nervousness around women...

no1

Banned
Do women not know how to act when someone around them is nervous? Do they always have to reflect it back to you in some way and treat you differently?

I guess this is the case for me. I'm usually nervous around women, and end up being treated differently. They are distant, treat me like a creep, etc. And I try to make things more easy going. But it's like.. once they see my nervousness they are turned off immensely, or treat me like I'm probably attracted to them or something?

Well usually my nervousness comes from the fact that I'm always tired from insomnia (nothing I've tried works) and it makes my stomach tight, and I guess I'm always worried about wtf I'm going to do or say, that doesn't make me look stupid as a result of my tiredness.

when will people warm up to me? Or is nervousness like.. the plague. Why are downtrodden people always avoided in this society?

NothingElseMatters

Do women not know how to act when someone around them is nervous? Do they always have to reflect it back to you in some way and treat you differently?

I guess this is the case for me. I'm usually nervous around women, and end up being treated differently. They are distant, treat me like a creep, etc. And I try to make things more easy going. But it's like.. once they see my nervousness they are turned off immensely, or treat me like I'm probably attracted to them or something?

i never clearly,fully,completely understood how woman think or act:D
but they don't react to you as a creep man!u r not a creep.they are reacting to your nervous behavior.Nobody thinks you are a creep in here,y?cause you are expressing opinions and you are expressing yourself.you have a different behavior here than the outside world and if you can take this behavior and put it out in the real world you r gonna get better responses.that's the difficult part.i get the same responses 2 but i know its not in me they react.how could someone who knows only 1/1000000 about you can judge you clearly(can't find the right word for it)

Ashiene

Did you know that almost all complex organisms react in the same manner? There have been countless evidence that show how handicapped or quiet members of a social pack of animals were avoided or beaten up and abused by the stronger members of the group, like gorillas, wolves, to name a few species.

Also, homosexuality is practiced by almost all sexually-reproductive organisms on Earth. Homosexuality is usually performed by a stronger member of the group on a weaker member to show dominance and power.

Humans are not special creatures. It is our ego that makes us think we are.

Fairy001

I believe that it is all self belief. If we feel like shit, we are treated like shit. Thus a cycle of negativity is born.

Peace

Cynic

Did you know that almost all complex organisms react in the same manner? There have been countless evidence that show how handicapped or quiet members of a social pack of animals were avoided or beaten up and abused by the stronger members of the group, like gorillas, wolves, to name a few species.
That is not surprising in the least. I dunno why society bothers to preserve the lives of the inferior members then, unless its simply someone for the superior members to bully?

no1

Banned

Also, homosexuality is practiced by almost all sexually-reproductive organisms on Earth. Homosexuality is usually performed by a stronger member of the group on a weaker member to show dominance and power.

Humans are not special creatures. It is our ego that makes us think we are.

Well.. to say that just because ALMOST all that have been observed do this is justification for human beings doing that is well nonsense to me. Humans are a lot different also from the regular animal and every animal has it's own ways of living.

no1

Banned
That is not surprising in the least. I dunno why society bothers to preserve the lives of the inferior members then, unless its simply someone for the superior members to bully?

How can you say something like that?

What if these "inferiors" once they are helped, to become independent can become to be one of the strongest?

Why do you think.. "inferiors" have to be culled, as in any problem anyone has are being ran away from rather than being fixed?

If this was the case there would be no need for doctors, and no need for much thought either.

DaaaBulls

I know where your coming from no1. I suffer from sleep deprivation and worry too that people will find me undesirable because of the lethargic and tired state I am always in. I also become nervous around girls and I think it shows, but maybe not, who really knows?

I figure that when I start feeling better about myself and life then I will start acting like it, until then I am not going to fake being happy. No way no how, and if anyone cares, screw 'em.

Cynic

How can you say something like that?
Why else are there laws prohibiting (attempted or assisted) suicide that can lead to one being locked up, even though nobody cares if you didn't exist? Because they want weaker and inferior members to make them look good and feel big.

What if these "inferiors" once they are helped
Because humans in the main don't wish to help. They would rather tear anyone down whenever they can, and kick those who are already down.

If this was the case there would be no need for doctors
In most countries, doctors treat only those who can afford to pay them, and here in the UK it will be the same very soon. They may still preserve the life of what they regard as the useless, but only to prolong suffering, in order to pleasure those better off.

and no need for much thought either.
Most people are trained not to think. We are given the message that we don't need to think and to simply accept the word of our betters as gospel.

no1

Banned
yea...
but to say we are HARDWIRED this way? I don't think so... I think it's more like people have been programmed to be this way, and they bought into this idea.

Cynic

I think it's cute for someone to feel nervous around me! I tend to be more open and friendly with people who appear more on the shy & timid side. I guess it's bcus I know how it feels lol... I'll admit though, I usually dont like them in a sexual way. More like a friend.
Because the "asshole" or "jerk" as the Americans like to call them makes a naturally better man. You might tolerate an SAer in small doses but nothing more. There is no arguing with nature.

Fairy001

Is change impossibel Cynic? Don't we have degrees of choice? Is everything mapped out already?

I agree about survival of the fittest, but we all have gifts, many people with SA have a tenderness that is required and appreciated in a balanced society.

no1

Banned
what the **** people need to stop being so damn close minded about others. stop going for the assholes and jerks. stop BELIEVING you like those and hate the nice guy and/or the shy timid types, or the types that just want to RESPECT your personal space instead of having the confidence to violate them. IT IS KILLING THE HUMAN RACE.

Last edited:

Skatergirl

Banned
I'm a woman. and if a guy would be nervous in front of me, i would be a good person and threat him right! And try to make him feel better! I think it depends on the person, if a girl will say ur a creep, then she's a bitch!

no1

Banned
too much propaganda to make people believe that women are whores who only choose the wrong men. too much to make people believe the wrong things.

I give up. This society is pointless. The propaganda the media OVERWHELMS society and tells it what to do and how to think.and poeple follow endlessly, and can't do anything about it.

Last edited:

no1

Banned
Because the "asshole" or "jerk" as the Americans like to call them makes a naturally better man. You might tolerate an SAer in small doses but nothing more. There is no arguing with nature.

there is a difference between arrogance and confidence.

Satine

too much propaganda to make people believe that women are whores who only choose the wrong men. too much to make people believe the wrong things.

I give up. This society is pointless. The propaganda the media OVERWHELMS society and tells it what to do and how to think.and poeple follow endlessly, and can't do anything about it.

If you listen to what a fair proportion of people say, they're not interested in media-driven ideals of perfection. I'm not, and I don't think many people are here. It's only the shallow idiots who are genuinely taken in with all that stuff.

no1

Banned
no I think humans are just either dumb enough to buy into this shit or very very very ignorant. why are lies in our media in the first place? sooner or later it WILL GET TO YOU and if it doesn't then it's because people are being complacent.

Satine

no I think humans are just either dumb enough to buy into this shit or very very very ignorant. why are lies in our media in the first place? sooner or later it WILL GET TO YOU and if it doesn't then it's because people are being complacent.

Ah, you're right, no. 1. I'm just too stupid to know artifical glamour when I see it. Thank you for calling me out on my obvious idiocy. I think I'll go and read a book now to get clevererer.