I think I've been hacked...

FriendlyShadow

I don't know if I should name any user of who hacked me, but it had something to with Islamic states and it showed quite a disturbing video of children and families being murdered while this guy singing a poem about it. Whatever it was, it really did give me a scare and I don't know if anyone has come across this....

lunaticbinge

iVHfwLc.gif

hoddesdon

It would appear that the website hack is activating and deactivating at regular intervals.

Can't the site just be rolled back (an earlier backup copy reinstated or copied over the top of the current version) to before the hack? Posts since that time would be lost, but it would be worth it.

surewhynot

Can't the site just be rolled back (an earlier backup copy reinstated or copied over the top of the current version) to before the hack? Posts since that time would be lost, but it would be worth it.

Then you'd just get hacked again. You need to find the security leak and fix it.

Remus

Staff member
I go on holiday for a week and it all goes mental lol. I'll inform the webhamster

HexNoir

Sounds pretty spooky to me. I'm glad I returned from my lengthy hiatus after this ordeal.

I might be wrong about this, but maybe browser extensions like Web Of Trust would block out any kind of malicious redirect, if that's what it was doing. I don't know what drives people to do stuff like that.