How long have you been single?

How long have you been single?

• Total voters

Richey

Too bloody long .. :?

laugh out loud

I talked to a classy lass at the music store today, there was chemistry, but i walk away without even asking for a contact ..

i'll probably never see her again ...

reinforces the term "seaze the moment" ..because i didn't ..

even just to make a new friend ..and i still arsed! it up

Kien

In 10th july I will have been single for 21 years. :}

I love when your parents starts to joke about that you might be gay.

Richey

Kien said:

I get very defensive when this is brought up, almost every time a family party comes up, its brought up infront of everybody, do you realize how demorilizing it is to sit there and having people blurt this vermon out of their mouth, even though i firmly state that "I know i'm not gay"

I get it from everyone, my whole family, my grandma, i even had my uncle trying to convince me that "many people are gay" and they just dont know it, there is nothing wrong with it" ...

He went on to say "When he was younger all they ever did was bring girls home until we found the perfect choice" .."thats just how it was, you'd bring a different girl home every weekend" ...

Ok sure, thats fine, for starters he had all the traits, the confidence, a life brought up in the army, is tall, has blue eyes, never had any self esteem issues or lack of confidence ..

He is your typical alpha male, arrogant, big boned, they always get girls, even when they arnt trying to

Kien

Richey said:
Kien said:

I get very defensive when this is brought up, almost every time a family party comes up, its brought up infront of everybody, do you realize how demorilizing it is to sit there and having people blurt this vermon out of their mouth, even though i firmly state that "I know i'm not gay"

I get it from everyone, my whole family, my grandma, i even had my uncle trying to convince me that "many people are gay" and they just dont know it, there is nothing wrong with it" ...

He went on to say "When he was younger all they ever did was bring girls home until we found the perfect choice" .."thats just how it was, you'd bring a different girl home every weekend" ...

Ok sure, thats fine, for starters he had all the traits, the confidence, a life brought up in the army, is tall, has blue eyes, never had any self esteem issues or lack of confidence ..

He is your typical alpha male, arrogant, big boned, they always get girls, even when they arnt trying to
You have never told (any of) them that you have actually fallen in love with girls in your life? I myself has only told my sister. She got very suprised, she didn't even think that I could fall in love (I wish I could not :D).

HH

I get this shit all the time. I swear people think I'm gay-being 28 and never dated. Luckly our family doesn't have many gatherings now a days for different reasons but years ago it was hell. Now I just say i'm too busy to find a relationship at the moment-although I can't really stretch that reason out much longer. But to be honest sometimes its nice just to do your own thing so its a catch 22 i guess

Sponglewang

about two years with the odd one night stand here and there which isn't really my bag to be honest.
It's been abot 6yrs since my last proper relationship ie longer than 3months.
It's not hard for me to find a girl that likes me but it's very hard for me to find one that can put up with me for any significant length of time.
My OCD and 12yr history of drug abuse dosent help greatly...
Oh well, I'm proud to be a freak. Fuck normal ppl, bloody drones with no real depth of character due to experience.

Believe it or not thats one thing we have over normals... our experience with our shit. Makes us strong and deep I reckon. blah blah blah I'll shut up now

lifes_to_long

I've only ever had one relationship it lasted 2.5 yrs and haven't had a girlfriend for 1.5 yrs but I really want one, if theres any girls out there who are nice I'd love to meet you, its weird because I'm not actually a shy person but I am socialphobic,I' m still trying to work it out.?!?!

shyjames21

I have been single for 21 years (I am 21)

I get the jokes about being gay from my parents too it really irritates me. Or even when people ask you if you have a girlfriend it just makes me uncomfortable.

I have been feeling more confident recently because I have been seeing my friends a lot more and going out. Hopefully this confidence will pay off even more.

I'm going to a friends 22nd this weekend hopefully I can meet someone :D

Emma

A llllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time, and probably will continue to be :cry:

de

like so many blokes on this site it has been suggested that i am gay and to be honest at this stage i would swap S.A for being homeosexual any day, im sick of this shit,the last date i was on was when i was 19 im now 22 23 in a few month like so many others in my life i cut her out which was the biggest mistake of my life because i really liked her.god im sick of being alone i guess its nobodys fault except my own

I actually just broke up with my gf of 6 months today, and alot of it had to do with her with me finally opening up to her about my SA yesterday, it makes me feel great let me tell you.

I really dont think I even want another g/f, this is the second time this SA thing has ended one of my relationships, the last time my gf thought i was crazy. :roll:

So yeah, thats about it :(

I hate emo's but I also hate to admit it but this suicide thing is looking better and better every day, just getting quite tired.

We'll see I guess.

-Chris

silentangel

been single now almost 3 years, my ex dumped me for one of our close friends :cry: anyhow, i have 3 exes, and 2 of them told me they cheated on me coz im ugly physically. so yeah it hurt alot but i got over it. i dont know if il ever get another partner. i trust in the Lord and if it isnt meant to be, so be it.

Carstuar

Short version:
I've been in three relationships that lasted no more than 6 months, and I've now been single for a little more than a year.

The first one was a stupid mistake when I was 16. She was a crazy "bad girl", and didn't treat me well. I think I only went out with her because the sex thing was new and exciting. (This was before SA)

The second one was actually really really great for a while. I was 17/18. She was in my class in school. I was depressed, but she was attracted to me for some reason, and managed to pull me out of it and got me into a group of good friends. She was very sweet and we shared some interests in music and movies. The only problem was she lived 45 minutes away, had strict parents, and a tight schedule. We argued a lot, and discovered that we were quite different. She liked to go out and do stuff in big groups, while I prefer being with just a few people in quiet places. She talks alot, and I have a hard time keeping a conversation going.
In the end she dumped me because I was too emotionally needy.
This is where my SA started to get severe and turned into AvPD. I could no longer hang out with that group of friends because it was too painful to run into her all the time, and I got more depressed than ever.
Shortly afterwards, I had fallen too far behind in school to catch up.

The third one I met online. I was 19. She seemed like the perfect girl for me. We shared so many interests and points of view. I mean, it takes A LOT to fall in love over just the internet and the phone.
All of a sudden I had fresh motivation to push my AvPD aside!
Distance was a big obstacle here, though. I live in the far south of Norway, and she lives in the far north. Norway is bigger than it seems, when it comes to traveling through it. We met twice. Once in the middle, and once I took trains and buses for more than 24 hours to get to her. Both times it was absolutely fantastic. But again, my depression and neediness scared her off in the end, in combination with the distance.
I wish so badly that things had turned out different between us. I feel like I missed my shot at "true love".
AvPD came back, even more severe now. I also put on A LOT of weight after this, which I'm still struggling to lose every day.

Here's a Japanese expression:
Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there.

I don't consider myself better off than people who have always been single. All I remember is pain, and even the good memories like first kisses and stuff lead to more pain.

There's my sob story >_>. Feel free to just read the short version ;P

villacjs

I am 22 and I have been single for 22 years :( . It is still my fault, because I have never asked a girl out, mainly because of never finding the 'right' girl. I went to an all boys private high school so I never got to meet any girls in those years. I never met any girls outside of school back in those days either because I never had the chance (SA). I go to uni (college) now I cant start a random conversation with just any girl around. I also don't have a job or any interests (because of SA :roll: )

I wish I could just get over SA and start dating but that is a long way off at the moment.

ReVeR

out of my 17 yeasr of life,
i was not single for about 2 weks
and i hated it but i think its was just my girlfriend she was trying to be alot more serious than I was
one day she told me she loved me...
and i droped that bitch like a hot tortilla !!!