Loyal's Thoughts

LoyalXenite

I absolutely hate doing group projects!

One of my courses this semester has involved a massive group project, which took up about 2/3 of the semester and is only just finishing. Aside from the fact that I hate socializing, I got stuck being the "leader"of the group because I was the only one making an effort and getting people to plan and do their work. (All via email thankfully). Then we get a new person added to the group who delays the first part of the project almost costing us marks. Then the second part of the project we get another new person who gets mad at me for telling off the first person for being useless and then decides that my part of the project needs rewriting. I told her I do not give consent for her to change anything, and now she is not sending it through, so I am unable to finish my duties and submit it. I suspect she plans to change it and submit it anyway, so I told her if that happens I will take formal action. But she has left me with no time to do the rest of my work it is due the day after tomorrow and she hasnt sent it through to me still when it was supposed to be sent on Tuesday.

Arghh. :thumbdown:

LoyalXenite

Finally done with that blasted group project as of last night. So glad to be done with it. The girl that was giving me issues made the last day of it very difficult but thankfully I am done with her and hopefully will never have to hear from her again!

Now im trying to work up the energy to do the housework

LoyalXenite

feeling rather down today, its my birthday which is always unpleasant. But today my partner is away for most of the day at uni then her guides group, so i'll see her for about two hours in between then about two hours when she gets home before she goes to bed.

Otherwise Im spending my birthday alone waiting for her to return because she's the only one who even cares that its my birthday. Havent heard from either of my parents but thats no suprise.

I mean its not too bad, Im mostly sitting here watching Doctor Who.

LoyalXenite

Actually saw my mother today, she even gave me $50 and some nail polish.

Also got a very pleasant surprise today, a while ago I sponsored a Wolf and I finally got the certificate today!

My partner will be home in a few hours too and is making me potato bake for dinner too.

All in all, despite spending most of it alone this birthday is one of the better ones. Dont even think I cried at all today ;)

LoyalXenite

^ Hmm pretty wolf.

Isnt she gorgeous!

Profile from the Wild Spirit Wolf Sanctuary website

Bio: Riot is an Arctic wolf.
Living Arrangements: Riot lives with an Arctic wolf, Axel.
Am I On the Tour Path? "Yes, although I shy away around large groups. If the group is small enough, I may continue to lie near the front of the enclosure."
Personality: Riot is a very rambunctious girl who likes to roughhouse with Axel and volunteers alike! Although she can become timid around new volunteers, once she grows comfortable, she becomes sweet and playful! Sometimes, Axel's domineering personality is too much and ends up spooking poor Riot. However, we can't help but think that her running off randomly is part of a game that we don't understand.
Likes: Roughhousing, fence-fighting with her neighbors, and playing with Axel.
Dislikes: New volunteers that do not crouch when visiting, flies, and her neighbors growling over her food.
Fun Fact: As Riot grew older, she began to test her boundaries. She went through a period of defending her water bucket from her caretaker. She growled and puffed up her coat when the caretaker got near. She also started doing it with the caretaker's waste bucket! Luckily, since she never won the argument and has matured, she seems to be more relaxed now.
My Wishlist: "My enclosure is on top of a hill at the Sanctuary, and although it is beautiful, it can be a strenuous climb for some visitors. Wouldn't it be great if I had a bench in front of my enclosure? That way guests could stop and rest while I show off to them!"

LoyalXenite

Bit bummed out right now. My partner was pretty tired so after dinner she crashed (which was what I expected but I hoped otherwise).

Would have been nice to spend more time with her today... Today turned out pretty similar to our anniversary last week, mondays suck. I hate when an important day falls on a day when she is busy coz I barely see her then she is so tired when she gets home that she crashes so much earlier than me and I am left sitting here alone again.

LoyalXenite

Trying to stay awake as I have 3 more hours of lectures to do before tomorrow's class and its already after midnight. Strongly wanting to skip tomorrow's lecture but I havent been to the last 3 classes, maybe 4...

LoyalXenite

Quite annoyed today.

I spent ages trying to get into a new therapist, got referred from Headspace to go to my uni's services and after ages of trying to get in I was told that they cant do a case as heavy as mine and to seek long term help elsewhere. 6 months+ of wasted time to go back to square one. Very annoyed.

MikeyC

Loyal, I go to Life Resolutions in Wollongong. There's recently been a second psychologist to handle the amount of people needing to see someone. If you're looking for someone a little more local, try there.

LoyalXenite

Loyal, I go to Life Resolutions in Wollongong. There's recently been a second psychologist to handle the amount of people needing to see someone. If you're looking for someone a little more local, try there.

Thanks Mikey, I got a new referral from a gp, but if that doesnt pan out I will try your recommendation.

LoyalXenite

Feeling very swamped with Uni work. I have a 1500 word english essay due on friday at 4pm, and tomorrow (thursday) I am at uni which means I leave at 11:30am and get home around 8:30pm so I get some of tomorrow night and then friday morning to write the damned essay.

The essay topic is something that im struggling to find resources for as well as write about... so far I have managed 151 words...aka the introduction. Which took far longer to work on than I anticipated. I had hoped to finish the essay tonight. Its now 1.27am and i have given up for the night.

LoyalXenite

Been absolutely exhausted the last few days. Managed to get that essay done and finished about 45 minutes before it was due, after starting it about 4 hours before it was due. Doubt I could have done better if I'd had more time anyway so Im just glad its over.
Aside from one lecture and one other assignment to do in the next few days I've once again managed to catch up on uni work.