I don't want to finish high school

MikeyC

Welcome to the forum.

When you leave school, you will not see any of these people again. If you're anything like me, that is.

You can talk to your teachers about why you're so withdrawn. They've already expressed concern about you being so withdrawn so I would definitely choose the teacher you trust the most and talk to them about what's bothering you. Having someone there to talk to about it all is going to help you get through the day. You might even be able to talk to your peers a little bit more having that adult support there.

You're doing well to stay in school and I think you should continue. Good luck.

Lea

Banned
I was exactly like this when I went to school, so I can relate well to what you say. I too wanted to drop off.. I am glad I didn´t though.. esp. in the 2nd and 3th grade I run into serious depression/suicidal thoughts, my grades in some subjects (math, accountancy and some similar ****) were at the lowest bottom which threatened I´d have to repeat class, but I had no capability to do anything with it. Strangely, in the last grade I decided when I´m already here, I try to finish this school and do the final exam. So I started to learn fanatically, and at the exams I knew almost everything. The teachers and classmates were quite amazed :). Anyway, this school was the biggest mistake in my life, but that´s already another topic.

I can´t suggest to you what you should do, it would be easy for me to give advices, but everyone´s situation is so unique.. maybe try to listen to your intuition and find out what seems right to you, or just wait..

Srijita52

I know where you're coming from, what you just said describes me perfectly when I was in highschool. It can help trying to talk to your teachers about it, its definitely not uncommon what you're going through right now. Since its your last year of school, maybe you can avoid your problems for a while and try to concentrate on your studies. Sooner or later you'll have to address your problems though either alone or with the help of a counsellor. Good luck and welcome. :)

TheFlamesWithin

I just joined here myself. Look, hun, you will make your own decisions. But as someone who dropped out of high school in the middle of sophomore year, PLEASE PLEASE don't do it! You are almost there! Think of how accomplished you will feel, you will be so proud of yourself! Do not quit now! ^_^

I know its hard. BELIEVE ME, I empathize completely! You will do what you want, but like many people who had to settle with a lesser degree (G.E.D. here in the states), I wish to God I had finished High School.

It is so worth it, sweetheart!

HappySquidward

Welcome Raichel and Flames. I too think that completing highschool is the best option, especially being so close to the end. Having no friends in highschool does add a special burden to people like us, not to mention all the other school related stress. If their is someone you trust I don't see any problem with discussing this with them. Anyway, what every you do I hope you the best.

Gaucho

hello, i can relate. i also extremely hated my last high school years. every day was a torture. i was just praying every class that the teacher would not ask me. i never thought I'm able to finish it, but it was my job back then, and somehow, i still cant understand how, i managed to pass my exams.

i would recommend to try as hard as you can, because once you have that diploma, no one can take that from you, and you will have many open gates in the future.

yeahyeahyeah

I was the class clown up until i went to high school . Could not stand it . In grade 11 i got up walked out of class over the bridge , tossed my books in the water and hitch hiked home ,that was the end of it for me , could not go back .

not saying you should not stick it out , but i couldn't .

takethislife

Don't drop out!

As you can see you're not the only one who has been there and, I'm not saying it's easy for you, but you could be in much worse situation. For example you're lucky you're not bullied. When I was in HS, i could only wish everybody would just ignore me. Think about it.

As for the excursion, my advice is - don't go. Hanging around is the point of these kind of things, and I'm sorry to say that, but it's probably going to look like exactly as you think it would. So if you have no friends there, seriously my advice is not to go. Kinda an loser advice but, having been there, I just want to spare you that not being a part of a group thing.
By the way where are you from?

High school was the worst time of my life and I'm sure for a LOT of people it was like that so really you're not alone. It's a great feeling when it actually comes to an end.
Don't think about dropping out, think about how one day you're be looking back at this time saying "it's over". I'm there and I can tell you it feels good doing it!
Cheers!

dottie

don't be a fool. stay in school. f'realz.

seriously, though. i relate with everything you said about not relating with others... but dropping out of high school is not going to solve your problems. you will still have social anxiety PLUS be a high school drop out. no.

Nanita

I was the class clown up until i went to high school . Could not stand it . In grade 11 i got up walked out of class over the bridge , tossed my books in the water and hitch hiked home ,that was the end of it for me , could not go back .

not saying you should not stick it out , but i couldn't .

That´s inspiring... I always wanted to walk out and toss books somewhere.

laure15

Raichel, I was like you in high school. I didn't have many friends but I'm lucky that I went to a good school that stressed academics. I enrolled in many advanced placement classes so I didn't get bullied much. I also had a few friends who understood me. During lunchtime, I sit with my friend(s), but when my friend was absent and I had no one to sit with, I would go hide in the bathroom and just eat there. I was afraid of sitting out there in the loud cafeteria all alone.

When I'm in class, I usually talk to guys who are just like me; nerdy and a bit awkward. I feel like I connect better with them. But I don't mind being alone in class; when people are busy socializing with each other, I try to do my homework and study instead.

I have already graduated from high school, but I did consider dropping out of college. College was when h-ll and brimstone started for me. I lived in the dorm for 2 years and people noticed something awkward about me. I didn't have great social skills, so that made things worse. I was isolated, taunted, and bullied. The college that I went to was a big party school, and it was a mistake going there. I finally dropped out of it and switched colleges several times. I didn't feel like I fit in anywhere. I did have suicidal thoughts. But eventually, I'm glad I found a small college near home that I liked.

Anyways, sorry for the long story. Here's my conclusion: Don't drop out of high school. Many jobs today require at least a high school education, and if you don't have that, you'll be at a big disadvantage. Try to finish high school, and if possible, find someone who can teach you communication and social skills. After you complete high school, many doors will open for you. If you want to work alone, maybe consider a career as a truck driver, accountant, pilot, etc.

Raichel

I was the class clown up until i went to high school . Could not stand it . In grade 11 i got up walked out of class over the bridge , tossed my books in the water and hitch hiked home ,that was the end of it for me , could not go back . .

You made me laugh: I just pictured myself doing the same thing, except... I'd probably stand around for a few seconds before diving into the water to save my books. I don't mind studying, I quite like learning new things actually. Just the pressure, stress and drama of fellow students and teachers can be hard to deal with.

cowboyup

Hi and welcome Raichel and Flames :)

Hey, I can relate to your post on so many levels...this coming from someone who has been out of school for over 20 years. My first thought, please do not drop out...but it is YOUR choice.

There is another alternative, I don't know where you are from, but maybe you could look into an independent study or study at home high school program?

They have these school all over here in the US. If you are not from the US, perhaps you could look online or something to see if they offer anything similar in your area.

Good luck and Welcome to SPW

kristina303

I came so close to dropping out of high school my junior year. Don't do it. You're so close to being done and when you get that diploma you're going to feel great about yourself. You've gotten this far you can make it the rest of the year.

Wipeout

Yes..don't drop out. We moved my sophomore year to a new area and I wanted out. It was horrible. I was able to get thru it and so can you. When its really bad just think of the book story:)