I finally made it there!

shakethelight

I finally made it to the gym this morning. I forgot how much I loved working out and how GREAT I feel afterwards. I always feel so silly when I accomplish the gym because it's like "wow, I was scared to do that?" No body looked at me funny or was rude. I did the whole look around when I walked in to see if what I thought was all in my head and like always, it was. Thanks to everyone who was so helpful last week and encourging. I just hope I can keep this up.::p:

Ashiene

I finally made it to the gym this morning. I forgot how much I loved working out and how GREAT I feel afterwards. I always feel so silly when I accomplish the gym because it's like "wow, I was scared to do that?" No body looked at me funny or was rude. I did the whole look around when I walked in to see if what I thought was all in my head and like always, it was. Thanks to everyone who was so helpful last week and encourging. I just hope I can keep this up.::p:

Hey I'm glad you manage to get the courage to go for it.

I would like to go to the gym or to work out, but I keep feeling so disgusted of myself and my body and I feel like I don't deserve to look good or to have a nice body. Every time I try to work out, I feel like people are going to think things about me such as those I mentioned...so I put it off altogether, and also I have no motivation anymore. I used to work out a lot as well as swim but now I can't even show my half-naked body at the pool I feel so hideous.

vylorna

That's so nice to hear :D I'm glad you made it! Just keep focussing on the awesome feeling you get when working out, the rest doesn't matter. I love these kinda positive threads, motivates me to start doing more aswell!

shakethelight

Hey I'm glad you manage to get the courage to go for it.

I would like to go to the gym or to work out, but I keep feeling so disgusted of myself and my body and I feel like I don't deserve to look good or to have a nice body. Every time I try to work out, I feel like people are going to think things about me such as those I mentioned...so I put it off altogether, and also I have no motivation anymore. I used to work out a lot as well as swim but now I can't even show my half-naked body at the pool I feel so hideous.

YOU to DESERVE to look good and be HEALTHY. I was stuck for years-trapped because all I cared about is what others thought about me. I missed out on a lot and I still do. But, no body should ever take away your right to be happy or healthy. If you like working out? go for it. Getting out of the house even just for that little bit of time does help. and if you want to swim again? you should. I know its very hard to take that first step but its worth it in the end. no body is hideous. I believe everyone is beautful in their on way. and no body deff doesn't deserve to be miserable. well, except my ex:rolleyes:

shakethelight

I plan on it! Im going tomorrow & friday. I never do weekends and then monday-f. I dont know what I was so afraid of?

gustavofring

I am going too. If I haven't been for very long, I always dread the first time.

But the more you go, it takes the edges off and you can just focus on your training. And exercise is really beneficial for your overall well being. :)

shakethelight

Yah! I hadn't gone in a few weeks and I was just dreading the first day back and my workout deff felt that. But, tomorrow I am not even nervous about going!

Good luck with your workouts too.

I think there should be a gym just for people like us. lol a SA gym. its a nice concept.

Minty

Good job, dude! Not just that you made it to the gym, but also that you're commending yourself for it, as you should. Everyone should feel proud when they face their anxiety. It's truly brave.

Richey

Well done for going along. I should do it again some day. I ended up buying an exercise bike and some weights for home which has been enough, but going to the gym makes it a bit more fun, i still find it uncomfortable though, as i find working out to be a private thing, so doing it in a gym with other people sort of weirds me out a bit, don't know why though.

psych

That's just awesome!
muscles.gif

shakethelight

Good job, dude! Not just that you made it to the gym, but also that you're commending yourself for it, as you should. Everyone should feel proud when they face their anxiety. It's truly brave.

That made me smile, and I really needed too after the night I had. but thank you for such kindness.

shakethelight

Well done for going along. I should do it again some day. I ended up buying an exercise bike and some weights for home which has been enough, but going to the gym makes it a bit more fun, i still find it uncomfortable though, as i find working out to be a private thing, so doing it in a gym with other people sort of weirds me out a bit, don't know why though.

Honestly, I used to really hate going. it took me a long time to join and then a good month or two went by before I could actually go. I started off slow going with my brother but decided I would like to try on my own. I go in the morning so there really isnt anyone there. and my gym has what you call a "theater room" so its dark and nobody can really see eachother lol. You should try it again. It's worth the feeling you get after you accomplish it. but I agree working out with other people weird me out too since its like alll guys when I tend to go. but just push through it!

Nathália

^ Good for you! That is an awesome accomplishment. In no time you're going to be where you want, keep it up.

Last edited:

bcsr

Congrats. I used to dread the gym, I felt embarrassed going in there because I felt so heavy. Been going 4-5 days a week for about 5 months, and I actually feel tired if I don't go now. I don't like missing days.