Is it common to feel much younger than you age

alwayssunnyinphiladelphia

I dont feel adult like everyone else. I feel like a wee baby boy still. I dont know how to descrive it, just had one of those really horrible ****ing days where every social interaction goes wrong.

this_portrait

Sometimes I feel like a little kid in comparison to everyone else in my age group due to my lack of experience in interacting with my peers and in relationships and sex.

But then I look at a lot of the behavior that takes place in those categories, and all of a sudden I feel more mature.

Lamb

Sometimes I feel like a little kid in comparison to everyone else in my age group due to my lack of experience in interacting with my peers and in relationships and sex.

But then I look at a lot of the behavior that takes place in those categories, and all of a sudden I feel more mature.

Yes! ^ Agreed. I'm sorry you had a bad day. =/

WishingICould

Exactly. I feel like a kid sometimes because I can't do things like speak on the phone but at the same time i feel a lot older than people my age. I've never been interested in parties and drinking.

Kiwong

At 50 being told I look younger than I am, and to be so physically active at my age I see as a positive.

ImNotMyIllness

I'm totally a kid at heart. I love playing tag with my nephews and video games. I think I will always be this way. I'm still mature in other areas. I tutor my nephews and try to keep them on a straight path but I love just playing around and being goofy.

Some people act so old and sour. I can't relate to them. Even when I'm 80(if I make it to that age) I will be young at heart. Being curious, having a sense of adventure and awe, always looking for an opportunity to crack a joke, that's the way I live.

Geo

Oh yeah. I'm 17 and when I'm around other people my age I get even more self-conscious than usual cause the guys are usually bigger with a beard and stuff. I'm..pretty scrawny,and I have a babier face than other guys at my school do. Not to mention my voice is high for someone who went puberty.

WishingICould

Although, when it comes to how i look, i still get ID'd. I'm nearly 26 but people seem to think i look 18. I don't know why.

drganon

It depends on the situation. When anyone ever talks about sex or relationships, I feel like a stupid kid (no offense to younger members of this site) because I have no experience what so ever.

Klonoa

In general, I feel child-like, I still have a hard-time realizing I'm 22 and I just finished college, and I tend to act my age (or at least coldly analyze situation) when its necessary, but overall, I tend to love childish things (hence my username and avatar, the Klonoa games might as well reflect part of my own childishness, and personality around my friends that are trust-worthy (especially a female-friend of mine who's 6 years older than me, we've been friends since I was a kid, and she treats me rather motherly, its hard acting my age with her, heh...), I get along better with my younger nephews and nieces than my cousins and older members of my family, and still collect a few figures from time to time.

Lately, however, I think my tendence to act younger than I am is what ruins my attempts to relationships, seems like I don't inspire an "air of protection", but rather a childish one. Doesn't help I'm less sexual and more... overly-romantic it borders on diabetes sweetness. And that's assuming I get to more-or-less overcome my extreme shyness and I get to talk to a girl, let alone become close enough to ask her out.

But I think I rather be who I am instead of pretending who I'm not.

Wahoo~

laure15

Some people think I'm still in high school when I'm not. I probably look 5-6 years younger than I am. Also, it's weird how some younger kids look so much older than I do. They are taller and stronger, they date, they go to parties, etc. They already have much experience in dating, sex, career, and socialization. I can't really say they are "mature" though.

BigJoe82

I dont feel adult like everyone else. I feel like a wee baby boy still. I dont know how to descrive it, just had one of those really horrible ****ing days where every social interaction goes wrong.

i know exactly how you feel... i am 30 years old but i still feel like i'm 16. i think farts are funny, i like cartoons, video games are my life. i am not a mature person i'm sure it is the anti social thing.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
i know exactly how you feel... i am 30 years old but i still feel like i'm 16. i think farts are funny, i like cartoons, video games are my life. i am not a mature person i'm sure it is the anti social thing.

Never change who you are. No, it's not the "anti social" thing. It's merely a personality trait. A good trait.

alwayssunnyinphiladelphia

I didnt mean younger than my age like laughing at immature stuff like farts lol, the only cartoon I watch is South Park. Example my friend has a job and goes out every day and acts like a normal human being, like i am not emotionally developed or something **** it i dont even care anymore really depressed tired havent been sleeping well

squidgee

You can still be mature and think farts are funny. I think farts are funny, unless you're the one who farts and everybody hears it and chuckles quietly.

Liliford_

I personally feel, mind wise, older than my age (19) I act completely different from other people in my age group. I don't smoke, don't drink, don't date. I feel incredibly uncomfortable at parties. Casual sex, No. Essentionally everything my age group is sterotyped to do, I don't.
So, just be who you are. Others will learn to accept you for it.

ImNotMyIllness

In general, I feel child-like, I still have a hard-time realizing I'm 22 and I just finished college, and I tend to act my age (or at least coldly analyze situation) when its necessary, but overall, I tend to love childish things (hence my username and avatar, the Klonoa games might as well reflect part of my own childishness, and personality around my friends that are trust-worthy (especially a female-friend of mine who's 6 years older than me, we've been friends since I was a kid, and she treats me rather motherly, its hard acting my age with her, heh...), I get along better with my younger nephews and nieces than my cousins and older members of my family, and still collect a few figures from time to time.

Lately, however, I think my tendence to act younger than I am is what ruins my attempts to relationships, seems like I don't inspire an "air of protection", but rather a childish one. Doesn't help I'm less sexual and more... overly-romantic it borders on diabetes sweetness. And that's assuming I get to more-or-less overcome my extreme shyness and I get to talk to a girl, let alone become close enough to ask her out.

But I think I rather be who I am instead of pretending who I'm not.

Wahoo~

You sound like a very cool guy. Don't change!