Looking at photos of yourself...

proudmummy

As soon as a camera is pointed at me I feel so awkward and don't know what to do with myself, so photos taken of me always look a mess because of my unsureness.

are u pulling titties here ur actually kinda cute.... but hmmm me 2. i need to be caught unawares. i went on tv once, it was a doco and i did a bita talking the local expert....

man ive never seen it to this day..its the only way i could do it...i thought it needed to be done ..not for me but for the cause

but sadly im worse now than then...tho i am 10 kg lighter an no doubt more photogenic

I always hate looking at photos of myself at the time, but then years later when i look back on them i think 'oh i wasn't that bad then'. It's a shame i can't think that at the time! ::p:

littl3misstrange

Yes. I also think I look different in the mirror than is photos. I just get really upset because I cannot believe I look the way I do. So, instead when I do have a picture, I try to find some way to hide it and appear not as horribly disgusting. I hate feeling ugly all the time.

i've ALWAYS felt like that...like the camera distorts how i actually look, or something. i think i look a lot better, & completely different when i look in the mirror, than when i look at myself in pictures. whenever i see a picture of myself, i think, "do i really look that disgusting?!"
i hope the mirror-version of me is how i really look to other people, & not the camera (deformed) version.

StonedBob

i've ALWAYS felt like that...like the camera distorts how i actually look, or something. i think i look a lot better, & completely different when i look in the mirror, than when i look at myself in pictures. whenever i see a picture of myself, i think, "do i really look that disgusting?!"
i hope the mirror-version of me is how i really look to other people, & not the camera (deformed) version.

I feel exactly the same : when I watch myself in a mirror, I think "I could be uglier", but when I look at pictures of me, I always think "how ugly am I".

Yep, exact same with me, I look at a photo and think, "is that how people actually see me?" And that I had been going around thinking I looked alright while I actually looked disgusting.
Even looking at photos from a few years, I think they're fine, but photos from the last year or so, yuck. I hate hate hate photos of me.

WastedPotential

Usually I hate pictures of myself that were recently taken, but when I look at old pictures of myself that I hated back then, I actually turn out to like them.

So maybe that's saying something about deteriorating looks or devolving standards.

recluse

I sometimes look at a photo of myself and i feel like crying. It's ok if i have taken a photo of myself with care to get the angle i like, but if someone else takes my photo i look horrible. For example my avatar photo took me a few takes to get the angle i think i look best and the lighting with the morning sun coming through the window was more flattering.

I'm also the same with hearing my own recorded voice.

Ashiene

i cant count how many times ive run away from a camera or gotten into heated arguments with parents/relatives because i refuse to take a picture of myself, and if i happen to get a picture taken, my face will appear really sulky on the photo.

this_portrait

I have no problem taking photographs of myself. I love photography and taking pictures, hence why it's one of my majors.

However, I hate when others try to take my photo. They always manage to catch me with a weird look on my face. It's beyond annoying. >.<

when I look in the mirror I see a good looking guy...I hope that's what other people see because as soon as I get a picture taken of me I look hideous!! I mean look at my avatar! It doesn't even look like me!

I hate pictures lol

B

Bar-AKA-Redzer

nah i think GOD GOOD WHAT A HANDSOME CHAP I AM! and i'm not even jokin either LMAO

lunarla

Wow, this thread was made for me, loooool (not in a conceited way, just saying).

I really can't stand to look at photos of myself either, I just cringe and then get really bad feeling'd. I also think that I look different in mirrors too. So I don't know what I look like in reality. If I'm just unphotogenic or what! There are times when I think I'm okay, but other times, I feel like I literally look like a monster and not even human practically :| Also, it's far more difficult for me to look at myself from profile for the most part because my nose isn't the smallest.

I, too, avoid cameras at all costs. This day and age really isn't good for me when if you go out anywhere there's everyone taking photos and then uploading them to facebook in a nano second. Good thing I just don't go out though, loool. But also, if I try and take a picture of myself, it just turns out painfully awkward. So ah. No clue what I look like, good or bad.

Harleyq

Most of the time I look at pictures of myself and go "Do I really look like that!?" When I look in the mirror, I feel pretty but then when I snap a photo, it's all distorted , in my eyes.

I can't stand seeing people take pictures of me, either. The other day, I caught the cook I work with who called me "beautiful" aiming his camera phone at me and I started shaking a little and thinking "That picture's not gonna come out looking so beautiful...."

Lorraine Manca

photos are beyond bizarre. you can line up photos of the same person, and see that they look so different from each other, but its all the same person!!! and most of the time the photo doesnt look anything like the person in real life. Half the time i dont recognize my own photo, cause i know somehow i dont look like that.

maybe because of the whole 2 dimensional thing?