How long does it take you to get out of bed?

Miami

About a year or two ago I used to be able to wake up super early for work and be full or energy in seconds.
Now I hang on to every last minute laying in bed, then I get up and get ready in 5 minutes and while still feeling tired I rush to work so I dont get late.
I guess I used to look forward to my day more back then or something :confused:

Harleyq

It's always hard for me to get out of bed. I set my alarm about an hour or a half hour earlier than when I'm supposed to get up because I know I'll be using the snooze button. It's gotten to where I'll wake up, hold my alarm clock in my hand with my thumb over the snooze, and then when it goes off, I just squeeze my hand and go back to sleep.

Miami

It's always hard for me to get out of bed. I set my alarm about an hour or a half hour earlier than when I'm supposed to get up because I know I'll be using the snooze button. It's gotten to where I'll wake up, hold my alarm clock in my hand with my thumb over the snooze, and then when it goes off, I just squeeze my hand and go back to sleep.

I do that too but I have about 5 alarms on my phone in the morning set about 5-10 minutes apart. and i just lay there canceling them when they wake me up so I can get some more "rest"

LycraPantiies92

My phone alarm goes off at 6am. I get up about half 6, when i've had to be shouted up cos i slept through my alarm *rolls eyes!* Then i get up straight away usually..bout 6.45. Get all ready to go out and actually be out the door at 8am to walk up for my train lol.
It's not long to have to get ready.

philly2bits

I don't have work right now, so I never set my alarm. These days I will lay in bed until I get too bored laying there and I need to do anything else. On some days it takes a very long time to get bored

Kien

Heh i like the feel of lying in the bed so i might wait up to 2 hours. I might fall asleep several times also. Staying in bed again just increases sleep chance. Unill it's too far into the day, then I can't sleep any more. Atm that is around 15:30.

Weirdo

Today I took time wasting to a new level. I went to sleep after midnight and woke up at 7 AM. After 10 minutes I wasn't sleepy at all, which really surprised me, but I didn't want to get up so early, so I laid in bed awake for over an hour and then, although I didn't want to, I accidentaly fell asleep and woke up at 10. Then I took my usual hour of laying in bed, so all in all that makes 4 hours of perfectly wasted time. Oh well..

manda panda

eek ages!

I usually put my alarm at least 1 hour before I need to leave the house. I then snooze 30-45 minutes of that, leaving me less than 30 minutes to get ready. I tend to take longer than 30 minutes and therefore am always late. Always.

I am so not a morning person! ::p:

Jake123

Banned
When I used to go to school it was so hard for me to get out of bed that my mom would throw a bucket of water on me lol

PhantomPod

It takes me 20 minutes to get up out of bed. I always set my alarm for 6:40am, but then I just keep hitting snooze over and over until I finally get up at 7:00am and start getting ready for work.

i want to live in my bed. i hate waking up. i get seriously addicted to hitting the snooze. i'm like a rat pressing a lever for cocaine. the only way i can get up is if i don't allow myself to hit the snooze at all. because i'll just never stop.

i'm hoping someday that my life will be decent enough that i'll actually want to get out of bed.

Adammm

If i have something to do during the day, then i can usually get up straight away when my alarm goes off (i leave my alarm far away from my bed so i actually have to get out of bed and walk just to turn it off haha).

The rest of the time my sleeping patterns are pretty terrible. Sometimes i'll go to bed at about 4am, then wake up early the next day. Other times i'll go to bed at about midnight, and then sleep through til the next afternoon.:rolleyes:

Weird1

I can get up in the morning it's just that I procrastinate when it comes to working. I have had a thousand jobs and nothing has come from them really because I am to scarey to follow through. I always think about what could go wrong and never get it done. I really want to change this and stop being so lazy and get motivated.

thuany

It takes me 15 minutes Before i can get out of bed.. If i wake up straight away i start to get dazed and get a little head ache.. Hate waking up 5am every morning...

thor01

When I have to go to college I find it so hard to get up. I've been late lots due to it, plus the trains being delayed recently. Maybe I just need to go to bed earlier, but I don't like getting up in the morning for something I don't want to do, anyway. And I also hit the snooze button till the last minute. Sometimes I accidentaly turn it off and it doesn't go off again. In holidays and weekends I usually lie there a while too, not usually to continue sleeping, just to lie. And I feel lazy doing this. However if the house is empty, and/or there's nothing to do I don't want to do I usually feel more motivated to get up somehow.

Voltar

It takes me about 10 to 15 minutes to get out of bed on work days. I use my mobiles' three alarms spaced at 5 minute intervals.

I have a trick I taught myself one day that makes sure I don't fall back to sleep when I need to get up for work or something. You lay on your back with your feet together and one big toe overlapping the other. Then you push one big toe down on the other until it 'flicks' past, then do the same with the other. You keep doing this in a motion and the rule is you can keep laying in bed, close your eyes, face in the pillow, whatever you like, as long as you keep flicking one toe over the other. If you stop you know you are in danger of going to sleep which should make you either restart the exercise, or get out of bed!

hippiechild

Assuming that it's natural sleep, approximately 8 seconds plus or minus 20%.

If I've drugged myself into submission, my waking period can range from 20 minutes to several hours, maybe even all day...eugh. In such cases I often dream of waking up and starting my day, then wake up to realize that I was only dreaming, then I fall asleep and dream of waking up again..etc.

Miami

60 seconds ! but usually I'm awake before my mobile phone starts bothering me. Up and do my morning gymnastics <--- it's NOT as uncool as it sounds :) When I was in school, my internal clock was scary accurate, the alarm clock was only for backup.

I used to be like that. It was awesome :D

Voltar

60 seconds ! but usually I'm awake before my mobile phone starts bothering me. Up and do my morning gymnastics <--- it's NOT as uncool as it sounds :) When I was in school, my internal clock was scary accurate, the alarm clock was only for backup.

Ahh, those were the days. I used to have a paper-round before school and I had my alarm set for 5:45am and every day I would wake up at 5:40am, be wide awake straight away, jump out of bed, get dressed before my alarm went off, hit the alarm, then cycle like a mofo down to the newsagents for 5:55am, just before it opened. :cool: