If we all met in one place...

hippiechild

i'd kiss everyone on the cheek, give everyone a hug, and use a broom to bat everybody out of their hiding places. it'd be funner i think, if everyone brought their dogs. i think it'd be neat to have so many sensitive people in one place.

<3 :D
You're awesome!

206Raider

it would still be split in small groups, depending on the severity of people's SA. I think some people would talk a lot and some not so much

Pink_Paula

I'd try my best to talk to people then i would get totally embarrassed at my lack of conversational skills so i would run away and hide in the corner like everyone else

This would be very awesome! I agree it would be split into small groups but then we would all realize everyone is going through what we are and start mingling amongst eachother.

Has anyone ever organized an SA meet? Im sorry i'm still new to the boards so I dont know if its been done.

Why

i would be neutral

im way more comfortable and outgoing with shy ppl than outgoing ppl

Thanks to everyone for their input!

I would probably stuff my face just to appear busy and less awkward. Maybe taking frequent breaks by walking around the block, pretending that I'm doing something on my phone, sitting down in a corner waiting for someone to approach me first, etc. If I happened to talk to someone, I would probably feel more at ease since I know they deal with the same problem.

Last edited:

gsmax5

Hypothetically, if we were all forced to meet in person, in a large room, what would you be doing? Leaving immediately? Mingling? Standing in the corner and hoping no one comes near you?

Wanna know what will happen if we all met in a room?

This is what will happen: There will be a handful of people who come that aren't shy at all. They will do all the talking while everyone else just stands around and wishes they were part of the conversation.

Then, a bunch of people will go home crying knowing that they failed to socialize, even in a room with people they thought were like themselves.

Wow, that sounded a lot more depressing than I intended for it to sound.

shore_of_glass

This is what will happen: There will be a handful of people who come that aren't shy at all. They will do all the talking while everyone else just stands around and wishes they were part of the conversation.

Then, a bunch of people will go home crying knowing that they failed to socialize, even in a room with people they thought were like themselves.

that happened to me quite a few times, thinking a certain group of people is similar to me and ending up failing to socialize.

206Raider

Lol that's what I was thinking when I say some people will be more talkative and some won't. And I would call people by their screen name too

Lost Girl

I would go out of my way to seek out the people I've already spoken to on here first, and then I'd just try to mingle with everyone! I think I would really look forward to it :).

Lost Girl

eek. That does sound like a likely scenario though.

jaypee06

thats how i wouldve guessed it to turn out... and probably the reason i back out at the last second

SickCycleCarousel

I would be standing against a wall, looking around with an awkward, blushing smile on my face and nervously pulling at my fingers & clothes.

I would be open to talk to anyone who approached me, though, I probably wouldn't know what to say besides "yeah" and I would laugh nervously a lot.