How many of you believe?

Do you believe?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iason

In God, in a religion, in a some kind of trascendent?

I consider myself a catholic, even though I strongly disagree with most of Vatican's "policies", as well as with many interpretations and constructions which have been done over the christian literature.
This is because I "feel" God around me and I often prey. I thought to make this poll because sometimes when I'm anxious, or I feel depressed, I just pray and this helps me a lot. Praying is a strong way (I speak personally) to both relativize the problems and the reality around me, and to concentrate on myself, feeling just a part of it.

Last edited:

Luke1993

I think there has to be some sort of higher power that created us because something can't come from nothing! Science has no way of explaining how it was before the big bang. So there has to be something outside the laws of space matter and time. That's what I think anyway.

I don't believe in any of the "traditional" religions I guess, I think the Bible is a work of fiction.

iason

I think there has to be some sort of higher power that created us because something can't come from nothing! Science has no way of explaining how it was before the big bang. So there has to be something outside the laws of space matter and time. That's what I think anyway.

I don't believe in any of the "traditional" religions I guess, I think the Bible is a work of fiction.

Well I think the Bible is an historical opera, you know written by poor, simple people. Yes I know it was God that actually wrote it... so God is a simple person. For that I like that guy ;)

Edit : of course the aspect "narrative" of the Creation have been ridiculed by scientist... I'm not saying I believe in that tales, I'm more concentrated on other messages within christian scripts.
And, by the way, I can't see it as a "science vs supposed-God" matter, I'm sure that science, if it won't kill us all before that day (the same probability rests in the discovery of aethernal-life secrets, though) will discover more and more about the origin of universe and other curiosities.
God is in my view above and amongst all this human processes. It doesn't really care about neither :D Yes I know, I'm a sort of deist-catholic

Last edited:

Damaged

I was brought up as a catholic and went to church every sunday up until 11 years old.
Then when in high school i went to church on holy days with them.

I dont really understand why i was though because my family isn't at all religious.

I do love to read about religions and i think i like the idea of their being a god so it helps me cope with life if i believe in it =)

Who has knowledge about the sumerian tablets of creation, the stories are like the ones in the bible but more detailed. It gives you a different view about who God could be...

dooby-duck

I'm undecided. I think that religion could easily have be an early kind of law and order. A way to bring people under control.

I think something as big as the creator of everything in existence is far too complex for the human brain to comprehend. The existence of God cannot be proven, but also cannot be discredited, simply because there are things in this world and universe that are so big in size and function so perfectly, yet don't give away anything about their origin. We don't know what started it all. It could have been a almighty God, it could have been something entirely different. And even if we did know, like I said, I don't think we would be able to fully comprehend it.

The only thing we can do is make assumptions about it and stick with those assumptions. That's why they call it 'believe' and not 'knowing'. Each their own, and that's perfectly okay. ~WO

Long story short, I choose to be neutral. :3

lunarla

I don't believe in a god and I'm not part of any religion. As far as a possible afterlife goes, however, I have my own thoughts on that which are completely separate from any religious meaning. I realize that having those thoughts is my own way of trying to answer questions though.

AGR

I think there has to be some sort of higher power that created us because something can't come from nothing!
if you mean create by bringing into existence,isnt that something comming out of nothing,just popping out or willing out of nothing?
if something can never come out of nothing this bring us to a much bigger problem,who/what created the creator,whatever people think it may be?

Science has no way of explaining how it was before the big bang. So there has to be something outside the laws of space matter and time.
we just dont know,just because we dont know something,doesnt mean other oposing positions are by default right,it would need as much explaining as you expect scientists to do.

Last edited:

agoraphobickatie

i like what you wrote about praying :) praying is really overlooked/underestimated...

i was raised in church and i'm southern baptist, when my parents got divorced i stopped going to church, but through even my agoraphobia, i've started going back with my dad and it feels really nice to go :) ..i've always believed in God because that's just the way it is, but there are plenty of times when i feel that i really have had answered prayers, and i feel that some events aren't just 'coincidence'. anyway, i'm very open/respectful about other people's beliefs, i believe in my God and that's all that matters to me, it has nothing to do with you and what you think has nothing to do with me..