IQ-What's yours?

bigrob

I generally test between 125-135, depending on the test and how bad my ADD is acting up that day.

I actually scored high enough once that I was offered membership to the International High IQ Society which requires a person be in the 95th percentile.

Ironically, if I take a EI (which rates social ability and empathy) test is score in the high 70's. ::eek::

I guess that should've been a clue to my social phobia huh? ::p:

mrb

mrb moving a refrigerator....

picture.php

you might laugh but we do that with sofas a lot mate ... and its always me on the ladder , im silly like that :D i just say dudes it will fit through that window :confused: get the ladder .... iv never been beaten by a sofa yet .....;)

chrisjurban

above 160...i usually dont tell people because it makes me feel alienated. in some situations. there are also times during which i'll feel like a complete idiot because my brain doesn't seem to be working...the result of anxiety.

The one I took in psych class I scored a 136-146, but I don't know how accurate that was (did get the highest score in class though:))

Being to intelligent isn't a good thing though, like this guy.
William James Sidis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gah... I suddenly feel even dumber than usual! But more than that, it's tragic that a lot of these brilliant minds can't achieve their potential simply because those who are different than them choose to persecute them... I'm not talking about intellectual differences, but outright bullying. Like how those older kids bullied him and later on his older students as well who were giving him problems...

We could have had the solution to global warming, power shortages, famine... etc... from this guy, it's a possibility.. but no. He had to be bullied just because he had the crime of being different.

Johno

This question is rather typical of subjects that exude symptoms of social anxiety... The answer to your question is this......... I don't know what my IQ is...... All I know is this. I am above average height, looks and IQ............ I am happy to be above average.....I love my complicated and confused life.... This is who Iam and more, if you stay tuned,,, LOLLLLLLLL...

systemanic

Around 130-140 (which seems quite common in this thread .. and maybe on spw site? .. and maybe people with SA/etc??)

As was said, having a high IQ does boost your self-confidence. Nothing wrong with that ;)

But as far as practicality in the real world is concerned (what i call "life-confidence" - your overall success/hapiness/etc with life), i read somewhere recently that having a high IQ provides a certain fraction of (potential) success - say 20%, with the remaining being determined by "the other intelligences" (by that guy M... mentioned before in this thread)

Also the term "intelligent" should probably not be associated (soley) with the term "IQ", as both are misnomers, and can get you into "trouble". For instance telling somone your IQ and them thinking & maybe replying 'you must be really intelligent'. All highQers i suspect, develop "issues" because of it (feeling superior, thinking they are (or should be) "intelligent" in everything, believing that their "intelligence" is all they need to suceed in life, etc, etc). Basically it creates a set of troublesome misbeliefs, but that's just my personal opinion...

Last edited:

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Oh people are posting their SAT scores on here too.
730 math, 640 reading, and less than stellar score in writing. 1370 on the first two parts, 1880 overall.

Don't know and don't want to know. It would make me sad to actually see what it is.
I have always wished I could have been born with a higher intellect.