I need job suggestions!

EnigmatiConduit

Hi,

I'm 19.. haven't done any study after highschool and i just need a job, any job really.. that pays ok and i can actually do.

I really want to find a job that doesn't involve too much contact with people.. like retail, receptionist.. those kinds of jobs are out, but have the most availability. I am not sure what else i can do...

Does anyone have any ideas of what i could do???

Thanks i appreciate any feedback.

Bittersweet

Are you particular about how physical the job is?

What about stocking shelves at a supermarket?

How do you feel about working a night shift?

EnigmatiConduit

I'm a girl...and in a relationship, so trucking isn't really an ideal option.. thanks though...

supermarket stocking... that's an idea.. thanks

Josette

When I was your age, I worked in the kitchen at a retirement home. I washed a lot of dishes, but I didn't have to speak to anyone much. I also cleaned houses (horrible work). You have to at least talk to the client hiring you for that job--although, you could look for work with a cleaning service. They book the jobs and just send you out and you don't really talk to anyone.

Admin work can actually be fairly isolated if it's data entry type work. I have one employee who I suspect is SA and she just comes in and shuts her door and doesn't speak to another soul the entire day. I give her assignments via email, and I specifically don't make her interact with people because a) she really doesn't want to and b) she's terrible at it.

I know a person in New Zealand who actually had a job transcribing captions (i.e. closed captions for TV). Just watched TV and typed all day; that seemed like a pretty cool job to me.

security
bldg%20&%20security%20monitor.jpg

I'd love to do this, could I have one screen on spw?

Bloir

Cleaning...You know, i was working with kids but in september i will back to find a job and i think it is better to clean a house or caring an old people that working in a shop, it is my opinion
they are normally more difficult but it is not neccesary social contact
you can get a job like this because thousand of people avoid them

good luck

Nanita

Cleaning...You know, i was working with kids but in september i will back to find a job and i think it is better to clean a house or caring an old people that working in a shop, it is my opinion
they are normally more difficult but it is not neccesary social contact
you can get a job like this because thousand of people avoid them

good luck

I also think that cleaning jobs can be very good.. Much better than working in say a shop or in a restaurant. The circumstances need to be acceptable though, should not be too hard physically, cause it can destroy your back.

I´ve had many parttime cleaning jobs in private homes (Great because it´s easy and I can be ALONE, and people are so happy to get their house cleaned)
Also had a cleaning job in a school, which was way too hard on me physically, and sometimes there would be people present, which was hard on me "emotionally".

Last edited:

caringsoul

Banned
warehouse, stock room, library ... or set up your own buisness. self-employed.

there are print room jobs, u just have to sit there and print stuff and burn cd..
can try out photography company...

i knew someone who had social anxiety too which was why she wanted to transfer department and she said its lonely down there.. but she is fine with it.

but i suggest working somewhere where u can get in contact with human interaction to improve ur sa. you can start small and gradually it will improve ur confidences.

if u have skills, u should put it in use and make money from it. do u have any crafty talent? .. i mean u prob aint going to find alot of money from it, but it can make some $_$ .. and then sell it on sites like etsy.com

Last edited:

EnigmatiConduit

Um... hopefully not being sexist or anything but how does a girl get a job in security? Would'nt even know how to go about getting that??

AE!

Hi,

I'm 19.. haven't done any study after highschool and i just need a job, any job really.. that pays ok and i can actually do.

I really want to find a job that doesn't involve too much contact with people.. like retail, receptionist.. those kinds of jobs are out, but have the most availability. I am not sure what else i can do...

Does anyone have any ideas of what i could do???

Thanks i appreciate any feedback.

if you have social phobia you'd better look for a self-employed or have a business

The things is, that even though it might sound great to have a that is mostly done is complete soltitute, it might actually cause more damage. So I'd strongly suggest you look for a small shop somewhere, and apply there. Small shops have a tendency to be more polite and caring towards customers/employees. In my personal experience at least.

Mickery

Couldn't agree more. Avoiding the problem is fine to some extent, but you're digging yourself a hole in the long-run. Been there, done that.

coyote

911 telecommunicator

you do everything over the phone or radio - no one sees you tucked away in your little room

it is very fulfilling - you get to save peoples' lives and stuff

and the pay is good at busy agencies in cities with a large tax base