NEVER HAD A GIRLFRIEND/BOYFRIEND

You are a.....

• Total voters

Lonelyheart

I was inspired to post this poll by the discussions in the “Women have it easy” topic. There seems to be much disagreement about what gender faces the most difficulty in attaining a girlfriend/boyfriend.

I know this poll is not a perfectly accurate representation of who’s never had a girlfriend/boyfriend (I’m uncertain if the number of men members is equal to the number of women members). Nonetheless, this poll should give us a rough idea about what gender has the most difficulty becoming romantically involved with a member of the opposite sex.

I hypothesize that the number of men who’ve never had a girlfriend will significantly outnumber the number of women who’ve never had a boyfriend. I think gender roles established by society make it much more difficult for shy men to find love. In addition, my own observations have yielded similar results. For example, I always see aggressive men approach shy women but rarely see aggressive women approach shy men.

LibertadIlusoria

I've never had a boyfriend, or even been asked out.

Only four people have voted, yet this topic has had 21 views. I guess almost everyone else is able to get a bf/gf. :(

Moonie

I just wanted to say that I am a girl and I didn't have my first boyfriend until I was 21 years old.

Thelema

LibertadIlusoria said:

Only four people have voted, yet this topic has had 21 views. I guess almost everyone else is able to get a bf/gf. :(

If you're ever in Olympia I'll take you out.

Warlock

LibertadIlusoria said:

I'd ask you out if you were here, or want to atleast.

Edit: (This is Aaron if you didn't know.)

Y

LibertadIlusoria said:

I cant vote, need more options :/

Voting for "Man whos never had a bf"

I don't think this poll wil accurately show anything to be honest, we don't know how many females and how many males there are on the site for one thing. Also, yes, a female with sa may be more likely to get a relationship that is initiated by the guy, but very often it's with a dominating man who takes advantage of her vulnerability, because anxious women are likely to be targeted by men who want someone they can use and abuse who won't speak back, but I hardly see that as a woman having it 'easier' than a man.

I think while people insist that the opposite sex have it easy all we are doing is bluring the thing we should really be focusing on, how to get better and heal. It's very easy to blame our problems on our gender and accept no responsibility, but I don't see how it improves anything at all.

I have a wonderful boyfriend who is shy, and when a lot of sa guys hear this they start going on about how I'm so lucky to be a female because he obviously made the first move, well, he didn't. I did. I was the one who went after him and made all the first moves, and female or male, making the first moves when you have sa is anything but easy! But I took responsibility for myself and my needs and I did what I had to do, I didn't hide behind my gender insisting a man had to approach me. And I don't think males should hide behind their gender either, I think before anyone can really improve from sa they have to stop placing the blame on other people.

haze

should have added other options also you people who think noone has ever been interested in you? maybe your wrong iam pretty sure most of here are familer with being interested in someone and doing nothing about it. maybe someone has felt that way about you.i chose boy that never had girlfriend

edit: oh and just to add to my depression i have been asked out and even though i wanted to say yes i didnt, well thats shyness for you.

Erythrocyte

I'm a girl.. I've had a bf, when I was 17 years old that is... I havn't had one since, and I'm almost 23... Guys ask me out, but when they do, I feel ill because of anxiety. Doesn't matter if I like a guy or not.. I got asked out last october, and I just said "no...but thanks" 8O hell if I know why I said that!! I would acctually like to go out with him!... I'm soooooo gonna die alone if I don't change.... :oops:

slowmotiondaydream

there isn't anything wrong with yourself, guys seem to like you... i don't think you can ask for more i suppose.
say 'yes' next time man! and see how it will unravel dear

Njodis

I am a guy that's never had a girlfriend.

On the other hand, I avoid any kind of social situation and can count on one hand the number of times I've had a personal conversation with a female. I like to think of that as the reason, other than the fact that I am probably repulsive.

SocialRetahd

I was a good looking kid who got uglier as he got older so girls would hit on me. I was nervous most of the time to the point I couldnt speak. One time an entire group of girls(about 7) approached me. Now I'm older, aged a bit, and just don't look the same as I did. It makes me sad that I never took advantage of the one gift I was given.

eggbe4thechicken

i'm 18, and never had a bf :oops:
never been asked out
not surprised really, i'm not exactly much to look at :cry: And i can't make conversation because of my shyness, so if any one happened to like me, i wouldn't be able to talk to them :(

i dont want to sound big headed or anything...but when i was younger i was asked out a lot, but i was never interested in having a boyfriend even though my friends were i really wasnt into boys at the time
when i fancied someone in my class, he asked me out like every day but i said no even tho i fancied him back! now i regret that!
anyway...now that im really into boys i never get attention from them. except when i was in year 10 people would tell me that a year 9 fancied me, i was extremely flattered but didnt fancy them back and would rather be with someone my own age or older

SocialRetahd

everything_ends said:
i dont want to sound big headed or anything...but when i was younger i was asked out a lot, but i was never interested in having a boyfriend even though my friends were i really wasnt into boys at the time
when i fancied someone in my class, he asked me out like every day but i said no even tho i fancied him back! now i regret that!

Don't flatter yourself..Average and above girls get hit on all the time.