Is anyone else like this?

Pvt

I'll be the first to admit that I let people walk all over me. Don't get me wrong, I get mentally pissed off when I feel like I've been served an injustice, but I just never have the guts to do anything about it in an effort to avoid embarrassment.

For example, my mum will literally jump out of the car when we've stopped at the traffic lights and go give the driver behind us an earful over their apparent 'bad driving skills'. Every time I protest and tell her to just forget it, I'm not only told by her that I'm overreacting, but also by my little sister who also happens to be a major extrovert. Meanwhile, I just want to hide under a rock.

Is anyone else like this or is it just me?

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I'll be the first to admit that I let people walk all over me. Don't get me wrong, I get mentally pissed off when I feel like I've been served an injustice, but I just never have the guts to do anything about it in an effort to avoid embarrassment.

For example, my mum will literally jump out of the car when we've stopped at the traffic lights and go give the driver behind us an earful over their apparent 'bad driving skills'. Every time I protest and tell her to just forget it, I'm not only told by her that I'm overreacting, but also by my little sister who also happens to be a major extrovert. Meanwhile, I just want to hide under a rock.

Oh, aye, ah can relate 100%. So it's no' just you. Believe me yer not alone, there.

But with me it's no' so much the avoidin' of embarrassment, but more the fear that ah'll fleein' off the handle in a verbal rage. But then, being Scottish, ah've got a tendency to yell loudly when am pissed. So ye'll get an earful o' profanity n' honesty from me... Because am a wee, mad, mental, mouthy f**ker. :ironicsmile: But, yeah, for the reason ah just mentioned, ah don't really huv the guts to stand up for maself.

Even though, ah should. :idontknow:

Silatuyok

Yes. This is why I'm working 40 hours on Christmas week while everyone else is on vacation. I don't have the cojones to put my foot down and say, "I earned this week just like everyone else." Makes a person feel rather small.

Agent_Violet

I keep quiet about most things bc many things really aren't worth the rise in blood pressure.The older I get the more I let roll off so I can keep having a pleasant day.

The thing that your mom does is ridiculous. She isn't teaching that person anything they don't already know.They just don't give a flip about the rest of the world.

Narcissism is running rampant these days so you may as well choose your battles and try to have a good day with less stress. In other words,ignore the idiots bc for every one that you tantrum on,there's about a thousand waiting in line to p*ss you off.

laure15

This is why I become passive aggressive. Because I don't have the guts to confront people, I express my rage in subtle ways. But if I can, I avoid such people so I won't have to deal with them again.

IcedEarth25

I'm not so much like this but I know a guy at work who is what you have mentioned here, he lets people walk all over him and piss him off, as a result he walks round frowning and fuming if you like but he won't say anything cause he claims they won't listen....well how does he know if he won't talk to people about it.

MikeyC

Your mum's actions there were extremely...well, extreme. I don't know anyone who would do that. I don't think what she did means someone has walked over you, either. That's more of your mum's hot-headedness getting the better of her.

Anyway, no, you're not alone here. I suffer the same affliction.

Yes. This is why I'm working 40 hours on Christmas week while everyone else is on vacation. I don't have the cojones to put my foot down and say, "I earned this week just like everyone else." Makes a person feel rather small.
I'm sorry, Marie. Is there a possibility of getting time off later on in January? That might actually be more beneficial since the hubbub of Christmas and New Year's is over and you can relax with a book, your cats, and some cold weather. :) I know you like that stuff. :)

I keep quiet about most things bc many things really aren't worth the rise in blood pressure.The older I get the more I let roll off so I can keep having a pleasant day.
Agent_Violet, how can I unhook your brain and connect it to me? You seems to be getting happier and better with everything, from the posts that I've seen of you recently, and this is a great trait to let things roll off you (but also keeping your confidence). I wish to be like you one day. :thumbup:

Agent_Violet

Agent_Violet, how can I unhook your brain and connect it to me? You seems to be getting happier and better with everything, from the posts that I've seen of you recently, and this is a great trait to let things roll off you (but also keeping your confidence). I wish to be like you one day. :thumbup:

I don't know honey,it's probably a combination of getting older and realizing not every thing has to be a battle/struggle. Picking and choosing what you'll allow into your heart and your life helps too instead of letting every thing in no matter how it makes you feel.

It's a lesson in learning to let things go when they truly do not matter. I've been talking to a lot of senior citizens lately for some reason and the things they care about seem so much more important than the things I worry about.It really gives perspective on the situation of life.

MikeyC

I don't know honey,it's probably a combination of getting older and realizing not every thing has to be a battle/struggle. Picking and choosing what you'll allow into your heart and your life helps too instead of letting every thing in no matter how it makes you feel.

It's a lesson in learning to let things go when they truly do not matter. I've been talking to a lot of senior citizens lately for some reason and the things they care about seem so much more important than the things I worry about.It really gives perspective on the situation of life.
It's something I still have to work on, I suppose, but I like the way you think. :thumbup: You are someone I aspire to be...except in male form, haha.