Introvert heroes

Using their inner superpowers to achieve quietly in an extrovert world, who are the introverts, present or past, that you admire?

mazzystarnew.jpg

Hope Sandoval

From HopeSandoval.com :: The Official Website of Hope Sandoval
Hope writes almost all the lyrics for Mazzy Star. Hope is a very shy and private person, and doesn't seem to enjoy the popularity very much. "For me recording is better," says Sandoval. "Live, I just get really nervous. Once you're onstage, you're expected to perform. I don't do that. I always feel awkward about just standing there and not speaking to the audience. It's difficult for me."

YouTube - Into Dust, Mazzy Star
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWvEXChflEE&feature=related

layeazy

eminem is introverted in a way he never did interviews up until now hes hidden his personal life alot and when hes on stage hes on heaps of drugs lol so hes done a great job..

@dottie: is that amelie? :) I've heard it's a good movie (related to SA, still want to see it:))

I think Jewel is a great introvert person, she isn't afraid of singing about emotional stuff, I just get touched by ''Foolish Games'' sometimes I cry when I hear this song ::eek:: or Sensetive, and Hands, Great songs, and I bet she is a great person in real life, as well, respect for this singer ^^

twiggle

good taste ^

fictional ok? if so:

800x600.jpg

Top choice, dottie.

This film is the best film to watch, alone. And one of the most heart-warming.
In fact the DVD has managed to land right next to my t.v, right now... I may have to watch this in bed::p:

I love introvert heroes. The quietly contented.

GloomySunday

Obvious choice, probably, but Morrissey (and his band The Smiths) probably did more for me during my adolescence than anyone else.

His wonderful lyrics - turning tales about lost and unrequited love ('I Know It's Over', 'Never Had No One Ever' etc) - into an endlessly quotable art form gets my vote.

Made some good friends back then through him. I figured, "If this person likes Morrissey, then we'll get along fine!"

Good to see Amelie featured here, by the way. Great movie!

Leonardo DiCaprio

never would have guessed he is an introvert
he is one of my favorite actors, i mean.... whats not to like?

Attachments

• leo.jpg
    leo.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 0