In Therapy for Self Hatred

Bittersweet

I've decided to tackle my self-hatred head on. I'm tired of hating myself.

I've realized that I have to actively work on reprogramming my natural tendency to put myself down about everything.

I'm the only one standing in my way. People treat me the way I allow them to. When I send out the message that I'm not worth their respect, they respond in kind.

I've started a journal on my pc. Everytime I have self-loathing thoughts I type them out. In many cases, seeing the negative messages I tell myself in black and white is enough to break the habit, but I'm going to continue therapy to work on the rest.

Some are so deep that it will take a lot longer to release their grip.

I've been miserable for so long because of nothing more than self-hatred and the pain it brings.

I watched my dad achieve financial and career success, but he was still unhappy because he couldn't accept himself. Nothing was ever good enough to fill the hole inside.

If I can do this, I will feel like I have truly achieved something in my life. Then, I will teach others how to do the same for themselves.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
LikeButton.gif

dyingtolive

this is awesome. are u seeing a therapist or is this what ur describing the therapy? self-therapy

Way to go & keep at it!

IGotSeoul

I'm looking forward to hearing of your progress.

I've got a lot of faith in that outlook and the amount of strength/zeal you possess.

Nanita

I've decided to tackle my self-hatred head on. I'm tired of hating myself.

I've realized that I have to actively work on reprogramming my natural tendency to put myself down about everything.

I'm the only one standing in my way. People treat me the way I allow them to. When I send out the message that I'm not worth their respect, they respond in kind.

I've started a journal on my pc. Everytime I have self-loathing thoughts I type them out. In many cases, seeing the negative messages I tell myself in black and white is enough to break the habit, but I'm going to continue therapy to work on the rest.

Some are so deep that it will take a lot longer to release their grip.

I've been miserable for so long because of nothing more than self-hatred and the pain it brings.

I watched my dad achieve financial and career success, but he was still unhappy because he couldn't accept himself. Nothing was ever good enough to fill the hole inside.

If I can do this, I will feel like I have truly achieved something in my life. Then, I will teach others how to do the same for themselves.

I like it... I have tried something like this. I find it pretty difficult to have the discipline to control my inner voice and the negative way I see myself, blaming myself for this n that. But I will keep trying.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I find it pretty difficult to have the discipline to control my inner voice and the negative way I see myself, blaming myself for this n that. But I will keep trying.
Yes. I have had countless arguments with my inner voice. Fierce ones with lots of yelling on both sides. It's one of the main ways I've been able to make progress with this crap.

Nanita

A therapist I had, told me over n over that everytime I heard a negative comment (in my mind) I should respond; "SHUT UP"! Everytime! I don´t exactly do that anymore.. but.. it might work..

Waybuloo

Typing it out in black and white is a pretty good method. Maybe also say it in your head in a very put on whingey voice or like a clown or like helium voice so it sounds ridiculous. I wouldn't put down my friend about everything she does and is, so I shouldn't do that to myself. I am my own best friend.

You were probably programmed into hating yourself long time ago and that part of the brain that hates yourself grows stronger with every negative affirmation. The more you go the other direction, the more it shrinks and the more you force yourself to look for the good in you and in people, the positive thoughts grow and will become more natural in time.

Bustn Justin

I have been dealing with self hatred for many years. I hate myself since I feel like a failure because everything I do just falls apart. I got to a point that I am always depressed and feelings of worthlessness that got me to hide myself from people. It eventually got me thinking of suicide sometimes since I felt that I am a loser and people would be better off without me around.

Eventuall I opened up and got myself some professional help to help me deal with my self hatred. It takes alot of work to think of what I have accomplished but those things do come up that make me feel better about myself.