How many friendships have you had so far in your life?

ava

I have had only 2 friends....and i'm 18... I made my first friend when I was around 5 years old. She was a bit of a strange kid though XD Nobody else wud hang around with her coz she was weird lol even back then I was extremely withdrawn nd quiet. But anyway after I moved from that school I didn't make another friend again until I was around 11 or 12 years old. Her name was christine and She was my first Best Friend. I've lost touch with her now and since then haven't formed any relationships with anyone. The only friends I have right now are online ones :roll:

Ashiene

lol me too i have 700 contacts on my msn messenger but i speak to less than 15 of them (i cant remember how the rest got into my list)!

Ajuna24

Ashiene said:
lol me too i have 700 contacts on my msn messenger but i speak to less than 15 of them (i cant remember how the rest got into my list)!

700!? That's nuts. I have like.. 6 and I never talk with any of them anymore. I'm just logged on for no reason once in a while.

alex29

i had a lot of "friends" in high school, none i would consider best friends though

i have fewer but still a good amount in college but definitely no one i would consider a best friend

most of my best friends i met online

xSleepy

from about 5-12 i guess i had friends. people i would hang out with at school and stuff. i think i only went to someones house twice. i was never comfortable going to other peoples houses.

after the age of 12 i guess i sorta had maybe a few "friends". i was still in school and stuff, but lots of times i was just by myself, alone. so ive had school friends, but not anything more than that really.

crapo im horrible at explaning things
:roll:

I had one friend once. We were friends up until about 4 years ago. That's the most I have ever had, so it's a shame I lost them as a friend. I have never been able to make another one again.

I made my first friend at 18, because I didn't have internet access before that. About ten since (though I've only met two), or less for restrictive definitions of friendship.

ava said:
The only friends I have right now are online ones :roll:

I take it you don't value them much.

JonnyD

depends highly on your defeiniton, i have several "knowns" and some friends and one fake brother ;)

i have 1 person thats really my buddy - he's like a brother to me, i know him since the second grade.

i had some friends , but since i totally lost touch with them i can't really number , because i don't know what will happen if i see them, i'll probably be scared the hell out!

i made some friends at college, at school and at work, but generally i can't keep them, they just go away because i cant keep contact.

the funny part about most of my friends is that they generally the shy guys who are just shy, can overcome the fear of talking to me.

ava

I take it you don't value them much.
no way i love my online friends...its just that itd be nice to have some mates i cud go out and do stuff with..that kinda thing :lol:

WelshOne

I was friends with most people in my form in high school, and talked with people from other forms in my year too. Also had friends that were older, who lived near me.

I don't know what went wrong... well, actually I do - I got depressed and gave up on life; stopped leaving the house etc.

Thing is, knowing all those people makes it really hard for me to go anywhere local now because I'm terrified of seeing one of them and having to explain where I've been for the last 5 years. I've changed a lot, and seem to have lost my ability to make conversation easily, too =/

JCS008

I've had friends throughout my life. So came and went, but that's how life works. You can classify the people in your life in so many ways, so there's sometimes no point in making things so concrete.

BlackKids

I've had a couple of close friends that I've lost contact with but I've had one true friend.
There was a massive age gap but that didn't matter. Unfortunately we had an arguement and I didn't want to confront her so we really just drifted apart. I'd like to see her again but I guess I'm too much of a coward :(

Social_Monstrosity

I've had 2 people in my life who I would consider true friends.

I met them both in Elementary school...and starting in 8th grade we stopped being friends because I moved and switched schools.

It was around then that my SA surfaced..

sleepysparrow

I've had only 2 real life close friendships that didn't last long, i've got more internet friends but what the real thing is so much better.

Miami

I have had plenty of friends but only 2 people that I have considered to be "real friends/close friends"

sorrow1

Ive had loads in my past at school and at uni but they never lasted long and i lost nearly all of them. I got about 3 friends that im close with and have known and kept in touch with for about 12 years but most people just come and go. The last couple of years ive really struggled to make new ones.