Loyal's Thoughts

LoyalXenite

116205890_1495773343928232_1858904707243374226_n.jpg

Havent been in a great headspace lately. Just wish things would change for the better for a change

LoyalXenite

Welp its officially week 1 of my final uni semester. Just one last class to go, gotta figure out whats going to be my capstone project - my final big photography assignment to go in the graduate exhibition at the end of semester. I even started the graduate application process. In all honesty I never thought I'd make it this far but here I am. Gotta count for something.

Head is still in a weird place, frankly my dogs are the only thing grounding me in my days, if it wasnt for needing to feed them twice a day I'd have entirely lost all sense of time... As it is im sleeping even more erratically and I dont know what day it is even though I check numerous times a day. I dont like this detached kind of disassociation, it leaves me all vague and lost and melancholic and suddenly I find weeks have passed and Ive achieved nothing. I cant remember when I last cleaned.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Congratulations, Loyal. :D

I look forward to hearing more about your project. Photography's something I've always thought about trying, but never taken up.

Maybe after you graduate you'll have some time to treat yourself and relax.

happyhappy.gif

Phoenixx

Congrats Loyal! My last semester at college was the best. I had a lot of projects, but at least some of the projects I enjoyed, plus I knew I would never have to do any of it again, so that thinking alone left me in a fairly good mindset throughout the whole semester, haha. Hope you can find ways to enjoy your last semester too.

Have you ever shared your work here? I would love to see some of it, if you're willing to share. :)

Photography's something I've always thought about trying, but never taken up.
Definitely not too late to start. I have always wanted to get into photography too, and I've made it a goal to get a camera within the next year and really learn. I've already taken a couple of really good courses on SkillShare (got a free trial for 2 months that will sadly be ending soon) and actually took notes to look back on when I do have a camera to practice. Unfortunately I don't have the money right now for a one, but I'm saving up ever so slowly.

FountainandFairfax

Definitely not too late to start. I have always wanted to get into photography too, and I've made it a goal to get a camera within the next year and really learn. I've already taken a couple of really good courses on SkillShare (got a free trial for 2 months that will sadly be ending soon) and actually took notes to look back on when I do have a camera to practice. Unfortunately I don't have the money right now for a one, but I'm saving up ever so slowly.

Yeah, I want to be sure I get the right camera.

I actually have my aunt's old Canonet QL17 GIII (I had to get it out to see what it was) but have no clue if it actually works. I kind of like the idea of using a vintage camera, even though I'm sure the digital ones are easier.

I've always thought viewing things through a lens would help with my social anxiety. Give me a little mental distance, or whatever.

We should all start a photography thread, assuming we get working cameras, ha ha. We could share tips and photos and stuff.

Last edited:

LoyalXenite

Congratulations, Loyal. :D

I look forward to hearing more about your project. Photography's something I've always thought about trying, but never taken up.

Maybe after you graduate you'll have some time to treat yourself and relax.

happyhappy.gif
Congrats Loyal! My last semester at college was the best. I had a lot of projects, but at least some of the projects I enjoyed, plus I knew I would never have to do any of it again, so that thinking alone left me in a fairly good mindset throughout the whole semester, haha. Hope you can find ways to enjoy your last semester too.

Have you ever shared your work here? I would love to see some of it, if you're willing to share. :)

Yeah, I want to be sure I get the right camera.

I actually have my aunt's old Canonet QL17 GIII (I had to get it out to see what it was) but have no clue if it actually works. I kind of like the idea of using a vintage camera, even though I'm sure the digital ones are easier.

I've always thought viewing things through a lens would help with my social anxiety. Give me a little mental distance, or whatever.

We should all start a photography thread, assuming we get working cameras, ha ha. We could share tips and photos and stuff.

I agree with not too late to start, I've always loved the concept of photography, to freeze and save a fleeting moment and be able to hold it in your hands, to capture the elusive details. I love it, though I definitely dont do it enough with my lack of leaving the house. Its something I really should work on more proactively but of course with covid its not exactly the ideal time to start going out more :LOL:

I dont think I have shared my previous uni photography projects, though Im pretty sure I've shared a couple photos here and there (aside from doggo ones) I like the idea of a photography thread, I'll see if I have any of my old uni usbs about and start a thread by sharing some of my nicer shots

LoyalXenite

Managed to get sick, Im hoping its just a normal cold. If it hasnt cleared up in the next few days I'll have to get tested for Covid

LoyalXenite

I really fucking hate trying to deal with people sometimes. I just dont understand people and social shit. Add in that tone doesnt convey easily across virtual conversations and sometimes its just so much fucking effort to try and navigate conversations that I wonder whats the fucking point.

LoyalXenite

Im really having a crappy couple of weeks. I've managed to fall behind in uni work because I somehow lost a week and a half to a depression haze, on top of already struggling with motivation. Then I managed to have a falling out with an online friend, which could repair in time but we've been growing further apart for a while now and this falling out isnt the first time but its feeling more final. Granted that could be because Im in a bad place mentally but idk it just feels like the friendship has been snuffed out.

Its currently 5am and I've gotta try and force myself to stay awake for a few more hours so that I can go gather supplies for uni and do some grocery shopping. I've been trying to make myself gather those damn supplies for uni for a while now but anxiety and agoraphobic tendencies keeps stopping me from making it out the damn door. Nothing feels more frustrating than when you want to get something done, and its something that has a bloody deadline, and yet you physically cannot make yourself get up and do it.

FountainandFairfax

Im really having a crappy couple of weeks. I've managed to fall behind in uni work because I somehow lost a week and a half to a depression haze, on top of already struggling with motivation. Then I managed to have a falling out with an online friend, which could repair in time but we've been growing further apart for a while now and this falling out isnt the first time but its feeling more final. Granted that could be because Im in a bad place mentally but idk it just feels like the friendship has been snuffed out.

Its currently 5am and I've gotta try and force myself to stay awake for a few more hours so that I can go gather supplies for uni and do some grocery shopping. I've been trying to make myself gather those damn supplies for uni for a while now but anxiety and agoraphobic tendencies keeps stopping me from making it out the damn door. Nothing feels more frustrating than when you want to get something done, and its something that has a bloody deadline, and yet you physically cannot make yourself get up and do it.

What a stifling situation, Loyal. I hope things get better.