If you're lonely on Thanksgiving...

Silatuyok

Consider visiting others who are lonely as well. I'm sure many nursing homes will be accepting visitors, or head out to your local animal shelter to hang out with the homeless animals. Whoever you end up visiting, I'm sure they will be very grateful!

MikeyC

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Australia, but that's a very nice thought if people are considering that. :)

WeirdyMcGee

Our thanksgiving was last month and I ended up spending it with my grandma and dad and uncles.

The nursing home is always a great idea!
Volunteering during the holidays is something I wish I could do now and will definitely do in the future.

MollyBeGood

someone said aptly..."Thanksgiving is a Toast To Genocide" white European people came to the America's and proceeded to slaughter all Native Americans after having a nice feast with them that they, the native's provided.

So yes, be Thankful if your country doesn't celebrate it, tbh.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I would much rather do community service than go to thanksgiving dinner, but I do not think canceling 7 hours before would sit well with my mother. I'm sure everyone would notice I wasn't there, considering my contributions to the conversations. :rolleyes:

Remus

Staff member
狼;544018 said:
someone said aptly..."Thanksgiving is a Toast To Genocide" white European people came to the America's and proceeded to slaughter all Native Americans after having a nice feast with them that they, the native's provided.

Hey, don't blame us! You were still massacring them 100 years after independence!

Last edited:

Silatuyok

狼;544018 said:

So yes, be Thankful if your country doesn't celebrate it, tbh.

Nice, I love it when someone takes my effort at positivity and turns it into something sh*tty. I give up.