Made a complete tool out of myself...

hangbi92

Sounds scary. If I was in your shoes, I wont open the door too, because Im a social phobic. Maybe it was someone who need help, or maybe a mad man. Either way I wont open the door.

dottie

you didn't make a tool of yourself. that loser shouldn't have been creeping. don't worry, i think most anyone would freak out at night like that. especially a female.

lunarla

This is the exact kind of thing that I dread! It's never happened, but I always think about it. Regardless of his intent, or what the heck he wanted, you didn't do anything wrong. If it were me I probably would have called the cops. Almost certain that I would have, really. That way if he actually was in need of something important, the police could help him. Or, if he was a psycho, etc.

You can call the cops. Depending on how policing is run in your country, you may even request them to patrol your house/neighborhood at night more often.

AGR

I also never answer the door,unless its someone I know or the mail man,I just turn all lights off and pretend there is no body at home.::(:

Lost Girl

Don't feel stupid about that Aims. A girl home alone at night with some man banging on the door and then going round back to the window - very scary. A lot of people would have done just about the same thing, SA or not.

Ignace

It's probably nothing, just someone who was in need of driving instructions or something. It's been ages since I was home alone at night. Like 3 years ago I think ? Doesn't matter, I had it once too, I remember I grabbed a knife and kept it with me the whole night till my dad got home. But my 'stalker' didn't came to a windows in the back, that's so rude/stalky ! I wonder why people knock on people's doors in the middle of the night. Drunk teens/people who want to be noticed .. ? Ah well, it was surely not important since I never heard from him/her again.

Fighter86

I usually don't open the door when I'm home alone and the person is not someone I know. Even when family's home, they don't open the door if the person at the door knocking is not someone we know. I only open if I'm definitely sure its the post man delivering a package. In fact, there was once or twice when the delivery person didn't wear a uniform and I actually didn't open the door despite the knocking although it was a genuine case of delivery of items. The person ended up having to come back.

Richey

I used to live in a shared house and it was supposed to be for students but the estate agents let two alcoholics move in with us and one of them would bang on my bedroom door and tried to kick it down because he believed his friend was in the room with me (which is insane) ...he then would go outside and bang on the window non-stop, luckily the bedroom doors had locks on them ...
i won't go into depth of what else occured except to say it was a really traumatic experience for those of us left in the house with the new tenants...the other man wasn't a hassle but the one next to me i could hear him throwing up all over his room...
it was just terrible ...

so i firmly believe for someone to knock on the door with force in a creepy way, you are best not to open the door at all because its not normal behaviour ...if you live with your parents tell them and they'll deal with it somehow, if you live without your parents and it happens again call the police and perhaps even find a way to inform your neighbours with a letter in their letterboxes so they are aware that you are concerned and they can be on the lookout if this man comes back ..

perhaps look into putting up barriers in front of the window or try to make it hard for anyone to approach the window ..

i don't know but good luck..

DarkPhoenix

Was probably a drunk who went to the wrong house, and hes the tool for banging on peoples windows at that time in the morning!

hangbi92

make me remember one thing funny happen when I was a kid. I stayed at home with my younger sister and there is a strange man call me to open the door ( My house has a kind of door that can see through). He says hes my parents friend, but i dont belive him so I let him stay out there 30 minutes. Then my parents came home and open the door for him. My dad confirmed that hes his friend. I felt a bit embarrassing, but still I thinkwhat i did is right because maybe he is a thief of psycho and sth. That man even congratulate my parents for hanving a catious son like me lol

xxaimsxx

You mind if I steal this story for my horror movie script? Yeah, you had legitimate reasons to be afraid.

Lol illumination i dont think he was a weirdo. He was knocking for quite some time going in and out of the front gate :/ I look back now thinking maybe he needed help or something.
But still i was eating a biscuit and turned round and he was there. That was scary!

xxaimsxx

It's probably nothing, just someone who was in need of driving instructions or something. It's been ages since I was home alone at night. Like 3 years ago I think ? Doesn't matter, I had it once too, I remember I grabbed a knife and kept it with me the whole night till my dad got home. But my 'stalker' didn't came to a windows in the back, that's so rude/stalky ! I wonder why people knock on people's doors in the middle of the night. Drunk teens/people who want to be noticed .. ? Ah well, it was surely not important since I never heard from him/her again.

You had a stalker? :/ scary.

xxaimsxx

Don't feel stupid about that Aims. A girl home alone at night with some man banging on the door and then going round back to the window - very scary. A lot of people would have done just about the same thing, SA or not.

I do feel guilty incase someone had an accident outside!

hopethishelps

How does this make you a tool? If what I'm imagining is what happened, any person with common sense wouldn't open the door for someone who had to actively walk around your house to get to the window and started banging on it.

Danfalc

Banned
I do feel guilty incase someone had an accident outside!

Better that you didn't open the door just to be in the safe side!It's just as likely that he was maybe even drunk and was at the wrong house than there is the chance there was an accident.I mean if something serious had happened you would of probably heard about it by now

Most people have mobiles these days,and even if he didn't if it was that urgent,your next door neighbor's house probably wasn't all that far away,so don't beat yourself up.