I Can Help You Cure Your Blushing

S

SICKNTired

yeah i totally hear ya on that. We should make this thread something in which everyone tries something new and we give each other frequent updates until we all find something that works. I'm 24 years old and so tired of this having a negative impact on my life. How have the discs been working for you the past few days RealRemedy? Still noticing improvement? Mine are in the mail and on the way.

And for all the people on all message boards that are curious..NO EREDICANE does not work. At least for me and two other people I know it had absolutely no positive impact.

RealRemedy

Yeah they work, and I love them. I'm 22 and have been dealing with this since I was 12. I just had a full thyroid workup done so I will see what the results are soon.

SICKNTIRED

Hope your tests went okay. The first thing my doctor mentioned to me when I told him about my "blushing anxiety" was maybe I had a problem with my thyroid. But the test turned out normal. I just got my discs in the mail (damn that was quick). I love how they give you instructions on other steps to take rather than just using their product. Let you guys know how it goes..

0hs0luckyyx3 any updates on how the discs have been for you?

0hs0luckyyx3

so today, I was in a position where my i felt my face heating up and getting red.. but no one commented saying "omg your face is so red!" so I'm not sure if everyone around me was just being nice, or if I really wasn't that red.. RealRemedy have you been in a situation like that since starting the discs?

RealRemedy

Yes I have. You have to realize, blushing is a normal human response to embarrassment, anxiety, excitement, spicy food...ect. Just because other people do not have a blushing problem like we do doesn't mean that they don't blush every once in a while (such as eating a habanero pepper). The same applies for us. It may happen once in a while, but as long as it isn't completely interfering with our everyday routine, it's perfectly normal. We have to train our minds to think past the feeling of blushing in a horrible, absolutely negative way and understand that it could happen from time to time. We have been dealing with this fear for a long time and it has caused some profound trauma in our lives, but if we can learn to take blushing as a normal human response other than a debilitation then that is the first step in conquering this disorder. These discs shrink capillaries. Therefore, the feeling of blushing may still arise though the physical redness may not be as noticeable. I find it interesting that when I do get a tan, I have much less of a problem blushing because I know that even If I do, it will be less noticeable. It's the thought of my face turning very red and gathering NEGATIVE attention from others that scares me.

Pilt

Started the disks yesterday, will post updates. Did not feel any tingling like some of you reported, I was really careful with it being the first time and all, like they suggested in the notes that came with the disks.

@RealRemedy: Did you find flushing to be reduced (exercise, stress, hot food etc), blushing or both? What about any perm redness? I tend to seperate flushing and blushing by blushing being triggered by embarrasment and other social situations, and flushing being everything else.

Also I'm a little unsure of how wet to keep the face when you apply the disks? Dripping wet, or just "glissening" wet? I found that after applying the jojoba oil, the skin wasn't really "100% wet" anymore. Do you splash any extra water on there after the oil?

Cheers.

Last edited:

RealRemedy

All of the redness has been reduced. Blushing is a very rare occurrence now for me, but even when I feel warm I hardly look it. Your face should be wet enough to where the discs slide easily over your skin. I apply them right after I wash my face. I apply jojoba oil before bed, not before I use the disc, just personal preference.

Emmmmy

Hi

sorry if someone has already mentioned this... but I found a DIY way to check your histamine levels, if anyone is interested:

" One way you can test your histamine levels is to buy some nicotinic acid (the niacin that causes the flush) in 50 mg. dose. If you have high histamine levels then you will experience a flush from only 50 mg. dose. If it takes 100 mg. to cause you to flush then you have normal (or balanced) histamine levels. If it takes from 150 mg. to 250 mg. dose of niacin to flush then you have low histamine levels.

To do this test you need to take the dose on an empty stomach. Do not try repeating this test for several hours or it may cause a flush from the accumulation of the two doses. "

I found it here
ACN Forums > Methylation/histamine

:)

0hs0luckyyx3

All of the redness has been reduced. Blushing is a very rare occurrence now for me, but even when I feel warm I hardly look it. Your face should be wet enough to where the discs slide easily over your skin. I apply them right after I wash my face. I apply jojoba oil before bed, not before I use the disc, just personal preference.

does not applying jojoba oil make your skin less red quicker? ive been using a drop of jojoba oil every time before i apply... do you add the jojoba oil right after you use the disk, or wait 10 or so minutes?

Pilt

does not applying jojoba oil make your skin less red quicker? ive been using a drop of jojoba oil every time before i apply... do you add the jojoba oil right after you use the disk, or wait 10 or so minutes?

I tried this and it felt like rubbing sand paper on my face, so I went back to the original method.

RealRemedy

Everyone has their own personal preference. On the plus side, I just got a call from my doctor saying that the extensive thyroid tests show my thyroid is at insanely high levels. :eek:

sk8r3231

my face is always red and warm too. I think it is because I have histadelia. I am very quiet and feel depressed a lot too also i have really bad allergies all the time. All of these symptoms I have make me think I am Histadelic but I am not sure. What comes first allergies or histadelia? and if i treat my histadelia will my red face go away along with my depression? Right now I am taking methionine and calcium three times a day. I have been doing this less then a week so ihavnt felllt any different yet. When will it start working?

RealRemedy

It could mean a lot of things. The flushing could be because of my thyroid. I have to wait and see what the endocrinologist says about it all.

If you feel you have abnormal histamine levels, the best thing to do would be to get a blood test. You won't know until you do. Why take methionine for weeks or months if you aren't sure. I understand you have symptoms of this but you really need to have a blood test to be sure. I would also recommend getting a full thyroid workup done. I just found out I have hyperthyroidism, which could be the cause of your symptoms as well.

R

Redman

Real Remedy - do you mean your TSH was extremely high which would mean you have hypothyroidism? Just curious because I am dealing with that right now.

RealRemedy

I still have to wait for what the endocrinologist says, my appt. is on the 23rd. I haven't seen what my blood test says, all they said was my free T4 was really high.