I Can Help You Cure Your Blushing

0hs0luckyyx3

That reamins a question. It's designed to stop piles flaring up, and restricting bloodflow around your arse. People are squeamish about applying it to the face for that reason, so even anecdotal evidence about using it is sparse on the internet.

(Being squeamish is just silly: it's being applied before it's come into contact with anyone's piles. It's just a cream containing phenylephrine, a known vasocronstrictor.)

Only true route is to give it a go. If it causes any form of reaction than stop immediately, but otherwise what have you got to lose? Seems to have more medical weight than a lot of the untested quackery floating about the net promising to stem blushing but only getting hopes up unnecessarily!

sorry about the questions lol but what are "piles"?

Stuckwithme

It's all in your head. That's it! One some people it's simply more noticable. They get bloaches on their chest that stays for hours and others just blush a bit on their cheeks and it goes away after a minute.

But ALL people are potential blushers. Some just don't care. Some simply cannot develope an anxiety or phobia because of it. They have other problems.

Most people are more or less social aware and axious but some have more physical symtoms than others.

Some day's when I feel weak or slightly depressed I will blush more. Other day's I feel strong and more confident and I will not blush at all. Not even fear it.

So it is all psychological.

When I think about it, I have only blushed a handfull of times in my life. The problem is obviously not the blushing, but the fear of blushing. I waste my time fearing it while not blushing so much at all. It's like your waiting for that one big showdown in the cafeteria one day when you're gonna blush until you're blue while everyone is watching.

You spend your whole life waiting for and fearing that moment.

What everyone should work on is their confidence.

But I am also aware of that it COULD possibly be a physical factor too since people with hyperhidrosis often also blush. So maybe we get stressed more easy.

TubalCain

Stuckwithme, if you've only blushed a handful of times in your entire life then you are far better off than most of us in this thread. We may blush a handful of times a day. Having more confidence in social situations might help, but how do you gain such confidence when you blush like crazy over every little thing? The blushing itself leads to a loss of confidence. It's a vicious cycle (try to gain confidence by being more social, blushing in social situations and thereby losing more confidence, repeat). I've heard of social and confident people who, once the uncontrollable blushing started, lost that confidence.

P.S. The Paxil is still working well for the blushing and I think the L-methionine/calcium regimen is very slowly decreasing redness when I flush for non-social reasons. If you're going to try this, I recommend doing it for 6-12 months before concluding it does not help you.

0hs0luckyyx3

Stuckwithme, if you've only blushed a handful of times in your entire life then you are far better off than most of us in this thread. We may blush a handful of times a day. Having more confidence in social situations might help, but how do you gain such confidence when you blush like crazy over every little thing? The blushing itself leads to a loss of confidence. It's a vicious cycle (try to gain confidence by being more social, blushing in social situations and thereby losing more confidence, repeat). I've heard of social and confident people who, once the uncontrollable blushing started, lost that confidence.

P.S. The Paxil is still working well for the blushing and I think the L-methionine/calcium regimen is very slowly decreasing redness when I flush for non-social reasons. If you're going to try this, I recommend doing it for 6-12 months before concluding it does not help you.

how long have you been using the L-methionine and calcium?

I stopped using the discs for about a week or so, because I thought they were not helping at all. But I noticed that I started to get redder, so I started on the discs again. The discs do work, but only to an extent, I still don't have the confidence I need to feel comfortable in every day life. If I don't find that comfortability I'm looking for and desperately need, I really don't know what I'm going to do.

(Also, I've read that vitamin B is good for relieving anxiety, incase anyone wants to try)

Stuckwithme

Forget about the bull**** miracle cures as explained here and crap about eating the right food and all of that. What we need is real medicine!

The answer is out there. The ETS operation helps blushers by cutting a nerv connected to the sympathetic nervous system, right? So what this is about is that our fight or flight system is over reacting, which means our heart rate shoots, our palms start sweating and we get tunnel vision. We need a drug that normalize our response without having to cut of nerves.

I've tried propranolol and metoprolol but it's not really helping. Maybe Guanfacine or Clonidine is getting us closer to the answer?

TubalCain

I've tried propranolol and metoprolol but it's not really helping. Maybe Guanfacine or Clonidine is getting us closer to the answer?

I've heard of some blushers who have been helped with Clonidine. It helped me only a little. It seems that different medicines work for different blushers.

Emsworth

It seems weird in this day and age that they still don't know what exactly is happening when we blush.Unfortunately we're still to a certain extent shooting in the dark.
I take clonidine and have found it to be definitely helpful, not much but better than nothing. It is an adrenergic agonist like the stuff (brimonidine) in the Sansrose/Col 118 that we hear so much about so hopefully in the future we'll have it in a more effective topical gel.Though I guess it'll be a couple of years before the slow, slooow testing process is over.
Until then I'll continue to experiment with whatever I can lay my hands on/ convince my doc to prescribe.

0hs0luckyyx3

before I start trying any medications or drugs or anything I'm going to try anything topical that I can get my hands on because I don't want to start getting addicted and making my life really screwed up.. I know that some anxiety nervousness medication can be addictive

I will let you all know how the zenmed and the extress pills(natural and safe) work once I get them.. hopefully these cure me!!

0hs0luckyyx3

before I start trying any medications or drugs or anything I'm going to try anything topical that I can get my hands on because I don't want to start getting addicted and making my life really screwed up.. I know that some anxiety nervousness medication can be addictive

I will let you all know how the zenmed and the extress pills(natural and safe) work once I get them.. hopefully these cure me!! ::eek::

Stuckwithme

Since I have Hypertension, Hyperhidrosis and I have been sort of Hyperactive my whole live, I am guessing all my symtoms, sweating, stress and blushing originates from the same place in the brain and thus I hope Clonidine can be the right drug for me since it is basically used to treat all my symtoms - high blood pressure, sweating and hyperactivness (mild sedative). So I am hoping it will help me stop blushing, or at least blush less and help me not give a ****.

My blushing problem comes in periods. I haven't been thinking too much about it for a long time, but now when it becomes warmer and the daylight is stronger I am more prone to blushing. I don't think my blushing is extreme though. I never flush, I cannot flush and I am southern european so I am far from pale. I think I blush as "normal" people do. I get a little war, probably some redness in the face but it also goes away fairly quick. The problem is though that it comes on so easily and at the wrong times. It would be okay if it only came when giving speeches and stuff, but sitting amongst friends and stuff like that...I just ****ing hate it.

I noticed a lot of people blush though. It's totally normal. I point it out myself to people sometimes (I know I shouldn't) just to see if they react like me and when I do, I see they are more prone to blushing. It's when you start obsessing with it that it becomes a problem.

I don't think there is a total cure for blushing (flushing is totally different aspect) because EVERYONE is a potential blusher. It's how we are anatomically built. The one that cannot blush is the one that is different. BUT, most people don't obsess about it and so they dont even care and it happens less frequently. They might be in a social situation thinking about what to eat tonight while you are a total wreck about not trying to blush.

I personally have periods when I have a "high" and I don't even blush. I can sit at a table and have no problem about socializing. Actually, most usually I can socialize without a problem. My social phobia is not so bad because I love talking to people. I don't fear them at all. I have no problem at keeping a topic alive and quite often I am the central of the debate because people dont know what to say.

The ONLY problem I have is with blushing. That is what is holding me back. That is the ONLY thing that gives me anxiety. The blushing is not a symtom of the anxiety, it IS the anxiety. If I didn't blush, I would rule the ****ing world. That's how I feel. Sometimes I think to myself "maybe I was ment to live with this, otherwise I might have been a total *******".

I blush, but people love me. Never once has anyone turned their back on me because I show signs of weakness when I blush because they know I am not weak and they know I can fight back and that I am smart and have a lot going for me.

So in the end, maybe I am better of as a blusher. Who knows what kind of miserable **** I would have been otherwise. Cocky, self-centered and...alone.

