I am so depressed

Miserum

I can't connect with people.

I am unable to "banter" with the guys without putting forth a massive effort. I feel like people don't respect me and I am ignored. I am not a funny person, and my attempts to be are shrugged off as weird or inappropriate. I am not smart. I am not attractive. I am far behind the curve of where I should be at my age. I can never be myself around people. Fucking never. Not even around my own damn relatives. I don't fit in. Outside of my room, I am afraid. I am afraid of the world.

I don't see how a woman could love me when there are so many other men that are much cooler and more attractive than I am. It feels like a constant competition, because it is a competition... and I cannot compete.

Honestly, I don't know why I put in the effort every day to "be better." Will things really ever get better? What the fuck am I working toward if not?

FML

Sora

I pretty much feel the same but I try to not focus on any of that and just be happy doing what I like, myself.
Sounds crazy but I am going back to pure loner mode at the moment but just interact with people at work.

Try to shift your focus to none of that or what people think and just do what u enjoy. Try to live for the moment.
It is all pointless to be honest but just got to try enjoy the things u like.

Hi.I know it's tough but working towards stopping thinking 'I can not..'.
Will help you alot in the long run.Your putting limitations on what you are capable of.You find bantering hard and so do I but you have done it.So have I.Which therefore means you can do it.Thats a positive to hold on to.

I know it's hard to stay motivated to keep putting yourself out there emotionally.But keeping trying to push yourself.Thats what I do even though like you it's not easy.Its better to try and fail than not to try at all.

Hope thinks get less hard for you soon.

Miserum

Hi.I know it's tough but working towards stopping thinking 'I can not..'.
Will help you alot in the long run.Your putting limitations on what you are capable of.You find bantering hard and so do I but you have done it.So have I.Which therefore means you can do it.Thats a positive to hold on to.

I know it's hard to stay motivated to keep putting yourself out there emotionally.But keeping trying to push yourself.Thats what I do even though like you it's not easy.Its better to try and fail than not to try at all.

Hope thinks get less hard for you soon.
Good point Ransford. I've had my exceptional points when it comes to bantering but consistency is the problem.

And I do have a problem with consistently telling myself I am not good enough, which I shouldn't be doing. Thank you for the positive words and reminder.

Last edited:

Miserum

i don't disrespect you. i find you intelligent and nice. Hope you get better soon. I get bored/lonely a lot. that's how it is for me these days so far.
Sorry to hear you're feeling lonely lily. I don't really have any advice regarding that (not that you asked for it) but thanks for the nice comment.