first handhold. no first hug. no first girlfriend. I can't say it isn't my fault, part of it's the way I look, but most of it is probably because I just mope around. I don't talk to anyone, I think I come off as being weird or like that kid who's gonna bring a gun to class one day....like one time these girls dared one to come up randomly and hug me. I was paralyzed with anxiety, fear I sappose I just sat there frozen. I'm not sure how many girls find that really hot.