Is it wrong that I find women attractive?

FriendlyShadow

I'm not entirely sure that I'm gay/bisexual, but people with feminine faces and qaulities always seemed to me make me attracted to them more, however, I think that I find a lot of certain women that are attractive, maybe someone like Winona Ryder from Girl Interrupted, Sissy Spacek from Carrie, etc. The main reason I may particularly like these kinds of girls is because of their "girl next door" interestingly, unique appearances. Not to say that I don't find any guys I thought to be attractive to my tastes, but I'm always aroused by woman whom are naturally pretty like that. I don't know if any of you ever had similar feelings of the same sex male/female. I've never experienced a relationship before so I'm not sure if I'd ever want to be with either sex or not yet...

Sacrament

I'm assuming you're a girl, but either way, there's nothing wrong with it. I'm not gay and I can rationally make the observation that this or that guy is attractive. Besides, whether you're gay, straight or bi doesn't matter, as long as it's what feels right for you.

dannyboy65

There is nothing wrong with that. You can't control how you feel. I for one do not find guys attractive but everyone's chemistry is different.

I find women attractive. I'm a guy, so it's expected, but if it's not wrong for me, I don't see how it can be wrong for anyone else.

It's not unusual to have moments of confusion before you find out what it is you really want. Just don't let anybody tell you that you're wrong because of what you want or don't want.

Hell, I like looking at naked women. As far as I know I'm straight. I kissed a girl once and felt more weird about it than anything and I have no desire to get frisky with a woman but I find them hot, which seems illogical. My sister is bisexual and she insists I must be at least bicurious if I find naked women sexy, but I really don't think so *shrug*

Anyway it's probably normal and certainly not wrong - how could it be wrong? You like what you like, as long as it's not harming anyone :p I think sexuality exists on a spectrum where some people fall to either extreme and others somewhere in the middle if that makes sense.

Last edited:

EscapeArtist

it sounds like you're in a place where you're simply wandering through your sexuality. That's fine, let it flow so you can figure yourself out! Winona ryder from girl interrupted, lol that was one of my first girl crushes, and i am definitely gay, the difference is that i've never had a crush on a guy. A lot of straight girl have 'girl-crushes' on girls, sometimes it's just admiration, sometimes it's a sign. It's not about finding somebody pretty, it's that heart fluttering nervousness you get when a person you're attracted to is around, the one that makes you nervous and excited, not just sexually. Whether you're gay, bisexual or straight, it doesn't matter, you should embrace it and feel free to explore it without bias.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body.

Seriously though, when I was a teen through to my young twenties, the people I hung out with it would have literally been signing my own death warrant if I had said I found guys attractive - not that I ever did find them attractive.

But as I've gotten older, I CAN admit to a guy being 'good looking' or handsome (from what I consider what women might find attractive in a guy).

I'm not gay but I'm all for equal rights and think everyone deserves to find happiness.
So I don't think its a good or bad thing if you find the same sex attractive.
Being gay is no longer 'special' either. If you're gay you're just... gay.

Well that's here in the land of OZ anyway. I'm sure those gay people living in the middle east would feel differently..

Megaten

Ah welcome to the man club. We have long known that women possess magical powers that make it hard to resist them. :giggle:

Ithior

I personally sometimes find myself appreciating men. I don't think it's sexual attraction, I think it's more like "I'd like to look like that/I wouldn't mind looking like that". I don't want to get frisky with them.

FriendlyShadow

Thanks to all that answered. Yeah, maybe I'm just curious about my own sex life and maybe since I've never been in a relationship before, I'm more enthralled of both gender sexes. I, myself, feel that I tend to behave more in a sort of nerdy(peter parker syndrome), guyish way rather than a typical preppy, high maintenance girl or a girl that's outgoing and teases me around a lot. This is partly why I can relate to more actors than I can with actresses, mainly because I have the mind of fantasizng a lot of sex and intimacy, and maybe I might sound like a pervert as that. I do admit to watching most p*rn videos since it gives me a chance to relieve some of the pressure and stress that my mind is running through, including myself. It may be very rare if there was ever a movie/show where a girl actually checks other women out anywhere(beach, stores, ect), if she is actually attracted to women than guys and things that that specific girl is gorgeous or beautiful. I don't know if people see it as a weird thing because there's always these people who hold their religion and use it against others that a man should be with a woman and that's the way it is. It's usually that you just see a man checking out a woman or a woman checking out a guys muscles or the two in a relationship.

Last edited:

FriendlyShadow

By the way, I'd like to attain most gentleman qualities that make me not just as feminine for example, holding the doors for someone, always respect the other person, being courteous, giving flowers and candy to my loved one, ect.

Odo

Banned
It's pretty easy to look at consumer culture and its idealized images and personalities and find them attractive.

The reality of it is very different from the fantasy.

If you want to know if it's okay to be gay, then the answer is yes-- and it seems to be getting easier and easier with each passing year.

But I would wait until you find yourself attracted to an actual person before you pronounce yourself gay.

w*n*c*a*m

If you're aroused then you are prolly gay/bi. Embrace it and accept yourself. Nothing's wrong with that.

DepravedFurball

By the way, I'd like to attain most gentleman qualities that make me not just as feminine for example, holding the doors for someone, always respect the other person, being courteous, giving flowers and candy to my loved one, ect.

That's just being called an attentive, affectionate lover. Or, 'not being a d*ck'.

Regardless, individuals approach sexuality differently, and what feels proper for one might be different for another. Just don't base your views on what anyone else thinks.

^.^

Those aren't "gentleman" qualities, they're just nice qualities, for anybody.

If you're aroused then you are prolly gay/bi. Embrace it and accept yourself. Nothing's wrong with that.

I don't know, man. I have nothing against being bi and wouldn't mind admitting it if I was, but I haven't found myself interested in women in that way beyond looking at them. The OP could be bi but I wouldn't assume she is just because she finds women sexually attractive (unless I am just a weird exception because I do sort of find them sexually attractive, strictly visually).

Should this be in the Adults Only section? :p

SmileMore

I'm not sexually attracted to women (i'm female) but i've seen pretty celebrities or whatever and thought they were beautiful. Nothing wrong with being gay though.

w*n*c*a*m

I don't know, man. I have nothing against being bi and wouldn't mind admitting it if I was, but I haven't found myself interested in women in that way beyond looking at them. The OP could be bi but I wouldn't assume she is just because she finds women sexually attractive (unless I am just a weird exception because I do sort of find them sexually attractive, strictly visually).

Should this be in the Adults Only section? :p

Well she mentioned the word 'aroused' so....

I mean I get attracted to women too but not in the sense that I will feel aroused. That's gotta be something...

Maybe she needs to explore herself.