I have turned my life around and so can you

montejocarlo

i'm also here for the first time after a long time. maybe more than 6 months. and i feel way better than i used to. i thinks it helps to take a break from hiding and to actually immerse yourself into the society. meeting people and getting to know them helps a lot, imo. it's scary at first and frustrating if it backfires, but it does get easier. people are just as scared and fragile as you are. you'll know that when you take time and effort to reach them.

MikeyC

i'm also here for the first time after a long time. maybe more than 6 months. and i feel way better than i used to. i thinks it helps to take a break from hiding and to actually immerse yourself into the society. meeting people and getting to know them helps a lot, imo. it's scary at first and frustrating if it backfires, but it does get easier. people are just as scared and fragile as you are. you'll know that when you take time and effort to reach them.
Hey, this is why I haven't seen you in ages! I'm glad to hear it's because of a positive change. I'm happy for you, my friend! :thumbup:

montejocarlo

Hey, this is why I haven't seen you in ages! I'm glad to hear it's because of a positive change. I'm happy for you, my friend! :thumbup:

hello Mikey! i'm glad you remember me. :bigsmile:

i have to admit that i got lucky. i was offered a job and it helped me a lot. i didn't want it at first because i was scared that i'd mess up, but i'm glad my parents forced me to accept it.

it's nice to see you and everyone again. :)

Kiwong

i have to admit that i got lucky. i was offered a job and it helped me a lot. i didn't want it at first because i was scared that i'd mess up, but i'm glad my parents forced me to accept it.

Good on you Montejocarlo, well done, it nice to know you are doing well.

MikeyC

I do remember you, and I'm very happy to hear that you've got a job and doing really well. I hope this continues! :thumbup:

Richey

well done, you are a great example of turning things around.

but from what I have learnt, some people just have limitations based on their own personal traits and unique personality.

You probably had something in your personality that just needed to be switched on, and you found it, which is great.

But some people wouldn't be able to take it that far. They could improve slowly with a lot of experiences and training, hard work and all of that.

I will give you an example. I have a friend who is really witty, very nice, very cool, but at work he doesn't say a lot. Is a completely different person there. Finds it hard.

So its very complex to analyse or to say that just anyone can do it.

How much of that comes down to genes, physical looks, unique personality, upbringing, ability to learn, understanding concepts and dynamics of information, pain threshold of dealing with other people, tone of voice, social energy, inward happiness, knowledge, interests .etc. etc. etc.

Last edited:

Bronson99

How much of that comes down to genes, physical looks, unique personality, upbringing, ability to learn, understanding concepts and dynamics of information, pain threshold of dealing with other people, tone of voice, social energy, inward happiness, knowledge, interests .etc. etc. etc.

Social skills are not dependent on intellect. At least not when you consider cases of gifted people with Asperger's, or autistic savants.

springk

Hi emre good to see you overcoming your fears.
Hope you have a great year ahead and achieve things you want.