I'm baffled by looks...

CrzyDrmr

Yes, that is what all studies say. But in the end, I suppose it is just a matter of personal opinion. What one person might find grotesque, someone else may find dreamy...

I'm baffled by looks <~~ me too

It is purely basic, animalistic, behavior. Attraction and not attraction.
A male bird that is able to ruffle his feathers to appear bigger, stronger than the rest will attract more. (Bit of the birds and bees, yeah :):confused:)

However we being humans and having a more complex mind capable of so much more understanding allows for different choices in what we perceive as attractive. It still is quite animalistic in my opinion.

As to your pictures, CrzyDrmr, I haven't the foggiest idea. Be you and who you are. Bit of advice: don't bother trying to be attractive. Waste of time and energy. Do what you feel is right.

mikebird

Banned
I see a person on your snapshots as the kind of bloke I'd be friends with.

I take it your question is about your attractiveness?

My thoughts from the title is more about the way people look at me in the street if they're little kids, teenagers, my age, or old people, or people in a suit, someone drinking a bottle of spirit who's dirty, unshaven, few clothes or unable to stand up...

I am paranoid about the way people look at me - strangers or people I see most days, but who I don't know... They don't know me, but I'm not comfortable when people look away or just frown at me... I think it's my paranoia, and I try to ignore them. Every day's different.

Helmaninquiel

Honestly I think that people like confidence both in guys and girls. Unfortunately even if it's fake which really pisses me off cause I don't go for that cause I can see right through people. I don't like fake confidence but a lot of people don't notice.

mikebird

Banned
Honestly I think that people like confidence both in guys and girls. Unfortunately even if it's fake which really pisses me off cause I don't go for that cause I can see right through people. I don't like fake confidence but a lot of people don't notice.

Yep. You're right. It could be a bit of both, but I think confidence is paramount, and overdoing it or ie. being brash puts me off a lot.

I like a person with intelligence and understanding of everything is what I like, rather than just being noisy

Deus_Ex_Lemur

It's confidence you don't have to think about. That's what makes me interested. You can tell. When just comes "natural" or, better or worse, are who you are. Fake confidence only can go so far. (I know from experience =D

Minty

Good hygiene is important to most girls. You don't have to be high maintenance. Just make sure your hair isn't greasy, your clothes aren't stained, you brush your teeth, etc. Girls pick up on detail very quickly compared to guys and will notice even if your guy friends don't.

CrzyDrmr

I too always wonder what random people think of me. Whether it be kids, adults, women, doesn't matter. Not that it matters to me because it really doesn't, more just a point of interest. I think there really is no definite answer as to whether or not someone is attractive, it's all a matter of opinion. I've never been the most confident person around, but I'd would rather be that way than feign confidence as mentioned before.

Helmaninquiel

Yep. You're right. It could be a bit of both, but I think confidence is paramount, and overdoing it or ie. being brash puts me off a lot.

I like a person with intelligence and understanding of everything is what I like, rather than just being noisy

Yeah your completely like me. See my friends don't pick me I pick them and I can only hangout with real, down to earth people. What really makes me mad is when people try to cover up there confidence level by hurting people and picking out others flaws and using that to cover up there own.

Last edited:

Waybuloo

Good hygiene is important to most girls. You don't have to be high maintenance. Just make sure your hair isn't greasy, your clothes aren't stained, you brush your teeth, etc. Girls pick up on detail very quickly compared to guys and will notice even if your guy friends don't.

Yep hygiene and presentation are important, that means no greasy hair, no bad breath, and no bad smells (which includes strong deodorants and cologne erggh). TBH I would take BO over cologne any day, it makes me want to avoid the guy instantly. Also dress in a way that reflects your own style and preferences, but pants hanging low showing your undies is a big nono.

Attachments below
I would say you are definitely attractive in terms of genetics. You do seem a bit untidy or unkempt but that could be because you're just buming around at home or having a bad mood or something.

Different women have different tastes. Generally, most women (in terms of looks) tend to look for signs of health and fertility. That being said, other factors than looks play a vital role as well.

Leonardo DiCaprio, Cristiano Ronaldo, Crown Prince Haakon, Jay-Z and Brad Pitt are all considered attractive, but they don't physically resemble each other.

