If you woke up tomorrow without SA/SP, what would you do?

sleepysparrow

Acme said:
sleepysparrow said:
I would go back to art school and spend more time on my work and maybe sell it, or I would be a photographer, or I would play guitar in a band, or solo, and finish writing my own songs. I would be an activist for human rights or an environmentalist - someone who travels everywhere working for the good of humanity. I would work with children or people with disabilities, or open up a shelter. Maybe I would be an oneirologist, or a scientist, I don't know! There's a million things i'm interested in but I lack motivation and confidence to do anything. I am also limited because I am too afraid of getting involved with people, that's why I feel guilt all the time because I could be doing so much more.

Hey Sleepy. I can relate to what you're saying. I have the potential to be able to do a lot more but am limited due to my SA. I don't feel guilt about it though. This is not my fault (or yours). I didn't ask for this SA card - for me it was just dealt to me in this existence via bad genes.

BTW, I hope you finish / continue to write your own songs. I know I'd like to hear them. I couldn't make it without music. :D

Thanks a lot for your nice response. If I could write something that I felt good enough about I would show you, and maybe I will some day. I know, I couldn't live without music either. I hope you keep trying to do whatever you want to do as well and that everything works out for you.

For the first time I'd call my friend and ask him to go to the movies on a Friday night when its really busy.

I'd finally make the 30 minute drive to Bush Gardens and have a blast all day long and maybe meet some nice lady friends, who knows?

I'd get a job and start saving up and next year I'd travel to Germany and Austria all by myself because I would have no worries.

So many things I don't allow myself to do right now, my dad wants to take me to concerts and pro sports games all the time, I appreciate him asking me but I'm so tired of telling him no, wish he'd just stop.

dottie

Angel_Of_Death said:
I would strengthen the bonds within my own family and build relationships with people at work and school.

that's a good one. i would also dance, be silly, and be more affectionate. i would look people in the eye, smile appreciatively, and not expect them to fuck me over. everything i am bad at.

sabbath

Banned
I'd become a public speaker and try to educate people about social anxiety disorder, selective mutism, agoraphobia, etc. I'd explain that people who suffer from these diseases can't speak up for themselves.

Either that or charge people to hear me speak and buy my "cure", just kidding.

TheRadicalAnxiousLefty

Great post suggestion BTW!

1. Start looking for a job way more aggressively.
2. Move into a share-house with a bunch of young people.
3. Go to uni all the time, and attend heaps of social events.
4. Pay off my debts, and think about going over to Germany for a while.
5. Either (a) finish my science degree, attend a bunch of career sessions and science symposiums, interact with my professors and so forth, getting it downpat what I want to do in science, OR (b) put my degree on hold, work for a while, save up for a new drumkit, being really thrifty with my spending, and join a band, all the while working full time and making new friends.
6. Get a FCKIN girlfriend!!!
7. Start hitting the gym again.
8. Not go out every weekend, but go out enough that I have a reasonable social life

Section_31

this one is hard to answer. I honestly cant imagine what id be like or what i would do.

I just wouldnt be "me"

¯\(º_o)/¯

Get a better job
go back to school
find me a girl to settle down with
go to italy, and other parts of europe
Just to name a few

RandyMarsh

I would go back to school, go to the gym because I'm too thin and my body has like no muscle at all. I would talk to girls I used to know from school, there is so many things I would do.

MrJones

I wouldn't recognize myself, but in case it could be possible, maybe I'd try to:

Fly abroad, alone. Start a new life somewhere else.

Meet new people, make friends. Real friends.

Try to find a good job.

Start living a real life, a good life. And if I could find someone with whom to share it... my life would be perfect.

tovoxy

Go to a musical school, form my own band, travel, travel, travel, take part in different social activities, and make a lot of friends
And of course PARTY!!!!
And just be happy....

Invisibleman

I wouldn't recognize myself, but in case it could be possible, maybe I'd try to:

Fly abroad, alone. Start a new life somewhere else.

Meet new people, make friends. Real friends.

Try to find a good job.

Start living a real life, a good life. And if I could find someone with whom to share it... my life would be perfect.

^this exactly.

B

Beatrice

I'd go out and just be really really sociable. As it is, I don't hide in my dorm or anything (like I did at my other college, plus it was hard not to since it was such a small campus). I make an effort to put myself out there as much as possible. But I'm not SA-free by any means, and sometimes I'm too tired from the anxiety to make an effort.

So, yes. Go out and mingle..... more.

Kiwong

I would do the same things as I do now, although I wouldn't feel as much pain and sadness trying to interact with people.

razzle dazzle rose

If I woke up tomorrow without SA, I'd head out of the house and...

make small talk with strangers on the bus. I'd say something random just for the hell of it, and not care what they think. I'd smile at all the little kids I'd pass, and pet all the doggies people were walking and ask them about their names. I'd have lunch at one of those little trendy places I see and am curious about but never go to because they intimidate me, and I'd ask the waiter for his recommendations... I'd smile at that cute guy across the room...

I'd interact more. I'd stop hiding.

And then I'd do all the things I've been wanting to do and accomplish for so long but don't because I am bound and tied to this cage, this hell of my own making. I'd be free!!!

*sigh*