ME!

missconfused

hey! i am new here....

well basically i am a confused nut who simply hates going out and meeting people....i feel as if everything i do is being judged by all...as if i am going to embarass myself with every single thing i do in public!!....i feel sooo worthless!!..cant even make friends...i just think that the better someone comes to know me the more they will realise how stupid i am!!!..

plz can someone help me out!!!!!

brainfog

welcome to the site, as you've probably read around, you're not alone in this dilemma, and people here will understand. as for how you can help yourself, there's no single strategy that works for everyone. but the general rule is practice makes perfect. everyone has different levels at which they feel they can operate comfortably when it comes to socializing. so to start off, start small, you won't become a socialite over night.

sorry for the long rant, just my two cents, if you can enlighten us as to how you came about having these symptoms, that would help, once again, welcome to the site : )

D

deleted #89

The crude reality is that nothing can " save " you but yourself. First get off the internet and stop using other distractions that only slows your progress. You can expose yourself as much as you want but if your thinking patterns are the same then forget about you'll go back to square one. Its really the way " we" think that fuks the whole thing up. This is the hardest or easiest thing you will have to do in your life depending on how you face it.

-lonestar-

Welcome, you'll find evryone here is friendly and supportive. We understand the dilemas, its weird that people with SA/SP are essentially their own enemy in regards to feeling bad about themselves. We are the ones who think people are judging our every move, in reality they are lost in their own thing most of the time, thats why its a type of phobia its not logical, but we feel it. Mostly comes from negative experiences early in life that scarred us in a way that made us fear being around others and having basically lil to no social skills, but you aren't alone we are in the same boat my friend.

Last edited:

DeadmanWalking

Hello and welcome to the forum:D!

You're not a nut and most people aren't going to judge you on your actions, embarrassing or not. If you do embarrass yourself, try to turn it into a joke. Besides, most people will forget all about it, given a couple of days, so that gives you a clean slate to start over with! If you ever need a friend or someone to talk to, I'm usually here:)!