I agree that different women have different tastes, which is why the second part of your post is a contradiction. I've never in my life found any of those male celebrities attractive. I remember growing up seeing the magazine features swooning over Brad Pitt and I didn't see what the fuss was about. He is just a bit of a pretty boy and has no masculine features and no personal appeal to me. Of course that's my interpretation and others might find him attractive, but that doesn't mean he should be portrayed universally as the hottest guy on earth, as the media has done. Same goes for Ronaldo. Jay-Z? Nah.

I prefer a down to Earth kind of guy who has nice features and isn't too metrosexual. At the end of the day it's down to personal chemistry shared between any two individual. Looking at a picture in the magazine can be misleading because things like pheromones, personal hygiene, mannerism and personality play a big part in attraction when meeting in person.

Also the media keeps telling us who we should find attractive i.e. Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt etc..only rarely do they hit the spot for me. So if I were a guy I wouldn't go look into movies and magazines for my inspiration.

doubleM

lots of things make people seem more attractive. personality, power, character, social status, money, etc. jay-z is not a handsome man at all, but he has money and attitude. tom leykis, probably the most misogynistic sumbitch who has ever lived, is an obese radio talkshow host and he gets TONS of women. hes really ugly in my opinion, but hes a millionaire.
i know guys that are worse looking than me but are more outgoing and just have that attitude. they get phone numbers but i get ignored. thats how much looks really matter.

LazyHermitCrab

Casual clothes, muscles, fresh breath, clear face is nice. About your pictures.. you are very cute, but your shirts are a size too big.. i think :p

CrzyDrmr

Casual clothes, muscles, fresh breath, clear face is nice. About your pictures.. you are very cute, but your shirts are a size too big.. i think :p

haha, and I thought they were the right size ;)
Actually most of it is me lol, I'm just kind of tall and workout a lot, so I guess it looks "filled out" for that reason. :)

LazyHermitCrab

haha, and I thought they were the right size ;)
Actually most of it is me lol, I'm just kind of tall and workout a lot, so I guess it looks "filled out" for that reason. :)

When a shirt is tighter (comfortable tight) then it's easier to see your bod :D i'm not exactly a shirt size master though lol

Men's Polos, T Shirts & Fleeces - Men's Pique Polos, Graphic T Shirts, Knits & Men's Crewneck Shirts - J.Crew
^like the green shirt that man is wearing for an example.... the sleeves cling more down

CrzyDrmr

When a shirt is tighter (comfortable tight) then it's easier to see your bod :D i'm not exactly a shirt size master though lol

Men's Polos, T Shirts & Fleeces - Men's Pique Polos, Graphic T Shirts, Knits & Men's Crewneck Shirts - J.Crew
^like the green shirt that man is wearing for an example.... the sleeves cling more down

Got ya ;)
Just kinda used to looser clothes I guess, what with being a little punk teenager some years ago haha. Your right though, I'm just kinda weird about it. Makes me feel like I'm trying to "show off" lol. And I hate that feeling...don't even like walking around w/no shirt in the summer :D

Felgen

It's natures way of saying "this organism is past it's best, move along nothing to see here"

Men are fertile for the rest of their lives, so biologically, it shouldn't matter.

I have less hair now at 22 than I had at the age of 18. Before mass media gained power, pattern baldness was seen as attractive. Balding male chimps are considered more attractive by their female peers as well.

Last edited:

Fighter86

You are a good looking dude actually, you look fit and well built as well. Kind of like Ashton Kutcher, Demi Moore's partner. I imagine, yea, women would hit on you, I think they are hot for you :D

JamesSmith

What are masculine features? A beer gut and a receding hairline?:confused:

No, masculine features are other things, the main thing being social confidence. Society relates manliness to men who talk a lot and are socially adequate. It's why so many men on here such as myself (I'm not speaking out of turn here) are criticized often with effeminate insults. Shy guy literally equals little girl to many people.

The way you carry yourself is enormous if you are a guy. People, not just women, can pick up of social body language. This is something that often can't even be nurtured, it's either you have it or you don't in many cases. When push comes to shove, many of these manly men are just blessed with manliness, as funny as that sounds.

As for the beer gut and receding hairline, those things are almost always weaknesses and are looked down upon in a huge majority of cases. Some women may find those things attractive, but that is rare. Especially rare w/ the beer gut thing.