Loyal's Thoughts

LoyalXenite

Then I managed to have a falling out with an online friend, which could repair in time but we've been growing further apart for a while now and this falling out isnt the first time but its feeling more final. Granted that could be because Im in a bad place mentally but idk it just feels like the friendship has been snuffed out.

Welp its been almost a month since this falling out and if anything its gotten colder. It definitely feels final. I uninstalled the app we used to talk through, it was just agitating me every time I saw it, Im also going to mute her on twitter so I dont have to see her name pop up. I get all frustrated and angry and upset everytime Im reminded of the falling out so im removing as many of the reminders as possible

Miserum

Welp its been almost a month since this falling out and if anything its gotten colder. It definitely feels final. I uninstalled the app we used to talk through, it was just agitating me every time I saw it, Im also going to mute her on twitter so I dont have to see her name pop up. I get all frustrated and angry and upset everytime Im reminded of the falling out so im removing as many of the reminders as possible
Some friendships just need to die. You'll be okay. Don't let it consume you. :)

LoyalXenite

ugh just had a hellish last few hours.

I'd bought my dogs each a new toy. This cute leather panda dog toy from kmart. They loved them and were ripping it to shreds. Then about an hour later I realized that Saphira and Alagaesia had eaten the damn toys (I was sure Saphira had and suspected Alagaesia had- Knew Arya didnt coz she was sulking on the bed coz her toy got stolen). Leather doesnt break down and can lead to serious blockages and it was a lot of it (3x 20cm toys) so I called the vet. She said to give them some wet food and then rush them in to induce vomiting. Alageasia threw up 7 times, Saphira threw up 5 times. Lots of toy chunks were in both stomachs so its very likely they threw it all up. The vet said if there is anything else in there it should pass fine, but to monitor them over the next few days. If they vomit again in the next few days bring them back in for xrays to check for obstructions. But thats unlikely coz they threw up a lot. Wet food only diet for the next 3 days as well will help flush out anything that may be in their system. They also had needles to stop the vomiting as well coz I didnt want to make them wait for it to wear off if they didnt have to. They're all bright eyed and feeling better already though. Damn after hours meant it cost $570 and that is with the vet giving me a discount of $125. Thank fuck I didnt have to take Arya in too coz that wouldve been an extra $350ish on top of that. Luckily I noticed when I did coz if I hadnt noticed the surgeries to deal with blockages wouldve cost me somewhere between $4000 and $8000.

https://www.kmart.com.au/product/plush-panda-pet-toy/3047324

this is the damn toy. Definitely stay away from leather toys. Idk what I was thinking. I didnt think about it I just saw a cute new dog toy for $5 each. Shouldve bloody used my head and realized they'd treat it like a rawhide toy (essentially the same). Damn dogs xD

LoyalXenite

On a lighter note this got sorted out and seems to be ok again

Phoenixx

I'm so glad your puppers are okay after all that, Loyal. Same with me and my doggo too, Fountain. I made the decision this summer to quit giving stuffed toys to Willow. I bought her two jumbo sized dog plushies a few months back and of course she had a lot of fun with them, but then started to eat the stuffing. Didn't realize it until I started seeing it in her poo and then she wound up with a nasty bout of gastroenteritis one really hot weekend following. Those were fun messes to clean up. 😖 Almost rushed her to the vet because I thought she had a blockage with her throwing up so much, but fortunately she didn't. I wound up closely monitoring her and actually giving her some treatments at home as if she had a stomach bug. She thankfully got over everything in a little over 24 hrs, but I never want to go through that again, so she doesn't get any more plushies. ☹ It's sad because she absolutely loves playing with stuffed toys.

LoyalXenite

Yeah mine have always destroyed their soft toys but never actually ingested them, so I've never minded them shredding them coz hey they're having fun. But the leather toys apparently are just too irresistibly delicious 😓. Today they've been behaving as normal so Im hopeful that all is back to normal, but still gotta monitor them over the next few days before its officially all clear.

LoyalXenite

Ugh managed to get stuck in an anxiety spiral today. I was asleep with my dogs when one of the neighbor dogs was barking, then a neighbour (I have no idea which one which is definitely part of the reason for the spiral) shouted out 'stfu' followed by some other slightly quieter yelling that I couldnt make out. His yell caused my dogs to bark a couple times in response. The cause for the spiral is that my mind immediately went to what if this guy thinks all the dog barking is just my dogs and decides to make a council complaint and council comes and takes my dogs away, or what if he poisons my dogs (less likely but not unheard of so enough to worry me). My dogs do bark a fair bit but I do shut them up when I can, but there are also 3 or 4 other dogs in the immediate surroundings that also bark relatively the same amount, but proving that would be hard. Of course this spiral now means that I cant go back to sleep which caused a headache that the anxiety is escalating to a potential migraine. Im trying to talk myself down with the its one yell it doesnt mean anything, council has to give warnings first and I could try and fight it, poisoning is very unlikely... I managed to bring myself down from panic but Im still tense and stressed.. I have a lot of uni work I needed to do today but I cant focus. I hope I can get a bit more sleep soon. Im so tired

Miserum

what if this guy thinks all the dog barking is just my dogs and decides to make a council complaint and council comes and takes my dogs away, or what if he poisons my dogs (less likely but not unheard of so enough to worry me). My dogs do bark a fair bit but I do shut them up when I can, but there are also 3 or 4 other dogs in the immediate surroundings that also bark relatively the same amount, but proving that would be hard.
Could you make a few recordings of the other dogs barking through the walls? You can video your dogs being absolutely quiet while the noise from the other dogs penetrate through the wall/windows. If you make a few recordings from time to time, you'll have consistent evidence showing that your dogs aren't the only ones making noise. And maybe knowing you have some leverage with these videos and that they might possibly mitigate you being singled out in case your neighbor makes a complaint, will give you peace of mind.

LoyalXenite

Could you make a few recordings of the other dogs barking through the walls? You can video your dogs being absolutely quiet while the noise from the other dogs penetrate through the wall/windows. If you make a few recordings from time to time, you'll have consistent evidence showing that your dogs aren't the only ones making noise. And maybe knowing you have some leverage with these videos and that they might possibly mitigate you being singled out in case your neighbor makes a complaint, will give you peace of mind.

Thats a good idea, I'll definitely do that if any warnings come in

LoyalXenite

So far nothing has come of the yelling neighbor, Im hoping it was actually the guy sorta behind us yelling at his own dog but no way to know. I'll keep an eye and ear out but trying not to think of it until I have to if something happens. Otherwise I'll just stress myself out.

Im finally managing to get some uni work done.. mainly coz its due in a few hours 😅 but at least Im getting some of it done. Still got a fair amount to go but its something.

LoyalXenite

122118949_3653960507987906_3394052977153835098_o.jpg

I want a house like this but with a huge yard for the dogs