I've had enough... I'm leaving

foxdude

wow, what you are doing is like a dream to me. wish i could join you...

by the way as far as SA is concerned, all those who say this will not help, i believe are wrong. i think a year in the wilderness would be better than any kind of therapy from a human being.

explain, please :)
how is completely breaking with society, giving up almost every form of social contact a good thing. Sure, at first it's gonna be a relieve, living 24/7 without the stress of SA...
But if you ever plan to come back (which I hope this guy/woman will :) ) then in the end, you will make things worse for yourself...This might be an experience that changes your life, it will worsen your SA...
but then again, its his/her choice, he/she knows best :) sry I forgot your sex ::p:

FOR REAL

Banned
By the way - the breaking point for me to decide I'll do this is watching "Alone in the Wilderness" which is a great documentary about a man living in the wild for 35years on Alaska.

ive seen that "alone in the wilderness" i think its great, so talented the way he made his home by chopping angles into trees
i only dream of that kind of stuff
if youve got facebook you should add 'ed wardle' hes done everest etc
look up "alone in the wild" it was on channel 4 here in scotland

i hope it goes well :)

Lorraine Manca

i admire you alot for that, thats really great. id do the same thing in a heartbeat if i were brave enough or able to actually plan it all out. i really hope it goes well for you.

KiaraBlue

I must agree with fox dude. I think this isn't a good resolution for your problem. It's nice that you have the place to sometimes 'run away' and rest from people and so on..but leaving for a few years..hm. Don't you think that it would be harder for you when you come back? Btw, I've been thinking about the same thing..but when I thougt about it good I know that leaving isn't the answer.. If you think that it is I am behind you 100% and wish you all the best even I don't know you.. :)

Love_Etc

People, let me clarify this out.
I am not leaving to heal my condition. I am leaving because I would like to live like that at least for some time. My SA isn't so hard on me - I'm not even sure I have SA. I just have trouble looking people in the eyes sometimes and I avoid occassions where you would have to sit at a table full of people talking. I have no problem with speaking to people or eating in public or things like that althought it was hard in the past for me to do that.
I am feeling bad sitting in front of computer or doing useless things like most people in city do. I want to feel that I myself am responsible for my well being. I love the feeling when I do something outside or build something up. Even if it's just to stretch me out a bit.
I really can't can't live in the city. I want nature.

Krista

You're also my hero. Just makes me feel like what I want to do is just as possible. I mean obviously it is, just need to get the balls to do it.

arsenalwa

People, let me clarify this out.
I am not leaving to heal my condition. I am leaving because I would like to live like that at least for some time. My SA isn't so hard on me - I'm not even sure I have SA. I just have trouble looking people in the eyes sometimes and I avoid occassions where you would have to sit at a table full of people talking. I have no problem with speaking to people or eating in public or things like that althought it was hard in the past for me to do that.
I am feeling bad sitting in front of computer or doing useless things like most people in city do. I want to feel that I myself am responsible for my well being. I love the feeling when I do something outside or build something up. Even if it's just to stretch me out a bit.
I really can't can't live in the city. I want nature.

That's what I thought too. Every word you said here goes for me too, apart from that maybe my SA is a bit worse. But yeah I'd do the same too, not to heal SA or anything but cause city life ain't for me too. That's why Lost is my favourite TV show ::p:

I think it's wonderful what you're trying to do. It's great that you had some early experience with your grandfather. I'd like to do the same thing actually, not so much due to SA, but it would be nice to be as self sufficient as possible.

Have you planned how you will take care of every day needs? If you haven't heard of Daniel Suelo, check him out.

Love_Etc

Thanks for good wishes!
I've appointed the date when this adventure will finally start - It will be on 6th of January due to some personal reasons and Christmas coming up tomorrow.

Oh and Merry Christmas (although I must admit something I have on my mind - why are atheists like me celebrating Christmas? It's like people are soo two-faced - they take from something only what they like. But i have to celebrate it, it's something that "all" people around here do.)

Lea

Banned
Oh and Merry Christmas (although I must admit something I have on my mind - why are atheists like me celebrating Christmas? It's like people are soo two-faced - they take from something only what they like. But i have to celebrate it, it's something that "all" people around here do.)

I was wondering this too - why atheists celebrate christmas. It's because it lost it's original christian meaning - nobody cares about the birth or some Jesus in Bethlehem, it's all about slaughtering animals or fish for dinner (according to the country), having a christmas tree and a lot of presents (which today are rarely given from love, but because it's done). Or christmas parties etc. People like celebrating, no matter what it is.