it's that time of year...... :)

agoraphobickatie

...well, almost! lol

halloween! are any of you dressing up for halloween? this year i'm going with my sister and niece to take her trick-or-treating and i kind of want to dress up! lol.. my niece is 8, she's going to be a genie.. originally she wanted to be katy perry and me be lady gaga, lmao! she's a trip!

anyway, i've never been able to take her trick-or-treating before because she has always lived far from me, but now i've moved and we live together :) so i'm excited to go and i'm interested in y'alls halloween costume ideas so maybe i can come up with a good one!!

...so spill it!!

B

Beatrice

Yesssss, I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I don't have any Halloween plans yet, but I'll either find someone on campus who is throwing a party (or maybe a school event or something), or I'll go trick-or-treating with my siblings. I can't think of what I want to be for a costume, though. I'd actually like to go as a video game character of some sort. I'll have to browse around online.

Agent_Violet

we're throwing our annual halloween party...typically guests arrive at around 8pm and the party doesn't stop til around 6am;)

i LOVE halloween!! I can dress up and pretend to be someone else or hide behind a mask:D

This I'm going to be mary antionette and he is going to dress as the executioner.

happy halloween!!!

¯\(º_o)/¯

Im going as bill the butcher :p
one in front
gangster_movies_gangs_of_new_york2.jpg

I'm not doing anything. The only reason I like Halloween is because it means Thanksgiving, Christmas, and snow are right around the corner. :)

Blabla..

What i love about Halloween is the atmosphere , seeing all the decorations , but i don't think i will ever have the chance to participate again .

Weakminded

This sounds lame but I'm already thinking of skipping any Halloween parties this year. I know my freinds are gonna wanna drag me to one but I know it's gonna be the same as last year or the last party I went to..I'm just gonna stand there all awkward with a cup in my hand until the alcohol makes me comfortable enough to not care that I look weird and that I'm not talking to anybody. And trust me everybody always wonders what the he'll that guy is thinking.

ScaredToBreathe

oooooooo i love Halloween it's always been so fun especially when i was younger. I'm a witch and Halloween is one of the main holidays i celebrate it's called Samhain (sow-en) and its the witches' new year :)

i am a horror fan so i LOVE seeing everyone in their scary costumes at night and all the halloween decorations, makes me feel like im in a horror movie or something.. idk what im gonna be for Halloween, i was thinking maybe i'd do skelital-looking make-up on my face, i dont have a lot of costumes or things so i cant do anything too comlex. and i may even go treat-or-treating, even though i feel too old to, but there's nothing wrong with it is there, it's fun walking around at night and i get free junk food...it's win-win... i dont see how so many people see Halloween as a "little kid" kind of holiday, it's all about zombies and murders and horror and free food and it's so fun! ::p:

MaliceInWickedland

I haven't really celebrated Halloween since the 6th grade. Although after a lot of persuading, a good friend of mine got me to dress up and go trick or treating with her and her little brothers last year. I went as Alice, she went as the Mad Hatter, and her little brothers were Dee and Dum! It was so fun! For once I was able to feel like a kid again. I loved it :D

No true Halloween for me this year though. That friend of mine moved to Arizona for college and there's absolutely no way in hell I'm going trick or treating by myself and being all self conscious. None of my other friends are into trick or treating. They go to parties and raves instead, get drunk, get freaky with strangers... all that "fun" stuff. Ugh, that's reminds me... there's going to be a Halloween rave nearby and my friends are already threatening to drag me to it. Yeah, I'll go crawl somewhere and die before that happens...

Anyway, as always, I'll just spend my Halloween watching a marathon montage of horror movies to satisfy the gore w**** in me while binging on sinfully glorious amounts of my favorite candy ^________^

I love Halloween! I have some great ideas for a costume also. Last year I actually had a girlfriend who had kids, so we took them out trick or treating for a few hours, then we went to our own Halloween party. I normally don't like going to house parties, but for some reason dressing up and having drinks makes things easier.

This year I hope to go out of town for Halloween and also dress up. I just need to decide on what I'm going to be!

LifeInternal88

We don't really have halloween here. But I have seen some groups dress up for parties these days.

I remember when I was really young some of the neighbourhood kids got together to go trick-or-treating (we'd watched a lot of American movies). So we dressed up. And marched on to the first house, rang the bell. "Trick-or-treat!". The lady was like: "What? what is that ?" SO, we explained it to her. And she was like:"Oh ya, I think I've seen something like that one TV"

Well, this happened at almost all the houses. The wierd looks, then the explaining. Obviously no one was prepared - had no treats. Some people who felt bad tried to give us money.

So, to all the Americans: Do kids really go trick-or-treating ? And is it like it is on TV? I saw it again on desperate housewives last year.

Anyway, needless to say - we never went trick-or-treating ever again.

agoraphobickatie

We don't really have halloween here. But I have seen some groups dress up for parties these days.

I remember when I was really young some of the neighbourhood kids got together to go trick-or-treating (we'd watched a lot of American movies). So we dressed up. And marched on to the first house, rang the bell. "Trick-or-treat!". The lady was like: "What? what is that ?" SO, we explained it to her. And she was like:"Oh ya, I think I've seen something like that one TV"

Well, this happened at almost all the houses. The wierd looks, then the explaining. Obviously no one was prepared - had no treats. Some people who felt bad tried to give us money.

So, to all the Americans: Do kids really go trick-or-treating ? And is it like it is on TV? I saw it again on desperate housewives last year.

awww, where are you?? in america, kids really do go trick-or-treating every halloween.. it's common for kids up to the age of 12 or so to go, not many older kids go trick or treating, usually they go to get togethers or parties..

¯\(º_o)/¯

Yes american kids really go trick or treating, walk around the neighborhood late at night asking for candy haha. Used to be that way anyways, nowdays most parents are to scared to let kids out, in my area people give out candy in a church parking lot before it gets dark :/ sooooo boring haha

LifeInternal88

awww, where are you?? in america, kids really do go trick-or-treating every halloween.. it's common for kids up to the age of 12 or so to go, not many older kids go trick or treating, usually they go to get togethers or parties..

Oh cool.

South Africa. But that was ten years ago - doubt much has changed :) The get togethers are getting popular tho.

Yes american kids really go trick or treating, walk around the neighborhood late at night asking for candy haha. Used to be that way anyways, nowdays most parents are to scared to let kids out, in my area people give out candy in a church parking lot before it gets dark :/ sooooo boring haha

lol those dangerous people spoiling kinds fun.

Deus_Ex_Lemur

LOL! But I'm afraid the pics would scare all of Spw! ::p:

Yeah seeing them may make us all cat-atonic - with envy! :D You wouldn't scare a soul! Even so it'd be Halloween =D

Not really big on Halloween... though I love the leftover 'treats' and secretly hope that nobody comes to the door. More for my fat belleh *burp*

Wait they do Halloween in the UK? *steals Twiggle's leftover's*

megalon

I haven't done anything for halloween since I was 11 or 12 but my brother for the last few years has wanted me to team up with him so we can go to some bar or something as the MacManus brothers from Boondock Saints.

Again

Eh, I'll probably be sitting in front of the computer. Just the same as every year and every day. I would love to go somewhere sometime but I really haven't got anywhere to go.

Tiercel

Someone I don't really know at all is having a zombie themed Halloween party on the 22nd. I'm still not sure if I'm gonna go or not. I normally dread the drinking and socializing type of party, but this one will have zombies....