Introducing myself, a new newbie

greenolive

Hello everyone, I just wanted to say hi.

I've never really used forums before, except as a lurker so am a little apprehensive!! But it's really encouraging to see people dealing with the same stuff as me, and talking about it.

I'm 27, english and living in south-west england...I've sought help for social anxiety and depression since I was about 23, but know now I was struggling with this all through my teenage years. (really wish I'd started doing something about it then).

I've tried different things: medication, CBT and counselling, and go through good periods where I can throw myself into new projects, travel and stuff.

But I'll have a meltdown every so often where I feel completely isolated, self-conscious, incapable of forming connections with people or behaving 'normally'. I mean, these things are always there in one form or another, but can build up to something overwhelming.

So... looking forward to spending time in the forum! :p

Last edited:

coyote

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

I looove green olives!

martini.jpg

neardeath

welcome I am new also just trying to figure out how best to use this website. I hope you have an easier time than I am!

Xervello

Hello, and welcome! Glad you finally introduced yourself. It can feel liberating posting here. Hope this place, and we, can help. :)