Loyal's Thoughts

LoyalXenite

For xmas my mother is getting me a tattoo (or possibly two if I choose two smaller ones and they come under budget). So Im working on my designs for the 3 I have planned. I need some advice on one of them. So I plan to get a dnd related one (dnd has been a big part of keeping me going these last few years and it/my dnd group have meant so much to me and really helped me when the mental health stuff gets rough). The design I've got I wanted to work in the first initial of the 3 people I play with- but Im worried its something that might make them uncomfortable. Is that something I should check if they're ok with first? their initials arent the focal point, but a smaller/somewhat snuck in detail.

Do you guys think I should ask them before including that bit?

Miserum

For xmas my mother is getting me a tattoo (or possibly two if I choose two smaller ones and they come under budget). So Im working on my designs for the 3 I have planned. I need some advice on one of them. So I plan to get a dnd related one (dnd has been a big part of keeping me going these last few years and it/my dnd group have meant so much to me and really helped me when the mental health stuff gets rough). The design I've got I wanted to work in the first initial of the 3 people I play with- but Im worried its something that might make them uncomfortable. Is that something I should check if they're ok with first? their initials arent the focal point, but a smaller/somewhat snuck in detail.

Do you guys think I should ask them before including that bit?
I personally would ask them if they would be weirded out by it. I assume they would be okay with it if you are close. If someone I was close to wanted to initial my first name into a tattoo, I would be flattered (so long as it wasn't a tattoo of an anus, or located on their anus).

However, the pessimist in me also says that if you were to have a falling out with any of them, having their initial on your body might become an annoyance for you.

LoyalXenite

I personally would ask them if they would be weirded out by it. I assume they would be okay with it if you are close. If someone I was close to wanted to initial my first name into a tattoo, I would be flattered (so long as it wasn't a tattoo of an anus, or located on their anus).

However, the pessimist in me also says that if you were to have a falling out with any of them, having their initial on your body might become an annoyance for you.
Definitely not planned for the anus 😂 Inner forearm is the planned location.

Yeah I have considered the falling out possibility, but unless the falling out ends up being a massive blow out they'll always have been an important part of my life that got me through some real dark patches, plus my first dnd group so significant in that way too. Worst case scenario, 3 small individual letters are easily covered up

Miserum

Definitely not planned for the anus 😂 Inner forearm is the planned location.

Yeah I have considered the falling out possibility, but unless the falling out ends up being a massive blow out they'll always have been an important part of my life that got me through some real dark patches, plus my first dnd group so significant in that way too. Worst case scenario, 3 small individual letters are easily covered up
Sounds like you've got it figured out. Go ahead and ask them. :)