Israeli/Palestinian Conflict

Honda

With having the intense situation in the middle east and the news spicing up stories and events about the Palestinian/Israeli conflict. Along with crazy propaganda. I really want to talk to someone inside Israel, know whats going on and share their pts of view... Anyone from Israel?
Im from Dubai btw, might call me the enemy, i would say the same also but since were both humans maybe we can talk...

I'm not necessarily from Israel, but I've talked to (online) some of the people there who serve on the military. It's a very complicated issue...

Honda

^ Quite complicated indeed... The only solution imo, is to kill the heresy of both sides but its not easy to let go..

^ Quite complicated indeed... The only solution imo, is to kill the heresy of both sides but its not easy to let go..

There comes a point when conflicts take a life of its own, almost independent of the people involved in it... Btw, Dubai... has some of the highest towers in the world, no? Quite amazing how you guys manage to keep some greenery there despite it being a desert by nature... (correct me if I'm wrong)

Tiercel

I don't know how the Israelis and Palestinians see their conflict, but I wish the U.S. would stop thinking we'll be able to bring a satisfying resolution to the matter. I don't think we're neutral enough to host any sort of peace talks.

Every time a U.S. official, diplomat, or whoever announces another round of peace talks I wonder about their arrogance. What makes them think they will be able to find an amicable solution when all other attempts by Americans have failed? I'm sure someone will eventually get the credit for it, but I doubt it will be a politician from the USA....

:rolleyes:

Honda

There comes a point when conflicts take a life of its own, almost independent of the people involved in it... Btw, Dubai... has some of the highest towers in the world, no? Quite amazing how you guys manage to keep some greenery there despite it being a desert by nature... (correct me if I'm wrong)

I dont want to talk about it on a political scale but talk about the things that those fat-ass politicians to dont care about.. I know Israel will not go anywhere but this hate, heresy and intensity should be stopped... The problem comes from the fact that politics keeps fueling conflict in the area so things stay as they are... Sometimes i imagine if people drop nationality and religion such wars wouldn't exist from the 1st place...

Thers isnt much greenery there but for 6 months of the year the climate is unbearable.. Im not a local there im an expat from Syria, i lived there most of my life.. Good place, you can compare it to KL, Malaysia or Singapore..

I don't know how the Israelis and Palestinians see their conflict, but I wish the U.S. would stop thinking we'll be able to bring a satisfying resolution to the matter. I don't think we're neutral enough to host any sort of peace talks.

Every time a U.S. official, diplomat, or whoever announces another round of peace talks I wonder about their arrogance. What makes them think they will be able to find an amicable solution when all other attempts by Americans have failed? I'm sure someone will eventually get the credit for it, but I doubt it will be a politician from the USA....

:rolleyes:

They dont they just pass by to check if their business is doing well in the middle east and leave... If only they worry about the problems happening on their own soil....

Last edited:

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Nope, not while our government is giving $3 billion in aid to Israel per year, mostly in the form of direct military grants. With another estimated $1.5 to 2 billion in more complex and harder to monitor ways.

Luke1993

In one of my college classes a couple of months ago, we were asked an off topic question by the teacher if we knew anything about the Israel/Palestine conflict and none of us including me knew anything about it which shocked him, I felt so ashamed since it's often talked about, and I feel so ignorant. All I know is that America is on Israel's side, and that Bin Laden said 9/11 happened because of issues in Palestine.

So could someone please explain to me how it all started and why? I never learnt anything about it in school....sorry for being an idiot.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
1917: Britain says 'Hey, you know, the Jewish people really need a country they can call their own. How about...here!'

Arab people already living there says 'Wut?'

1947: The U.N. says 'Hey, let's make the area into 2 states, one for Jews, one for Arabs. That way everybody's happy!'

All the neighboring Arab nations and the Arab people in the area involved say 'Um, no.'

1948: Israel says 'Screw you Britain, we don't need ya! Also, let's call ourselves Israel. Cool, huh?'

U.S. says 'Yeah, sounds groovy.'

Civil war breaks out immediately between the Jewish and Arab states, and all the neighboring Arab states attack.

1949: ceasefire agreement reached.

1964-1967 The War over Water: Israel says to Syria and Lebanon 'That stuff you're drinking--mine!'.

1967: Israel says 'That land you're standing on--mine!' and occupies the West Bank and Gaza Strip to this day, in violation of international law and against U.N. decree.

Around this time, the U.S. decides that if war breaks out in the region, it's going to end up being us versus the Soviets, so let's give Israel lots of money and arms. 'That will make us safe from attack! Oh, and how sad that there's conflict in this region. So sad. ::(: I have no idea why suddenly the Arab nations don't like us anymore. Let's arrange some nifty peace talks.'

And pretty much more of the same to present day.

And everyone lived happily ever after!

Honda

^ u know even if they want or believe that they have a right in this state, the fashion and the manner it was formed on was good enough to leave a mark of hate and conflict 60 years ago.. I hate religions because they were and still are a major drive in many of today's conflicts.. I know there are people inside Israel that understand and see the big picture... I mean were all humans in the end...

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Hmm... I always thought that it was more than that, but perhaps I'm mistaken.

Oh, it may be, and I suspect it is, but a lot of the money is indirect and difficult to show ties to. I'm just talking about stuff I could find reliable official sources for.

If you try researching it, you come across a lot of wacko OMGTHEJEWSRUNTHEWORLD crap.

Oh, it may be, and I suspect it is, but a lot of the money is indirect and difficult to show ties to. I'm just talking about stuff I could find reliable official sources for.

If you try researching it, you come across a lot of wacko OMGTHEJEWSRUNTHEWORLD crap.

In a way they do. Whoever holds the purse strings often holds the power. And the Jews are the ORIGINAL bankers who practically invented banking (IIRC) and are experts at abusing the powers of compound interests.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Have you actually researched who the wealthiest people, companies, and organizations are? Do you know who's really holding the purse strings? I'd like to know how you figure they're mostly Jews.

Remus

Staff member
Be careful where this topic is going people. It's about building bridges not burning them.

Have you actually researched who the wealthiest people, companies, and organizations are? Do you know who's really holding the purse strings? I'd like to know how you figure they're mostly Jews.

Yes I have done research. But I cannot quote it since it's what do they call it... implicit memory? Can't recall where i got the information from, except that I have it. The sources could be wrong though. I'm sure you're always right though, since you seem like a very intelligent guy who always try and back up little thing he says with research. Good in the sciences too IIRC.

Lol... don't listen to me man. What do I know? I'm sure your great intellect baffles my own.