How long have you been single?

How long have you been single?

• Total voters

LonelyGirl

I'm 18 and I've been single my entire life :(

I haven't even met many guys that I'd want to go out with. I'm convinced that most guys think I'm stupid/boring/ugly/weird etc so it's hard to feel that way about them. I have only had two crushes in my whole life.

The only men who have ever shown any interest in me have been way too old for me and had very strong accents that I could barely understand.

Danfalc

Banned
I met my gf over the net aswell yuiko.And shes the girl of my dreams i dunno how id cope without her now weve been together for like 3 years :oops: There is alot of creeps out there and stuff... and you dont really always know who your talking to or if your gonna have any idea of what there really like untill you meet em.But i think its a good way for people with our problems to meet other people.

yuiko

Danfalc said:
I met my gf over the net aswell yuiko.And shes the girl of my dreams i dunno how id cope without her now weve been together for like 3 years :oops: There is alot of creeps out there and stuff... and you dont really always know who your talking to or if your gonna have any idea of what there really like untill you meet em.But i think its a good way for people with our problems to meet other people.

..wow...thats realy fantastic...you are a lucky guy if you could met girl of your dreams using net...

i know there are many girls from my dreams all over the net :lol:

xSleepy

since forever. But I wouldnt care so much if other people didnt make it seem like such a big deal to be with someone. People make it sound like its soooo stressful to date and crap.... if it is stressful then why date? Dating should be fun, right?

I feel like im not making much sense...im confusing myself, lol

persian

I'm 21, had one crappy long distance relationship.
Been single for 2 years now.

I will prolly stay single 'till the day i die. I have social skills of a rock, i'm ugly but at the same time i have way to high standards, suck at everything, no friends, barely go out, i'm weird and different, probably emotionally retarded ... oh, and i'm a loser as well :) Quite a catch, hm? :wink:

Kien

We must choke our feelings and lose all hope and realize that some (many?) people are not ment to be liked by anyone.

If we could see into the future, I think people like us should be terminated shortly after birth. :)

gqguru

I'm 22, I've been single my whole life. I usually show disinterest to those who are interested on purpose, just to make sure they don't get to close. I don't find the idea of a relationship comfortable- when I'm not comfortable with myself. If that makes sense?!

Finn

I was going out with my ex for 2 and a half years but since then i've been single for the last 2 years, every guy i've went out with in the last 2 years have only been after one thing from me, starting to think ill end up old and alone

scorpion

The thing i hate more is whend i am told, you are young, you have lots of time, and another year goes by, and another, and another.
And after 10 years, i am still young, but not so young and people still say the same crap, but whith thath expression on their faces "You are going to die single".
They should just shut up
I made a bet 7 years ago about finding someone, because of thath crap talk, at the time they found it fun, but 7 years later ( sadly) I am wining the bet.
the bet was i would be single after 10 years, 7 have gone by just 3 more to go
I am closer to win
CRAP

Caseums21

I'm a 23 year old female and I've been single for about 3 years. It honestly doesn't bother me that badly. Probably because the guys around here are not the "boyfriend" type. I did date someone for 3 years and we were engaged. I broke off the engagement but we are still best friends.

Danfalc22

Banned
yuiko said:
i know there are many girls from my dreams all over the net :lol:

Haha... tsk didnt your mum warn you about them sorta girls :wink: or is that why there ya type :lol:

only had 2 relationships.

first was really casual and nice. she knew I was nervous so we joked about everything but we were only 16 and her dad was strict so we kind of just went back to being friends at school. other was when I was 17 going 18 and her parents didnt like me, so we stopped. I moved when I was 18, been single and friendless since. :cry:

Tab

well lets see, im 19 and been single for 19 years. :roll: when some one tries to get close to me i push them away i dont know why and i cant explain it.

persian

Kien said:
If we could see into the future, I think people like us should be terminated shortly after birth. :)

Agree ... that would have saved me alot of trouble. Fuck living like this :roll:

AuroraSky

Maybe I can give a little hope here as if I can find a partner anyone can. I dated a bit in college but then almost nothing until I was 33 and I met someone through the website www.social-anxiety.org.uk who was a penpal first for a long time and then we got together, have been for 4 years.

I had so little success with women (well I was too chicken to ask any out, so I never got rejected either I guess!) that I felt very unloveable. My gf has admitted that her first thought when she actually met me was "my, what a big head" - and she didn't mean I was egotistical, literally I have got a large head! Luckily for me she likes hands and thinks my hands and eyes are nice. We had corresponded a lot about lots of things before we got together however I would not recommend this for everyone - I did the same with one other very nice lady I met through match.com and we got on great by e-mail but had no chemistry in person, and felt bad we had invested so much in the relationship without ever meeting first.

So I would say don't give up hope of finding someone who cares about you through online means. You just have to be open to regular people, as I find many shy men are unrealistic about wanting to be with some "hottie" when they just don't have the good looks or personality to attract someone like that, and yet will ignore a perfectly pleasant person and normal-looking person as not being up to their standards.

The one thing I had in my favour is that I express myself better in writing than I would in conversation in a noisy bar or disco. When I e-mailed people I always focused on positive things I would like to do, and my interests in travel and cinema, so I probably created a better impression than someone who just e-mails about how depressing their life was (and mine was pretty lonely at the time, my parents both died in 2001 and my few friends were married and too busy to see me, but I didn't focus on that I focused on a better future instead).

Unfortunately my gf has issues about rejection and abandonment so doesn't always feel reassured that our relationship will last, and I also sometimes worry about being a couple of bad arguments away from a breakup and lonely singlehood again (which is irrational as we only have occasional, minor arguments), so we don't always get all the benefits we should from being in a relationship.

There are two books, "Shy And Single" and "If The Buddha Dated" which I would recommend to any shy person here who doubts if love will ever happen for them, both are easily available from Amazon. Good luck to all the singletons out there :)