May have accidently told people about SA

chris11

SO, I was on facebook earlier today, and found out that there is a SA page. I cliked on it (did not like it), and then found a poll that was asking: "who have you told you have SA." I clicked on one of the options, the wrong one accidently, and later found out that it was posted on my face book time line. I immedetly voted again several times to see if it would appear again--even if I disabled and it did. So, I deleted it off of the time line, and signed up for a fake account. I then used this account to see if your friends would be notified of such a thing, and it seems like they wouldn't be. My question is: do you know if they would have been notifed of this? I have several people I 'know' from school on my FB friends list, and I'm really worried about them knowing this about me

Thanks

THeCARS1979

SO, I was on facebook earlier today, and found out that there is a SA page. I cliked on it (did not like it), and then found a poll that was asking: "who have you told you have SA." I clicked on one of the options, the wrong one accidently, and later found out that it was posted on my face book time line. I immedetly voted again several times to see if it would appear again--even if I disabled and it did. So, I deleted it off of the time line, and signed up for a fake account. I then used this account to see if your friends would be notified of such a thing, and it seems like they wouldn't be. My question is: do you know if they would have been notifed of this? I have several people I 'know' from school on my FB friends list, and I'm really worried about them knowing this about me

Thanks

So who gives a sh-t if they do or they dont, If they have something negative to say then they arent your friends

Flanscho

I told some closer friends on purpose. The're friends, they have to know me to be able to understand me so that we can stay good friends. The other not that close friends: I don't care that much. If they know, then it doesn't matter either. Noone is perfect, several friends of mine have some problems.

I'm glad that I keep my facebook list very short, only limited to people I really consider friends. If I blurt out there private stuff by accident, then I'd get chuckles or a "really?" in the worst case.

TheTemp

Wait, what do you mean? When you vote in a thread it shows up on your Facebook? My Facebook account isn't linked to this account though... so how?

laure15

I don't think your FB friends will pay much attention to it. Everybody experiences social anxiety at different times in their lives, some more so and more intensely than others. I'm willing to bet your FB friends have some nervous, awkward moments from time to time.

gustavofring

One more reason to dislike Facebook. The fear you accidentally share things you'd rather be private, because they've made Facebook such an omnipresent, intruding presence on the internet.

chris11

Yeah, I hope they don't give a **** about that. None of them are really close friends to me, and they already think that I'm a bit of a nutcase, so this just confirms it I suppose. while, I guess it could be worse, it wasn't very specific of a poll. It's not like they hav any idea what the severity is (or was) or how it continues to effect me in various ways, or any of the other bull**** I have to deal with.

I just don't them to know that about me. Maybe some of them, at some point in the future, if I got to know them significantly better, but all of them? And right now? Thankfully, none of them brought it up today. Perhaps none of them saw it