Left sided or right sided ?

• Left sided.

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • Right Sided.

Votes: 69 65.1%
  • Something else??

Votes: 12 11.3%

• Total voters
Here is a test for those who aren't sure- there are others, but this is the first one that came up when I googled it. And there's nothing "wrong" or "bad" about either- I'd say that most people have some characteristics of both, with one just being more dominant than the other.

Hemispheric Dominance Test determine if your left or right brain hemisphere is dominant

My left side is definitely more dominant.

"You responded as a right brained person to 8 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 10 questions."

Does that mean my brain can't make it's mind up which side is dominant? :D

LittleKitty

I wasn't sure so I did some more research and found these. I would say I am more right sided then left.

LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses logic
detail oriented
facts rule
words and language
present and past
math and science
can comprehend
knowing
acknowledges
order/pattern perception
knows object name
reality based
forms strategies
practical
safe

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses feeling
"big picture" oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking

Illusions

Most tests tell me I'm more left-sided than right-sided, but not by much. I'm very rational but I do have many right-brain characteristics.

Silatuyok

I don't trust that test, haha. :)
I feel pretty equal in my sidedness. I'm also ambidextrous, which is an interesting correlation.

deSided.

According to the test - You responded as a right brained person to 13 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 5 questions.

MrJones

"You responded as a right brained person to 12 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 6questions."

I thought I'd be more balanced or even left sided *shrugs*

Phoenixx

I just took a little test thing last week in my Guided Imagery class and I got an equal number for both right brain and left brain.

I remember taking tests in the past and getting more right brained results rather than left.

Personally, I think I'm just slightly more right brain than left. My right brain is more dominant, but I do have a lot of left-brain characteristics too, I've noticed. Too bad being good at math can't be one of them. :rolleyes:

Luka

I think I'm right-sided if I'm left-handed? Although it's not necessarily true, I just think I'm more artistic than logical.

Luka

Oh wow, I just took the Hemispheric Dominance Test and got 0 questions as a right-brained person and 18 questions to the left-brained person. Completely contradicts what I just said above^ haha.