IQ-What's yours?

I'm far too afraid of what my result would be, so I'd rather not know. I would never allow myself to be tested. Besides, the IQ test is widely criticized and its ability to measure intelligence is in question.

Remus

Staff member
I have a high IQ but did very poorly at school due to my dyslexia, this was the reason they tested me in the first place. I've really struggled with academia ever since, it's like I have all these ideas and thoughts but have a hard time to translate them into anything understandable.

IQ tests are like sesame street 'one of these things is not like the others' maybe some people are just good at IQ tests? I don't feel gifted in any way shape or form :/

Last edited:

DanFC

I got one as a kid, 135. IQ tests are designed only for a certain structure of thinking, that's why there are study books on it.

I'm more towards Gardner's theory of multiple intelligences. I think Da Vinci also expressed this multiple aspect of intelligence in his own way. These multiple intelligences together with character and discipline will greatly influence one's life.

Then on the flip side, there's also disadvantages like excessive anxieties, depression and so on... It's been noted in some papers that the very intelligent and those who score extremely low on IQ tests both are more prone to depression (if memory serves)...

It's also very hard to use IQ tests to test solely on a person's fluid intelligence. Some of the crystallized intelligence or prior knowledge will usually help the person. As for myself, I don't think I'm very smart. I'm with Leonardo Da Vinci who believes very strongly in visual intelligence and unfortunately, I'm just not very good at it at the moment. I also could use more discipline which in my opinion is absolutely vital to put any kind of intelligence to real use.

Rexus

and no whining about me lying or it not being true. why would I post it to start with? e-ego?

Tiercel

Never had one administered, and never want one to be. I'd just end up in the sad reality of knowing I'm not as smart as I always thought I was.

:D

huzzah

119. ::(: But it was an online test and I hear those don't mean crap, so yeah...I'm just gonna go with that.

coyote

and no whining about me lying or it not being true. why would I post it to start with? e-ego?

yes, isn't it nice to see a thread where people are actually taking pride in something about themselves?

everybody is awesome!

Pookah

How about SAT scores, that's about all I've taken in the way of standardized testing. :p

Got a 1340. 800 verbal 540 math. (Out of 800 and 800 = 1600.)

Pookah

Highly inaccurate on several levels, but just for shats and giggles:

http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/SATIQ.aspx

But 1340 is bad a$$, fo sho. :D I only got a 1260 (breakdown similiar to yours except the less points part haha). If they'd replace the Math section with a Sexual Innuendo/Double Entendre section, I would've done much better.

I think I did poorly on certain geometry things and probably algebra. I can't remember how to determine angles and crap like that half the time. Word problems I am good at though.

coyote

I never took the SAT. I got a 31 on the ACT (in 1981).

Can we compare the size of our genitals next?

Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit

I have absolutely no idea, really. I'm probably either average or below average. I don't like online tests. They either suck, or I suck at taking them. One time I got like a 127, and another time like a 35. I don't think I really care that much anyways, or really want to know for that matter.