0hs0luckyyx3

The ONLY problem I have is with blushing. That is what is holding me back. That is the ONLY thing that gives me anxiety. The blushing is not a symtom of the anxiety, it IS the anxiety. If I didn't blush, I would rule the ****ing world. That's how I feel. Sometimes I think to myself "maybe I was ment to live with this, otherwise I might have been a total *******".

I feel the SAME exact way. But, since I have irish skin that is fair, I get extremely embarrassed due to flushing, not just a little redness that goes away quickly. I always wonder what kind of life I'd live if I didn't have this problem, how much better it would be..

Stuckwithme

mikanike23, that is easier said than done. It's been said a thousand times and it doesn't work that way. It is an obession and anxiety and they are not always rational.

I learned one thing though. All my life I have always been very outgoing and never had any problems to get friends. But I have always been a bit avoidant which I always thought was because of lazyness, boredom and rebellion. I always said to myself at work, f*ck it, I don't have to go on a coffee break with my work mates because they bore me and I am just unconfortable around those uptights.

But then, quite recently, I began to understand that it was sort of a unvoidant behavior which fed my insecurities. So stubborn as I am, I began to confront it. If I didn't want to go on a coffee break I went on a coffee break. I truly believe that facing your fears is the best way to fight your anxiety. It's a fact for crying out loud.

Quitting your job and hiding all your life is the worst thing you can do to yourself. You are just fooling yourself into thinking that all those situations are dangerous which in fact they are not and which you will learn and experience if you get yourself into those situations.

I am not saying it is easy. My social phobia is not that bad really, maybe because all it depends on is the blushing and I don't even blush very bad. Just a simple blush and it goes away efter a minute. But my anxiety is real and I must fight it just like everyone else.

I went on coffe break today and I cheated by using some avoidance stuff like stand up when it seemed weird to get up and get some water lol. And I bought a sour candy so I could twist my face when I was about to turn red, but all in all I am happy I went because I would feel like a bigger loser if I didn't.

I also noticed a lot of people blush. A co-worker in front of me, she blushed, another co-worker, she blushed too the very same coffee break and also my boss and so on. A real blush fest. I dont give a crap if they blush. It's sweet. It's life. I dont regard any of them as weak. I still have the fullest respekt for them. Maybe more so because the signal they are human.

If you want to use medicines and stuck I say go for it! Whatever helps, but for the love of god, do not avoid every single situation that is unconfortable. Face your fears. It's not going to kill you.

If you met me and you blushed like crazy, I would never regard you as weird. On the contrary, I would find you interesting. A person that is probably well mannered, empathic and intelligent.

0hs0luckyyx3

I've just ordered VAXA Extress Special Offer and Rosacea treatment systems and products from the ZENMED® Skin Support Line? . They both look pretty legit, I read all of the information and it's uses. The topical rosacea treatment is supposed to constrict blood vessels closed to the surface of your skin, or something like that can't remember word for word lol. And the extress is supposed to relieve stress, anxiety, nervousness. I'm praying this works for me!!

Btw, I also agree on the drug thing, I don't want to start taking xanax or any antidepressants, because I am not a depressed person, just an overly nervous one lol depression is not my problem. But my mom was prescribed xanax by her doctor, got addicted, and had to go to rehab. These extress pills are all natural (i think) and there more like a vitamin I think rather a drug.

Also, these products are both fully refundable after a month or two, so if it doesn't work for me, it's going right back, and on to the next one :p

0hs0luckyyx3

the VAXA extress stuff really does promote relaxation.. you start feeling less nervous in like 20 minutes!! I recommend it to anyone who's feeling stressed about a presentation, interview, etc. But you need to take around 2-3 of the pills.. it explains everything on the website that i posted the link to above. If anyone tries them, let me know how they work for you.

Also, I just got the zenmed in the mail today, so I haven't tried it yet. I'll let you know how its working and if i'm seeing any results within about a week.

Keep up your hope everybody!!

0hs0luckyyx3

i think you guys should order it .. you've got nothing to lose, if you don't see results within 60 days you can get a full money return. I'm not sure if it's working quite yet, but then again i've only been using it for 2 weeks and results are said to be noticed within 4-6