Most days in a row for not leaving the house?

WeirdyMcGee

Most days? Last year I went from Boxing day until my birthday- not leaving the house.... so that's December 26th-April 3rd...
oh my.--- actually... I've done much more time when I was in highschool; and not leaving my room, too. Lucky for me, my room had it's own bathroom, so I *really* didn't need to leave my space at all. I'd say the longest was from July to Christmas, because mom made me come downstairs for a family gathering... and everyone commented on how horrible I looked. It was wonderful. -__-

I usually force myself to go out once a week. It's usually for 10 minutes or so... I can't stand much more than that.
I need to push myself more though, I think.

Last edited:
6 years agoraphobic 4 years not leaving the block that i live on. But within the past couple months i have been taking meds and seeing someone twice a week and doing much better... about to take that leap back into the world with my counselor.

Rose_Red

For me, the longest I've gone without leaving the comfort of my house would have been about 4 and a half months.

Hottie

Hey peeps,

A few words of encouragment. I you want to get over anxiety...it wont happen in the comfort of your own home. You HAVE to get outside, and be outside often.

These are things we do not want to do.... but we also dont want anxiety ruining our lives either...right?

Well you have to make a decision on what you want more...

Rome wasnt built in a day.....baby steps....and take it one day at a time...

Ive begun doing one thing a day to help myself. I have only started yesterday, but hey, gotta start somewhere! Yesterday i went on a lil walk and today i went into a shop in the shopping centre *AAAHHHHHH* but i did it, and i can do it again...so i plan too...

DespairSoul

In 2010, I only left the flat about roughly 10 times.

Alphasocket,

I hope 2011 will be 20?:) And 2012 30? Little joking i feel with u i can relate. Only by my case this was other year and maybe was 10 times if i will exaggerate. I can't remind me because more time i spend home as out sad true.

Ryguy2598

Most days for me? I'm not really sure but I can't go that long without feeling the need to get out and do something.....I suggest you do that, especially if you feel like you're "losing your grip." Just go for a walk, anything. Find stuff to do and start working towards fixing your life.