I am so depressed

Miserum

Quite possibly going on ADHD medication next week. I wonder what I'll be like? Will I be more focused? Will I be able to learn faster, converse better, finish tasks more quickly? Will I become a more focused driver? Will I stop rereading paragraphs 10 times over? Will my train of thought be harder to interrupt? Will my memory improve because of better focus?

I hope I don't develop acne or any serious side effects.

Miserum

There's that familiar feeling again... like people don't like me.

In other news, I should be starting an Adderall regiment soon--just waiting on some blood work. Psych and PCP both agree that I may have the inattentive form of adult ADHD.

In the meantime, before the prescription rolls in... the good doc has put me on a diet of coffee--he says that it's helpful in those with ACTUAL ADHD. And guess what? I do feel more focused after drinking coffee. Could be a placebo effect though.

Miserum

Took my ADHD meds for the first time today. I think it's helping me focus. The feeling is odd so I can't quite put it into words, other than by saying I think it's helping me focus. My focus peaked around the 2-3 hour mark (around 10-11am) and has slowly died down over the span of the day. It lasted the entire day and I feel pretty spent.

In particular, on the meds I did notice that I was MORE aware of how nervous I get during social interactions. I noticed that my heartbeat quickened at the anticipation of a social interaction, and felt it slow at the conclusion of an interaction.

But I am definitely going to have to try this drug a few more times to form a solid opinion on it.